• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ohtani had discomfort, got an MRI

2 minutes ago, Fourts said:

Everybody knows the first TJ surgery is just a place holder for #2.  I can’t wait to see Ohtani throwing darts after that 2nd TJ Surgery.  It’s gonna be great.  The future is bright. 

I’ve never heard anyone say that but we’re watching those cheap years of control go by along with what’s left of the youthful years of Trout. 

It’s easy enough to be concerned about this but we really ought to just wait and see before we start deciding he’s not a pitcher anymore or that he shouldn’t pitch this season imo.  The MRI could just be an abundance of caution thing.  Lots of guys have rocky roads back after tommy john.  

don’t get me wrong, it’s definitely concerning.  And look, if it turns out that he needs to just be a hitter or whatever.  That’s not the worst thing in the world.  The guy is a god tier athlete.  Who knows what they could do with him.  Anyway.  We’ll see. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

5 minutes ago, wopphil said:

Time to transition him to an outfield position. I think his pitching career is over.

I know it's been all doom and gloom here but I got a chuckle from thinking about this.

*sigh* guess we gotta settle for .280, 25+ HR's and 25+ stolen bases (since I'm assuming the reason he doesn't get the green light is due to him pitching)"

6 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Screw the pitching, his delivery is just too violent to expect long term pitching anyway.   Play him 150 games at 1B in 2021 and beyond, and pay off Albert’s $30 million to retire.  

Maybe Upton can actually hit MLB pitching, if focusing on DHing.

Unfortunately next season we will have a 3 DH logjam and that's on Eppler. Ohtani is not a defensive position player and never will be. 

Edited by RendZone

Am I the only one who thinks that if by some miracle his arm is fine we would be better off to just let him be an everyday hitter for this shortened season? Although he has shown improvement, we can't afford to have him go out there every Sunday as a spring training start with every game being that much more important. I think he might have immensely power value as a hitter in our lineup everyday rather than 4 games in the lineup as a hitter and 1 start where we don't know what to expect. Let him throw bullpens throughout the week but let him pick pitching back up when we have an actual spring training again. Believe it or not I do believe we have the pitching depth; Heaney, Bundy, Canning, Teheran, Andriese, Sandoval to make up for his loss in the rotation and stay afloat in this 60-game season.

Edited by rafibomb

4 hours ago, Taylor said:

In before, "Just make him a full-time hitter already!!!"

I agree:

3 hours ago, RendZone said:

The two-way player thing may have to stop unfortunately.

3 hours ago, Jason said:

If that’s the case then his pitching days should be gone 

3 hours ago, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

I’m about ready to be on the Shohei offense only train. I feel for him. 

1 hour ago, wopphil said:

Time to transition him to an outfield position. I think his pitching career is over.

1 hour ago, Angels 1961 said:

Looks like we found our 1B or OF for 2021

58 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

Lol just make this guy a hitter and be done with the god damn fucking bull shit. 

20 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Screw the pitching, his delivery is just too violent to expect long term pitching anyway.   Play him 150 games at 1B in 2021 and beyond, and pay off Albert’s $30 million to retire.  

Maybe Upton can actually hit MLB pitching, if focusing on DHing.

40 minutes ago, RendZone said:

I’m stunned that the Angels Manager, coaches and trainers didn’t see this and pull him out immediately. It was obvious that he was rubbing his forearm and elbow.

This is the Coaching staff that let him throw 40 pitches, without a proper rehab assignment and spring training. He should have been taken out at pitch 30.

Taylor, with all do respect....WTF is your point? The guy already blew out his arm and it looks like he might have done that again. God forbid people mention he should stick to hitting so our favorite team could get some value out of him before he leaves.

Maybe if Ohtani puts a mask on his arm he won't get the TJ.

8 minutes ago, Taylor said:

I due enjoy the predictability of AW.

This two-way thing may just be something that's too difficult to manage. When they signed him he had just come off of ankle surgery and had a first-degree sprain in his UCL which required platelet-rich plasma injections. Then he needed Tommy John and a knee surgery. Now this recent situation puts the team in a flux. They're going to have a lot of DH types next season.