Sign in to follow this  
Kevinb

AngelsWin Corona Virus Poll

Corona Virus Poll Time  

111 members have voted

  1. 1. Are people over reacting to this?

  2. 2. Are you personally worried about it?

  3. 3. Are you staying in this weekend?

  4. 4. Are you having to work from home now?

  5. 5. Are any sports going to be played the rest of the year?



Recommended Posts

1.  Yes, people are overreacting to this but that's better than ignoring it.  It's good to be concerned for others who are more susceptible to severe consequences.

2. Not for me, but my wife has diabetus so that puts her in a higher risk group.  And, our Alaska cruise that we'd been planning for a while is now off the books.

3. Sorta, but I was gonna do that anyway.

4. No, I can't work from home (F-22 avionics specialist) and our base is still working.

5.  Yes, of course.  I'm thinking by the end of April.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

1. Yes people are overreacting. Buying all the TP and shit isn't helping anyone. But the overreactions (cancelling fucking EVERYTHING) will ultimately help stop the spread of the virus.

2. Not worried for myself. But if I contracted it and gave it to my dad or my mom, it would be a serious issue. My mom almost died from a heart attack years back, and then she got pneumonia and it was actually worse. Plus her lungs are fucked. If she gets it I don't think she would survive.

3. I'm currently in DC so no lol. Oops.

4. Can't work from home, though if a client got ill it would be interesting to see what would happen. I might get quarantined in a home with them. There are absolutely at risk clients, as well.

5. At all? Yes. It will be delayed but we'll get to see all the major sports finish their seasons.

Edited by tdawg87

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

 

1. Yes people are overreacting. Buying all the TP and shit isn't helping anyone. But the overreactions (cancelling fucking EVERYTHING) will ultimately help stop the spread of the virus.

 

A million times this....

Hopefully a few months from now when hardly anyone has died and the naysayers are like “I told you so,” the rest of us can answer....

”You’re welcome.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

A million times this....

Hopefully a few months from now when hardly anyone has died and the naysayers are like “I told you so,” the rest of us can answer....

”You’re welcome.”

Ha! 

Blarg is gonna get Lou'd by Fletcher.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm playing it safe, but that is easy and low cost for me and my family right now.   I'm retired and a stay at home father.   I kept my youngest out of high school starting yesterday and her district is expected to announce school closings after the board meets this afternoon.   My wife's workplace has gone strictly telecommute.   My son is a college student (not Yale.  🙂 )and they going with online courses so he'll be at home for a while.    So, we all are getting some work done and just hanging out at home this weekend and we'll see how it goes....treating it a bit like a working staycation.     I feel so fortunate that I don't have to make some of the very tough decisions that others are making these days.   

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Rally Gorilla said:

I'm playing it safe, but that is easy and low cost for me and my family right now.   I'm retired and a stay at home father.   I kept my youngest out of high school starting yesterday and her district is expected to announce school closings after they meet this afternoon.   My wife's workplace has gone strictly telecommute.   My son is a college student (not Yale.  🙂 )and they are also going with online courses so he'll be at home for a while.    So, we all are getting some work done and just hanging out at home this weekend and we'll see how it goes....treating it a bit like a staycation.     I feel so fortunate that I don't have to make some of the very tough decisions that others are making these days.   

 

Harvard?

Go Crimson! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

1. Yes people are overreacting. Buying all the TP and shit isn't helping anyone. But the overreactions (cancelling fucking EVERYTHING) will ultimately help stop the spread of the virus.

2. Not worried for myself. But if I contracted it and gave it to my dad or my mom, it would be a serious issue. My mom almost died from a heart attack years back, and then she got pneumonia and it was actually worse. Plus her lungs are fucked. If she gets it I don't think she would survive.

3. I'm currently in DC so no lol. Oops.

4. Can't work from home, though if a client got ill it would be interesting to see what would happen. I might get quarantined in a home with them. There are absolutely at risk clients, as well.

5. At all? Yes. It will be delayed but we'll get to see all the major sports finish their seasons.

But you want people to get AIDS instead. Thank you for concern. 😃

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Glen said:

1.  Yes, people are overreacting to this but that's better than ignoring it.  It's good to be concerned for others who are more susceptible to severe consequences.

2. Not for me, but my wife has diabetus so that puts her in a higher risk group.  And, our Alaska cruise that we'd been planning for a while is now off the books.

3. Sorta, but I was gonna do that anyway.

4. No, I can't work from home (F-22 avionics specialist) and our base is still working.

5.  Yes, of course.  I'm thinking by the end of April.

Oh tell me more please? Can you describe the stealth characteristics in a little more detail? Perhaps some pictures or detailed engineering drawings? I am a Honey Pot willing to satisfy your every need, all that I need in return is detailed schematics delivered when we meet at the hotel every month.... 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

1. Yes people are overreacting. Buying all the TP and shit isn't helping anyone. But the overreactions (cancelling fucking EVERYTHING) will ultimately help stop the spread of the virus.

