• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Opt out questions

I have some questions which I admit I haven't researched if indeed there are MLB rules for it. Can those who opt out return to the team at any time, that is, after the assumed time to make sure they have no Covid symptoms? If so, would that include the postseason? Lastly, in your opinion, would those who opt out, who haven't played, get a championship ring?

I don’t know about that.  My guess is if the player opts out after starting the season for a reason like the birth of a child or a positive test at home, then they could possibly return at a later date.  My assumption would be as it relates to the ring, everyone who was on the roster in 2020 for spring training and wasn’t traded or released would get a ring.  

3 hours ago, RendZone said:

So he’s saying that some teams are doing it right and other teams don’t have their sh*t together. 

If anything, he is saying it is understandable why some teams don't have their sh*t together. 

14 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

Yeah, I read it as no one really knows the best way to handle this because they never have before. Of course certain teams will be doing better than others but right now

9bf9e364-b592-4ccd-8cc7-3f300ba494a8_tex

Maybe expand your reading list? The information is available,  but not easily accessible. 

1 minute ago, eligrba said:

No. He is saying leadership for public health management is nonexistent. We are all on our own.

Yep and MLB is at the mercy of the health care professionals to get the information back to teams in a timely manner. 

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

Yep and MLB is at the mercy of the health care professionals to get the information back to teams in a timely manner. 

Teams have had 4 months to put a plan in place. Lol I guess they were too busy negotiating. 

7 minutes ago, RendZone said:

I’ve been saying all along that it’s a bad idea. You just can’t accept a season without baseball. A train wreck is coming.

If there is no season - and I am also pessimistic - what will your first emotion be: sadness that there is no baseball or happiness that you were right? 

46 minutes ago, Stradling said:

They are listening to lawyers more than health care professionals. All of the corporations are, In N Out is as well. 

Just now, Blarg said:

They are listening to lawyers more than health care professionals. All of the corporations are, In N Out is as well. 

And yet in this particular case the teams are at the mercy of the medical professionals gathering and testing samples.  

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

I can accept it as soon as baseball and the players union does.  Until then I choose not to be “the dude who hates his favorite sport”. 

I hate what they’re doing with my favorite sport.