• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

FIRE MADDON

failos

1 hour ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

The little rapsodo devices are portable so they put them wherever they want. I am sure teams have them to use whenever they want to evaluate players in pregame work or when they’re injured, etc. 

I don’t think it would be really useful for in-game decisions. Are you thinking they’ll have 2 pitchers throwing next to each other, at 100 percent velocity, and bring in whoever has higher spin that day?

that was him responding to my question and I was more wondering if that type of thing occurred.  Not so much comparing one guy to another but to confirm that someone has their average stuff that day.  For instance, with Slegers, he's a sinker guy.  Some days you can just tell that the sinker isn't working.  At least I would imagine that rapsodo would give you he ability to tell immediately.  Instead of bringing him in with runners on and needing 3 batters to find out what he's go that day.  

I suspected that things haven't gotten quite that granular.  Was just curious.  

8 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

that was him responding to my question and I was more wondering if that type of thing occurred.  Not so much comparing one guy to another but to confirm that someone has their average stuff that day.  For instance, with Slegers, he's a sinker guy.  Some days you can just tell that the sinker isn't working.  At least I would imagine that rapsodo would give you he ability to tell immediately.  Instead of bringing him in with runners on and needing 3 batters to find out what he's go that day.  

I suspected that things haven't gotten quite that granular.  Was just curious.  

How far into his warm ups do you decide he won't perform well to start another arm warming up? Usually when a guy is called to start throwing it is a countdown clock before he needs to come in. Starting up another guy means that clock resets and whoever on the mound that is in trouble has to stay in. Doesn't sound like it would be an effective tool.

8 minutes ago, Blarg said:

How far into his warm ups do you decide he won't perform well to start another arm warming up? Usually when a guy is called to start throwing it is a countdown clock before he needs to come in. Starting up another guy means that clock resets and whoever on the mound that is in trouble has to stay in. Doesn't sound like it would be an effective tool.

I have no idea.  I'm not really trying to imply that it should be done.  Just curious if it was and thought it would be interesting if so.  

I'm sure that the pen coach, who essentially acts as the human rapsodo, is there to feed back to the manager if something doesn't seem right with one of the guys up.  

9 hours ago, Blarg said:

What he said. 

8 hours ago, Dochalo said:

I have no idea.  I'm not really trying to imply that it should be done.  Just curious if it was and thought it would be interesting if so.  

I'm sure that the pen coach, who essentially acts as the human rapsodo, is there to feed back to the manager if something doesn't seem right with one of the guys up.  

I don’t even think the stuff or feel in the bullpen is a reliable enough indicator of what’s to come in the game. I have never heard of a guy warming up and then not being used because his stuff in the pen wasn’t good enough. 

7 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

I don’t even think the stuff or feel in the bullpen is a reliable enough indicator of what’s to come in the game. I have never heard of a guy warming up and then not being used because his stuff in the pen wasn’t good enough. 

Jeff, Raisel Iglesias 2 years 26 mill or 3 years 36 mill? If not trade him.

Maddon made some pretty solid personnel choices in tonight's game.

- Starting Stassi behind the plate for Ohtani resulted in a VERY well pitcher game for Ohtani AND more runs in the scoreboard because of Stassi's bat. 

- Starting Juan Lagares in CF saved two rings with his HR robbery, and it completely changed the momentum of the game. If the Angels are down 4-3 after 5 innings instead of up 3-2, it may have resulted in a loss. 

#ExtendMaddon

6 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Maddon made some pretty solid personnel choices in tonight's game.

- Starting Stassi behind the plate for Ohtani resulted in a VERY well pitcher game for Ohtani AND more runs in the scoreboard because of Stassi's bat. 

- Starting Juan Lagares in CF saved two rings with his HR robbery, and it completely changed the momentum of the game. If the Angels are down 4-3 after 5 innings instead of up 3-2, it may have resulted in a loss. 

#ExtendMaddon

So he made the right decision after making the same wrong decision about a dozen times.

• 8 months later...