• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trumped

• Replies 49.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Blarg

8 hours ago, mtangelsfan said:

I have a huge problem with the Christian/Trump connection.  I find it disgusting.  However, I also find that the word hate has become synonymous with the word disagree these days 

yea, you're probably right.  but also, in plenty of instances its actual hate.  hate directed towards muslims, hate directed towards homosexuals etc.  its not all well informed disagreement.

19 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

the story with the Afghan girls is unfortunate.  It's not a huge thing on it's own obviously, but indicative of the sorry state that we find ourselves.  I guess it's a matter of opinion but to me it's sad that we are making this insular turn.  It's extremely unlikely that those girls represent any kind of threat. 

MT, there are plenty of extremely vocal "Christians" who are very vocal social conservatives.  A lot of their bullshit is tough to connect with the teachings of Christ.   It's hateful.  Obviously "Christians" aren't a monolithic group .  But you should be able to understand how people who are not religious/non Christians see some of those people as absurdly hypocritical.  There's a valid discussion to be had here around this topic. 

Trumps stupid tweet this morning is making all kinds of noise.  It's fucking stupid and childish particularly coming from the POTUS.  I think this is a good example of a spot where people need to not make a big deal of of essentially nothing.  It don't see it as a endorsement of violence like some of these butt hurt nut jobs.  It's just dumb.  What else is new with this guy. 

Christians are hypocritical because people are hypocritical, and Christians happen to be people. I would wager that more often than not, the majority of Christians make an honest effort to try to be better people, since that is a lot of what the religion teaches.

21 hours ago, Geoff said:

Does this bother you?

It's upsetting to see the POTUS posting this. Yeah, I know, just another turd on the mountain of shit that is Donald Trump. But to see our president continually acting so childish is bothersome at the least.

32 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Christians are hypocritical because people are hypocritical, and Christians happen to be people. I would wager that more often than not, the majority of Christians make an honest effort to try to be better people, since that is a lot of what the religion teaches.

Or they use it as blunt instrument to pretend they are morally superior to others.  I say that not to pick on Christians imo this this is a truth with all religions.  Just as it's true that all the major religions hypothetically teach what should result in better human beings.  

Christians are largest, loudest and most influential faith group in the US. That's why we're talking about them. 

9 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Or they use it as blunt instrument to pretend they are morally superior to others.  I say that not to pick on Christians imo this this is a truth with all religions.  Just as it's true that all the major religions hypothetically teach what should result in better human beings.  

Christians are largest, loudest and most influential faith group in the US. That's why we're talking about them. 

Many atheists like to pretend that because they're atheists they are intellectually superior.

I can do this too.

28 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Thank goodness they don't strap up with explosives and go to concerts. 

13 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

yea, you're probably right.  but also, in plenty of instances its actual hate.  hate directed towards muslims, hate directed towards homosexuals etc.  its not all well informed disagreement.

I struggle to see how you ascertain how someone else feels. Unless they say "I hate you".

2 hours ago, mtangelsfan said:

I struggle to see how you ascertain how someone else feels. Unless they say "I hate you".

I think that often enough it's not that hard to connect the dots.  The language and actions are strong enough without needing a specific "I hate such and such". We'll disagree on that point I guess.