• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

FIRE MADDON

failos

2 hours ago, Angels 1961 said:

Joe could be gone if halos have a bad April. Let's say 7 to 9 games under 500. Angels cannot wait after 6 losing seasons. Mike can drive down the 5 or Phil Nevin can manage team from 3rd base coaching box.

disappointed winnie the pooh GIF

I do not believe that Maddon has the temperament or patience for a young team prone to making mistakes as they jell. With only one year left on his contract I don't see him mentoring the young players for the next manager to take them to the playoffs and take most of the credit. 

9 hours ago, cals said:

Considering you all are the same group of guys who were afraid to criticize Reagins as GM and were sucking Dipoto's pole for years, you haven't really shown you're all the greatest baseball minds out there.  I'm gonna continue to support Joe for now. 

one of Maddon's biggest critics and someone who's been consistent since he started is the same guy who started calling out Dipoto at least two years before everyone else.  

16 hours ago, Reveille1984 said:

I don't think Joe would be in any danger even if we had that terrible of an April.  This just isn't the type of ownership group that would feel pressured to make a move based on mediocrity.  

Unless attendance/profitability takes a complete nosedive, I honestly don't feel Moreno cares that much about the team's performance.  As long as he has his marketable stars in Trout/Ohtani to draw in the fanbase, I don't think he's too worried.

This isn’t based on anything other than your emotions. 

• 1 month later...
On 4/12/2022 at 6:14 AM, Stradling said:

There’s zero chance he’s getting fired mid season. Arte loves the guy.  
On the bright side it’s five games in and I haven’t questioned their defensive positioning yet and there have been a ton of ground ball outs. 

Arte is an idiot and needs to sell the team to someone who cares and hire a real manager

7 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I don’t like him either. 

It's kinda painful actually.  It's probably unfair but I keep noticing things that he has his hands on in reference to the team and it constantly annoys me.  Even if normal baseball shit happens.  I just want him to go away.  

21 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

nor do I.  And I still don't like Maddon even when we win.  I mean, not personally cuz I don't know him.  Just as the Angels manager.  

Agreed. He has made a lot of questionable decisions this year. He's gotten away with some but we are 0-3 rolling out the B squad lineups over the past few weeks pretty much giving away games. I get resting guys from time to time but not before an off day and not several of the big bats at one time,. He is also inconsistent with how he manages the pitching staff, leaving some of them in to work through things while pulling others quickly. I'll leave you with some Jomboy that has a pretty great Mike Trout reaction to Maddon's decision making.