• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Opt out questions

1 minute ago, RendZone said:

Then that happens and you move two other people into the rotation. This is going to be the best test of a World Series champion we have ever seen. This isn't going to just be about the stars, it'll be about the depth in the rotation the depth in the farm etc. Can't wait for such an exciting baseball season. 

4 hours ago, Fourts said:

Price, Zimmerman, leave, etc. are not opting out because they are seriously

worried about their life or their families life.  They have the best health care available to them and many things most people don’t.  They are opting out because they don’t need the money and it’s just not worth it them all things being considered.  Mainly it’s money - they don’t need it.  It’s that simple. 

you should have left zimmerman out of your blatantly idiotic comment, he destroys the falsehood you tried to perpetuate.

zimmerman specifically opted out because he has a newborn child and his mother has parkinsons or some such devastating disease.

you and rendzone make the same mistake, you presume to subscribe your own meaning to another's actions. 

also, i love when dudes do the whole, "angelswin is dumb. you all have low reading comprehension because you don't agree with me" schtick.

here, i'll get down on the level that your comment operates at,

PWNED!

16 hours ago, RendZone said:

I just wish people would have an open mind to just shut it down for 2020 and allow the League, owners and players to get together and fix all of the off-field issues. Come back bigger and better than ever next spring. But it looks like they’re going to focus on trying to force a 60 game season with no fans and call it real. 

There is a lot here to unpack, but I'm gonna try.

"Fix all of the off-field issues" - you know in your heart that there is zero chance the owners and players would take six months to carefully fix these issues.  Zero chance.

"no fans" - I don't know why you are fixated on this.  PGA is playing golf tournaments and the golf is real, with real weekly champions crowned.  There is something called The Basketball Tournament going on (its several years old) and I was watching with interest yesterday.  It took me about five minutes to remember that there were no fans in the stands.  And it didn't affect my enjoyment one iota.

8 hours ago, ukyah said:

you should have left zimmerman out of your blatantly idiotic comment, he destroys the falsehood you tried to perpetuate.

zimmerman specifically opted out because he has a newborn child and his mother has parkinsons or some such devastating disease.

you and rendzone make the same mistake, you presume to subscribe your own meaning to another's actions. 

also, i love when dudes do the whole, "angelswin is dumb. you all have low reading comprehension because you don't agree with me" schtick.

here, i'll get down on the level that your comment operates at,

PWNED!

So typical.  "blatantly idiotic" and throw me in that another poster who is not well liked -- nice guy, well done.  I don't think you even know what my comment was.  It's simply that the rich guys can afford to not play...versus those that need the money/job to survive and provide for their families.  There is no denying that....if you do, then you simply want to argue for argue's sake.  Get over yourself.

Oh  by the way, the Zimmerman opt out was not that simple.  Many people have wives, kids family members, etc. that are high risk.  But they HAVE to work.  I do with my wife (among others in my family).  Countless people i know have the same -- yet they have to work and they try to keep distance.  As for Zimmerman, he originally planned to be away from his wife/kids during the season until it was over.  But ultimately he decided to just not play (opt out / retire).  If he was a rookie or young player not making much money, it would be a much different story and i'd suspect (like many other players falling under that financial scenario), he'd be playing and away from his family for the few months during the season. 

“I have a 3-week-old baby,” Zimmerman said. “My mother has multiple sclerosis and is super high-risk; if I end up playing, I can pretty much throw out the idea of seeing her until weeks after the season is over. There’s a lot of factors that I and others have to consider. I don’t think there’s a right or wrong answer; it’s everybody’s individual choice.”

16 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

There is a lot here to unpack, but I'm gonna try.

"Fix all of the off-field issues" - you know in your heart that there is zero chance the owners and players would take six months to carefully fix these issues.  Zero chance.

"no fans" - I don't know why you are fixated on this.  PGA is playing golf tournaments and the golf is real, with real weekly champions crowned.  There is something called The Basketball Tournament going on (its several years old) and I was watching with interest yesterday.  It took me about five minutes to remember that there were no fans in the stands.  And it didn't affect my enjoyment one iota.

The PGA golfers prefer the quiet so it works very well for them. The off the field issues are at the very least workable but full attention needs to happen to get things accomplished. They could’ve started the offseason early and allowed for trades, free agency, rebranding, rule changes and commenced talks for a new CBA to avoid what could be another future work stoppage. Lots of things could’ve been accomplished but fan-less pandemic hodgepodge baseball is what we’ll get, or Not. 

6 minutes ago, RendZone said:

The PGA golfers prefer the quiet so it works very well for them.

You talk a lot out of your ass, I am coming to find out.

Last week's event, Rory McElroy was fixated on some small noise coming from off the tee box.  Then the next hole, he is clearly bothered by a worker standing 200 yards down the fairway.  Commentator Nick Faldo said that players like Rory were developing "rabbit ears", that when there are 30,000 fans in the stands they are fine.  But 3 people on the course, they are thrown off.

