• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Mike Trout

2 minutes ago, Slegnaac said:

How soon we forget Torii Hunter. 

I considered him, but I do not know the names of his parents, his wife, or his siblings. I do for Trout. Partly because he is more famous, but mostly because he has made them a major presence in his life -  both at the ballpark and on social media. 

2 minutes ago, eligrba4ever said:

So I heard on the radio a couple of hours ago or so that Maddon reported that "8 or 9" guys were unable to practice today. He gave  no specific reasons. But I think the announcer said something about medical privacy. 

Are the odds against the 60-game season increasing?

In your opinion.  Do you think those odds are increasing ?

8E31D887-B94E-4F2F-93A1-D831B859F6B3.png

4 minutes ago, eligrba4ever said:

So I heard on the radio a couple of hours ago or so that Maddon reported that "8 or 9" guys were unable to practice today. He gave  no specific reasons. But I think the announcer said something about medical privacy. 

That wouldn’t line up with this....seems to be a pretty low percentage...

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2020/07/mlb-mlbpa-announce-initial-coronavirus-testing-results.html

21 minutes ago, eligrba4ever said:

May just be they can't play until they get their results in.   

27 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Why should anyone have an issue with Mike Trout choosing the health of his loved ones and himself over committing to an abbreviated season that may be cancelled anyway. 

Because it gives them something to complain about. I know we joke that that's an Angels Win hallmark, but really that's America in 2020. A lot of lonely people who feel that complaining is a substitute for actual accomplishment. 

7 minutes ago, Bronson said:

Honestly this is not fun at all so far. We can’t even enjoy the beginning of summer camp without hearing all this negativity. Just cancel the season. This won’t be a fun season. It’s just gonna be filled with constant “how much longer will the season last before they cancel it”. 

That's how I felt from March-May. Do I really want to see a 60-game season? Do I want to see the Dodgers or A's win the "World Series" and have to argue for the next two decades about why it's a fluke title? I preferred to just call it off. 

Then I read a few of Victor Rojas's tweets about how he is a freelancer who gets paid on a per-game basis. And I started thinking about all the other people involved in the game (and at the stadiums) who ONLY get paid if there are games. I realized what a selfish bitch I was being. They should call off the season because *I* don't think it's gonna be a real season? 

They should play as much baseball as they can. it's better than nothing.