• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Opt out questions

23 minutes ago, SoPas Angel said:

If there is no season - and I am also pessimistic - what will your first emotion be: sadness that there is no baseball or happiness that you were right? 

No sadness at all. I’ve always been on the no fan-less baseball side of the fence. Trying to navigate through a ridicules short season not knowing who will be in your lineup from one day to the next is just dumb. Imagine having your entire lineup on a Tuesday just to find out that 6 of them tested positive and they now must go quarantine themselves. Bring in the “B” squad. No thank you. 

12 minutes ago, RendZone said:

No sadness at all. I’ve always been on the no fan-less baseball side of the fence. Trying to navigate through a ridicules short season not knowing who will be in your lineup from one day to the next is just dumb. Imagine having your entire lineup on a Tuesday just to find out that 6 of them tested positive and they now must go quarantine themselves. Bring in the “B” squad. No thank you. 

It'll be exciting. Like watching live sports. 

12 minutes ago, RendZone said:

It will definitely be disappointing, it may even flat-out suck... but I don't think it's dumb. A lot of people will not get paid at all if there is no baseball season. It's not "dumb" for them to want to work as much as they can.  

3 minutes ago, SoPas Angel said:

It will definitely be disappointing, it may even flat-out suck... but I don't think it's dumb. A lot of people will not get paid at all if there is no baseball season. It's not "dumb" for them to want to work as much as they can.  

That’s a whole different argument. 

1 minute ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I understand all the potential criticisms of this season, but come on, when those first few games come on it's gona be great.

Can't wait. Can't get here fast enough. The fans are going to love it. Race to the post season. Every game matters. Should add an extra element. 

5 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I understand all the potential criticisms of this season, but come on, when those first few games come on it's gona be great.

I couldn’t agree more.  I have more thoughts on it, but I will let it work itself out.

5 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Yep..  Uncharted territory and it's a fluid situation that keeps changing as more and more info comes in.   I fully expect the league to trip over it's own feet a few time and rest assured the minute it does..  BOOM!    The finger pointing, the criticism, the second guessing.   Same shit as always.  

Everyone's an expert.

I just wish people could have an opened mind about it. I find myself far more open to the changes we'll see this season if only because I'll be grateful for whatever baseball we get. 

I do think the chaos that has been 2020 is finally starting to negatively affect my mental state, and having baseball back would be a little semblance of normalcy in what is still a very chaotic time.

1 minute ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I just wish people could have an opened mind about it. I find myself far more open to the changes we'll see this season if only because I'll be grateful for whatever baseball we get. 

I do think the chaos that has been 2020 is finally starting to negatively affect my mental state, and having baseball back would be a little semblance of normalcy in what is still a very chaotic time.

I just wish people would have an open mind to just shut it down for 2020 and allow the League, owners and players to get together and fix all of the off-field issues. Come back bigger and better than ever next spring. But it looks like they’re going to focus on trying to force a 60 game season with no fans and call it real. 

4 minutes ago, RendZone said:

I just wish people would have an open mind to just shut it down for 2020 and allow the League, owners and players to get together and fix all of the off-field issues. Come back bigger and better than ever next spring. But it looks like they’re going to focus on trying to force a 60 game season with no fans and call it real. 

7 minutes ago, RendZone said:

Have you heard anyone say that if they call off the season, the owners and players will "get together and fix all the off-field issues"? Has anyone in the media or the game suggested that is what they would do if there were no season?

9 minutes ago, RendZone said:

What issues is canceling the season going to solve? I'll help you out, the answer is none. In fact canceling the season will create new issues and further complicate existing ones. 

16 minutes ago, RendZone said:

image.jpeg

I miss the game as much as anyone but what scares me more is lack of leadership in our nation. Players opting out and positive cases going up not down. All of us want things back to normal, when you can go to a game have a beer. How do we get to that point? Do we have baseball or not is really not that important. Are kids going back to school this fall and what happens to this virus then. We as a nation need to find some answers. Why are numbers in Canada and Europe gone down? What did they do different? 

2 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

What issues is canceling the season going to solve? I'll help you out, the answer is none. In fact canceling the season will create new issues and further complicate existing ones. 

Or playing in an uncertain situation when the plan is on a day to day life support might complicate things even more. 

1 minute ago, Angels 1961 said:

I miss the game as much as anyone but what scares me more is lack of leadership in our nation. Players opting out and positive cases going up not down. All of us want things back to normal, when you can go to a game have a beer. How do we get to that point? Do we have baseball or not is really not that important. Are kids going back to school this fall and what happens to this virus then. We as a nation need to find some answers. Why are numbers in Canada and Europe gone down? What did they do different? 

Someone should create a thread for that. 

First off, I respect any decision Mike Trout, or for that matter, any player who decides to opt out because of a family decision or for whatever reason they choose.  It's their right, their decision and their life.

With that being said, there is no way that any person is going to be 100% safe in this environment.  So I understand the concern of the players while being on the road.  I read Kris Bryant's tweet in which he cites travel, hotels, room service, etc.  The reality is if players do what most everyone is doing, wear your mask in public, wash your hands extensively, and social distance when possible, you are basically eliminating 95% of the way of transmitting or contracting the virus.  There are no sure things, and there won't be for a while.

For reference...my son is a Paramedic in LA County and his station responds to over 7,200 calls a year.  His wife is an ER Nurse at Huntington Hospital and is 7 months pregnant.  She was STILL working in her ER up until a month ago until she felt it was just too dangerous, but my son is still working his shifts.  This is extremely high risk for all involved, but they do what is required.  They mask up, wash their hands, and stay current on testing.  So far, so good thank God.  

So when I hear players say they are worried about this, the answer is they should be.  Aren't we all?  But the reality is players are not at any more risk than any one of us.  As a matter of fact, they are probably SAFER than the general public because they eventually will have protections in place to protect them.  Most of us don't.  

I will respect any player that decides to opt out, as I stated before, Mike Trout included.  But I simply cannot wait for baseball to start.  I firmly believe once the season starts, things will fall into place.  If it goes south after 20 games, I'll have to accept that.  But at least that's 20 games we got to watch.

17 minutes ago, SoPas Angel said:

Have you heard anyone say that if they call off the season, the owners and players will "get together and fix all the off-field issues"? Has anyone in the media or the game suggested that is what they would do if there were no season?

13 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Exactly.  Like what from the past couple months of the owners/MLBPA negotiations fiasco, communication embarrassments and overall current contempt for both sides right gives any sane person the mindset that they can work together and fix anything.  I wouldn't bet on them working together to set a freaking the clock or putting together a 10 piece puzzle at this point in time. 

3 minutes ago, PattyD22 said:

So when I hear players say they are worried about this, the answer is they should be.  Aren't we all?  But the reality is players are not at any more risk than any one of us.  As a matter of fact, they are probably SAFER than the general public because they eventually will have protections in place to protect them.  Most of us don't.  

I think that's a good point to make. We can talk about the players risk that comes with playing, but you can't really evaluate that risk without considering the risk they will expose themselves to if they don't play. Going to the grocery store is probably going to be much more dangerous to them than going to practice.