• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Opt out questions

18 hours ago, Fourts said:

Should have realized it’s AngelsWin and many people can’t read - they just want to jump to their on agenda.  I never said ALL players.  I said super rich ones.  Again, reading comprehension is difficult I know. Anyway, being rich simply allows them the opportunity to opt out.  Doesn’t mean they will - but it’s an option.  And several have taken it.  Most people have no such option and are forced to do as required to get that paycheck.  Trout has that option and he’s set for 10 lifetimes - most guys don’t and need to work even though wife is pregnant.  No problems with that - just the facts.  

btw, I have several super rich friends.  They  are not flaunting their riches.  But they have no need right now to work 40+ hours a week like most of us.  

What’s the point of even bringing up super rich players? This has been a discussion of mlb players not just the top 10%, keep up and re-read the post you were responding to before you accuse others of poor reading comprehension.

5 hours ago, yk9001 said:

And I'd love to bang a different super model every night.  And my wife would love to be married to a guy who closes every cabinet the toilet seat cover after, not before.  

So guess what, we all make do with the current situation we have.

And put on your future shades - with the progression we've made with the virus (ie, NONE), chances are there won't be fans next year.

Fify 

1 hour ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

What’s the point of even bringing up super rich players? This has been a discussion of mlb players not just the top 10%, keep up and re-read the post you were responding to before you accuse others of poor reading comprehension.

Except i actually explained in said post exactly why i was making my comment.  I even said that the person i quoted had nothing to do with my comment and was not an aim of such.  So nice try tough guy/girl.  Is there some kind of daily quota of attacking posters that i'm not aware of?  Or is there some personal nerve i accidentally hit that pushed you too far?  Either way, continue to fire away at me -- I can handle it (that way future others who can't don't get the brunt of your made-up internet anger smh).

Also, Is there also a rule on AngelsWin for not commenting on anything except for the OG post.  Sorry to have failed this rule.  I'm so embarrassed to be the one and only person to have done so.  Reading this site for many years, it's been such a pleasure never seeing that ever happen ever.  The only site ever to never have a topic move even slightly off rails in any direction whatsoever.  Imagine that John Lennon.    

23 hours ago, PattyD22 said:

So when I hear players say they are worried about this, the answer is they should be.  Aren't we all?  But the reality is players are not at any more risk than any one of us.  As a matter of fact, they are probably SAFER than the general public because they eventually will have protections in place to protect them.  Most of us don't.  

23 hours ago, Fourts said:

I agree with your post.  However, i see people compare athletes to regular people saying that the average joe is working (hospital, target, market, construction, etc.) so why are players saying they don't feel safe and maybe not playing.  The HUGE difference is the average Jo/Jane has to go to work to pay the monthly bills and put food on the table.  These athletes are freaking rich -- they are not like everyone else.  They can afford to sit at home and not work for a year or two. 

23 hours ago, PattyD22 said:

But athletes ARE regular people.  They do the same shit we all do.  They shop at grocery stores like we all do.  They put gas in their cars like we do.  They go to restaurants like we all do.  They have regular lives.  Can they afford to not work?  The answer is most of them can, not all of them.  

So to say a professional athlete can sit at home and not do anything is tad bit of hyperbole.  People have lives, and when people step out of their houses, they are at risk.  Not just on playing fields.  But the reality is if athletes, like all of us "regular Joe's" do what most of us are doing every day, they will have a fairly good chance of not contracting the virus.

22 hours ago, Fourts said:

I'm sorry, but that's just not true.  Super rich athletes are NOT going to target and vons.  They have people to do that.  They have personal chefs, etc.  But regardless, even if they did do that -- it's required to surive (food, etc.).  Working and that paycheck is not required in 2020 for guys like David Price, Felix, Zimmerman, Desmond, Leake, etc.  Plus, that paycheck in 2020 is way smaller so the idea of working (when it's not financially needed) is much less desirable.  For some of these rich guys, it comes down to personal desire to win and compete.   

Dude, I'm sorry but you are just fucking retarded. Patty is clearly talking about every player, and you went and moved the goal posts and told him he is wrong because David Price uses Instacart. That was eye roll inducing enough but then when people point out your misunderstanding you have the balls to call out the entire board for a lack of reading comprehension. It's laughable. 

lol OK, guy.  Obviously you can't read.  You also are not very educated either ("retarded" -- really dude, really?...be better than that). 

I said i agreed with the post.  I then mention that i see people (not Patty).....I even at the end (which you so carefully didn't include) again how i was not talking about Patty's post (quoting myself:   "I'm not saying you specifically are saying this at all -- i just see this comment all over the place by people and it makes me SMH".).  I'm not sure why you care so much.  But i wasn't saying anything about Patty....except for AGREEING with it lol.  Nice fake outrage.  

On July 6, 2020 at 7:35 AM, Torridd said:

I have some questions which I admit I haven't researched if indeed there are MLB rules for it. Can those who opt out return to the team at any time, that is, after the assumed time to make sure they have no Covid symptoms? If so, would that include the postseason? Lastly, in your opinion, would those who opt out, who haven't played, get a championship ring?

Anyone?

2 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

This is a very productive conversation at this point.

Not gonna lie, I'm a little amused -- for personal reasons.   

My Dad was Cuban and very much sounded like Ricky Ricardo when he spoke English.   Anytime someone says "Ok, guy" In my head I hear my father's voice in his accent saying.  "Okay, fucking guy", to me whenever I annoyed him.

14 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

My Dad was Cuban and very much sounded like Ricky Ricardo when he spoke English.   Anytime someone says "Ok, guy" In my head I hear my father's voice in his accent saying.  "Okay, fucking guy", to me whenever I annoyed him.

I'm still deciding if I'm surprised to learn that you are Cuban. It's definitely not TORS is Mexican level but... 

14 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I'm still deciding if I'm surprised to learn that you are Cuban. It's definitely not TORS is Mexican level but... 

Yep...

My parents and grandparents were Cuban, my great grandparents on Father's side were both Spaniards, and both Irish on my Mother's side.

Basically I'm a mutt.

3 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

IP, you got some ‘Splainin to do.