• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trumped

20 minutes ago, #CF8 said:

I think Trump is in the most trouble compared to USA's other leaders with regards to Putin because he thinks he knows how to read people. BHO knew he was outmatched so he treaded water. Trump is entering a minefield in almost any direction he walks when dealing with Putin. Putin has decades of experience out-maneuvering others in politics. he boxes you in so no matter what your next move, you lose. Trump has dealt in only business. His success there is his greatest weakness and Putin is already taking advantage. 

I'm sorry. For a minute it almost sounds like you're saying Trump is trying to actually run the country and not just line his and his interests' pockets. He's not interested in playing chess with Putin. He couldn't give two squirts of piss what happens.  That is a game for people beneath him who are suckers for giving a shit about others. The only thing he doesn't want to do is piss off anyone that could have an effect on current or future business interests. So if in a few years he can build 5 more Trump properties in Russia that is a win as far as Trump is concerned in his dealings with Putin. So if that impacts future diplomatic relationships or global superiority, from Trump's perspective, who the fuck cares?  Much like climate change that is a problem for the poor people.

• Replies 49.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Blarg

1 hour ago, #CF8 said:

Fair enough. 

I'm trying to give Trump some credit that he wants to line his pockets, inflate his ego and help the country. However these might be in direct conflict with each other.

Don't most presidents leave office with a lot more money than they came into it with?

According to several sources, Obama made at least $20 million during his time as president, and there are estimates he and Michelle could pull in as much as $242 million after leaving the White House through speeches, book deals, and pensions.

Bill and Hillary Clinton had about $1.2 million to their name in 1993, and Bill has made about $75 million in speeches and book deals since.

It's the same for Republicans. George H.W. Bush, etc. Carter is about the only recent president who hasn't made much since leaving office.

Comey reportedly has a book deal in the works for $10 million. They all line their pockets in office or afterwards, doesn't matter what level in the government.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/danalexander/2017/01/20/how-barack-obama-has-made-20-million-since-arriving-in-washington/#781df1815bf0

https://onlinebusiness.american.edu/blog/presidents-net-worth/

Edited by fan_since79

37 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Don't most presidents leave office with a lot more money than they came into it with?

According to several sources, Obama made at least $20 million during his time as president, and there are estimates he and Michelle could pull in as much as $242 million after leaving the White House through speeches, book deals, and pensions.

Bill and Hillary Clinton had about $1.2 million to their name in 1993, and Bill has made about $75 million in speeches and book deals since.

It's the same for Republicans. George H.W. Bush, etc. Carter is about the only recent president who hasn't made much since leaving office.

Comey reportedly has a book deal in the works for $10 million. They all line their pockets in office or afterwards, doesn't matter what level in the government.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/danalexander/2017/01/20/how-barack-obama-has-made-20-million-since-arriving-in-washington/#781df1815bf0

https://onlinebusiness.american.edu/blog/presidents-net-worth/

Do you really believe that is a smart interjection to make here?

wow.

And now back to Limbaugh radio...

2 minutes ago, Glen said:

Holy fuck, man. I mean, I knew his nutswingers would defend him but I guess part of me hoped that maybe this would be the point when they started to get embarrassed. Nope.

Our POTUS acts like a petulant child, FS79 and MAGA high-five. 

Between the right cheering Trump's trolling and the left rewarding it in spades with their embarrassing reactions to it I'm really not sure who ends up looking worse. Yay life!