So when you mention 'no fans' in the stands for the one hundredth time, are you talking about for your enjoyment, or the players?

2 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

You talk a lot out of your ass, I am coming to find out.

Last week's event, Rory McElroy was fixated on some small noise coming from off the tee box.  Then the next hole, he is clearly bothered by a worker standing 200 yards down the fairway.  Commentator Nick Faldo said that players like Rory were developing "rabbit ears", that when there are 30,000 fans in the stands they are fine.  But 3 people on the course, they are thrown off.

So when you mention 'no fans' in the stands for the one hundredth time, are you talking about for your enjoyment, or the players?

Golfers prefer quiet when they’re teeing off. They do love the ovations when they make a great shot or putt. That’s golf.

Name one MLB player that has ever expressed that they would prefer to play in front of no fans. If it was 2002 and we had won our one and only championship with no fans in the stands it would’ve been sad. No cheering crowd, no thunderstix, no parade. I think the fans and the players would’ve felt cheated. 

And I'd love to bang a different super model every night.  And my wife would love to be married to a guy who closes every cabinet.  So guess what, we all make do with the current situation we have.

And put on your future shades - with the progression we've made with the virus (ie, NONE), chances are there won't be fans next year.

29 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

So guess what, we all make do with the current situation we have.

Like during the baseball strike. It didn’t change my life or what I did then. My favorite team the Expos got F’d but so what. Life has so many other options. 

2 minutes ago, RendZone said:

Like during the baseball strike. It didn’t change my life or what I did then. My favorite team the Expos got F’d but so what. Life has so many other options. 

It does. Like the option to not watch this baseball season or to not talk about it. Life is full of options. The season is scheduled to start in a handful of weeks, either watch or don't. Life gave you lemons it's your turn to make what you want out of it. Hopefully you make lemonade but it sounds like you just want to throw those lemons in the trash, put a blanket over your head and scream. You do you boo boo. 

2 minutes ago, RendZone said:

If your enjoyment of life is completely reliant on baseball you’ve been missing out on quite a few things. 

Oh it isn’t.  But you know what I won’t do?  I won’t waste my time on a hobby I obviously hate.  I then wouldn’t go and rant about that thing I hate on a website hours a day.  I am sure you belong to other websites about the things you enjoy in life and you post positive things there, right?  

10 hours ago, ukyah said:

You are 100% correct with this comment.  I was wrong to say AngelsWin in general.  There are many on here who are smart and good people.  I really meant people in general on the internet itself.  But really, i should have narrowed to a specific person like you.  I didn't have an opinion that I was trying to get anyone to agree with me on.  I'm not that small of a person.  But when someone tries to quote me incorrectly and infer something erroneously, then i'm going to point it out.  Obviously, again, it shows how difficult basic reading and comprehension can be for some people in this world.    

22 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Oh it isn’t.  But you know what I won’t do?  I won’t waste my time on a hobby I obviously hate.  I then wouldn’t go and rant about that thing I hate on a website hours a day.  I am sure you belong to other websites about the things you enjoy in life and you post positive things there, right?  

I don’t hate baseball. I just don’t agree with what they’re doing. There’s too much uncertainty about safety. But everyone is entitled to have an opinion. 

3 minutes ago, RendZone said:

I don’t hate baseball. I just don’t agree with what they’re doing. There’s too much uncertainty about safety. But everyone is entitled to have an opinion. 

I think it's more likely you don't want there to be baseball because it will make a lot of people happy. 

2 minutes ago, SoPas Angel said:

I think it's more likely you don't want there to be baseball because it will make a lot of people happy. 

No that’s not true. I want baseball but I want it done the right way. With fans in the stands, without changing the extra inning rules, 25 or 26 man rosters, opening day, all star weekend, players all in, real divisions with complete 162 game schedule and no quarantines. 

45 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Which one of these cardboard fans are you? 

99E2BCB2-B8DD-43AF-B93C-12922705955B.jpeg

6 minutes ago, RendZone said:

No that’s not true. I want baseball but I want it done the right way. With fans in the stands, without changing the extra inning rules, 25 or 26 man rosters, opening day, all star weekend, players all in, real divisions with complete 162 game schedule and no quarantines. 

I want all those things, too. They're not possible this year. 

If you don't like what we're getting... why not just go away until baseball returns exactly the way you want it? Why not ignore it completely? That's what I've been doing to the WNBA and NHL my entire adult life. Why spend time on a message board during a season you don't want? 

I think it really bothers you that so many of us are going to enjoy whatever version of baseball we get this year and you are unable to. 

3 minutes ago, SoPas Angel said:

If you don't like what we're getting... why not just go away until baseball returns exactly the way you want it? Why not ignore it completely?

Because it's not the way HE thinks it should happen so he can't possibly ignore it...or let it go...or keep posting about it.

Ah, the good ol' days when it was always Pujols' fault and that was posted in every thread instead.