• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Mike Trout

He has the ability to take time off because he's made a lot and saved a lot (I'm assuming), so he can do whatever he wants.  Plus he falls into the high risk category so he'll still get his pay.

Sucks for the everyday Joe who have no choice but to go in and work for their paychecks even if they live with high risk people.

I dont think

3 minutes ago, m0nkey said:

He has the ability to take time off because he's made a lot and saved a lot (I'm assuming), so he can do whatever he wants.  Plus he falls into the high risk category so he'll still get his pay.

Sucks for the everyday Joe who have no choice but to go in and work for their paychecks even if they live with high risk people.

I dont think he will get paid. It's up to the team. They can pay him, but they dont have to.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/mlb-will-not-require-teams-to-pay-players-who-sit-out-due-to-highrisk-family-members-175550632.html

7 minutes ago, m0nkey said:

Yeah, if Mike wants to stay home that's his decision, but if he gets paid, I have a lot more sympathy for expecting parents who have to go out and work right now to get paid. I have a friend who also has a pregnant wife who is due next month, and he is working right now to support his family. He doesn't have the same luxury that Mike does, an option to possibly get paid and stay home.

2 minutes ago, angelinkc said:

Someone said baseball might look for a way out of the season. Covid cancellations allows both sides to save face with fans. 

They should’ve done that 3 months ago and worked on all of the unresolved off the field issues. Baseball sh*t the bed. 

Mr. Trout:

You are the best thing to ever happen to this organization and us fans. If you want to punt on this “season” for the health and safety of your wife and unborn child, after prioritizing the organization for the last 11 years, we are in no position to take exception to that. We look forward to seeing you in 2021. 

3 minutes ago, RendZone said:

They should’ve done that 3 months ago and worked on all of the unresolved off the field issues. Baseball sh*t the bed. 

I don’t think they have hurt themselves. The narrative has been changed from greed to safety. Meanwhile they bought time to avoid the virus and political issues

5 minutes ago, wopphil said:

Mr. Trout:

You are the best thing to ever happen to this organization and us fans. If you want to punt on this “season” for the health and safety of your wife and unborn child, after prioritizing the organization for the last 11 years, we are in no position to take exception to that. We look forward to seeing you in 2021. 

... however, if you accept payment for choosing not to play, I will lose respect for you.

2 hours ago, bloodbrother said:

It was quite clearly him showing his support to his peers during negotiations with MLB. Being the best player in his sport, his voice is one of the loudest.

I totally agree with this, and I would totally support his decision to sit out the season, but if he chooses not to play, what does that say since his voice is one of the loudest?

3 minutes ago, Sully151 said:

I totally agree with this, and I would totally support his decision to sit out the season, but if he chooses not to play, what does that say since his voice is one of the loudest?

That he and his wife are having their first child and he thinks each player should make their own decisions based on their personal situations. 

6 minutes ago, Sully151 said:

It says he has his priorities in the right place.

I can't imagine how many people he would have to interact with on a daily basis if he chooses to play.  I can't imagine he would enjoy the season without interacting with the fans.

47 minutes ago, Lou said:

... however, if you accept payment for choosing not to play, I will lose respect for you.

Is it Ok if he collects the unemployment money that pays more than if he works?

12 hours ago, failos said:

Does mike trout care about winning?

Not as much as his wife and child.   Which is why he's Mike Trout.   

Years back when Tim Salmon's wife battled cancer he openly said that it he had to choose between baseball and being there for her it was an easy choice.

Best players in franchise history both had their priorities in check.