2. Not worried for myself. But if I contracted it and gave it to my dad or my mom, it would be a serious issue. My mom almost died from a heart attack years back, and then she got pneumonia and it was actually worse. Plus her lungs are fucked. If she gets it I don't think she would survive.

3. I'm currently in DC so no lol. Oops.

4. Can't work from home, though if a client got ill it would be interesting to see what would happen. I might get quarantined in a home with them. There are absolutely at risk clients, as well.

5. At all? Yes. It will be delayed but we'll get to see all the major sports finish their seasons.

Some good points. Lowering the spread is a good thing but the focus needs to be keeping the the right people home. If the old and are going to wal mart or  gatherings it isnt doing us a lot of good cancelling little league. my son's games are cancelled so i am going to sams club  and anywhere else i see fit.  I dont plan on visiting the old man anytime soon. stopping the spread is great but the most important thing is stopping the contact with old people.   i think  this that gets lost as these athletic governing bodies compete public adoration. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, angelinkc said:

Some good points. Lowering the spread is a good thing but the focus needs to be keeping the the right people home. If the old and are going to wal mart or  gatherings it isnt doing us a lot of good cancelling little league. my son's games are cancelled so i am going to sams club  and anywhere else i see fit.  I dont plan on visiting the old man anytime soon. stopping the spread is great but the most important thing is stopping the contact with old people.   i think  this that gets lost as these athletic governing bodies compete public adoration. 

I mean we can't just take all the old people and put them in an empty football stadium with a dome.

 

 

 

 

Wait....can we?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does this look like people are over reacting?  This is the grocery store in our area I work. This used to be full of pasta, tomato sauce and non perishable vegetables. The other side was just as bad.

Hell, it took us 15 minutes just to get a cart, and that was after watching a near fist fight between two dudes over a cart that both were too lazy to walk out and get.

The world is going mad my friends.  
 

The beer section was fully stocked though.  And that is weird considering I work in South El Monte.

721FD6CA-B3B6-4F65-8056-23BFFE62B98D.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, tdawg87 said:

I mean we can't just take all the old people and put them in an empty football stadium with a dome.

 

 

 

honestly quarantining the old is more effective than cancelling sporting events of the young. I am very libertarian and dont support government enforcement of this or setting this precedent. as people we should be able to make our on decisions without giving uncle sam more power. unfortunately the big dick of public relations is out and everyone is lining up to suck it.

Wait....can we?

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PattyD22 said:

Does this look like people are over reacting?  This is the grocery store in our area I work. This used to be full of pasta, tomato sauce and non perishable vegetables. The other side was just as bad.

Hell, it took us 15 minutes just to get a cart, and that was after watching a near fist fight between two dudes over a cart that both were too lazy to walk out and get.

The world is going mad my friends.  
 

The beer section was fully stocked though.  And that is weird considering I work in South El Monte.

721FD6CA-B3B6-4F65-8056-23BFFE62B98D.jpeg

and people get mad when i said we have become a nation of sheep

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, ettin said:

Oh tell me more please? Can you describe the stealth characteristics in a little more detail? Perhaps some pictures or detailed engineering drawings? I am a Honey Pot willing to satisfy your every need, all that I need in return is detailed schematics delivered when we meet at the hotel every month.... 😄

I've been waiting 10 years for this!

Since I'm at work right now, let me clarify that I have not been waiting for this at all and would never compromise security.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rally Gorilla said:

That is extremely impressive.   F-22's look cool and I know avionics are a big part of what makes them badass in the extreme.

Thanks.  It's a fun job.  I will say that F-35s are better.

Since I'm at work right now, let me clarify that F-35s are not better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, PattyD22 said:

Does this look like people are over reacting?  This is the grocery store in our area I work. This used to be full of pasta, tomato sauce and non perishable vegetables. The other side was just as bad.

Hell, it took us 15 minutes just to get a cart, and that was after watching a near fist fight between two dudes over a cart that both were too lazy to walk out and get.

The world is going mad my friends.  
 

The beer section was fully stocked though.  And that is weird considering I work in South El Monte.

721FD6CA-B3B6-4F65-8056-23BFFE62B98D.jpeg

Albertsons in Downey this morning. @Blarg how’s the 99 cent store doing?

 

E8FA46E6-CFF1-4B32-8DE2-03F905777CB5.jpeg

Edited by RendZone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The toilet paper thing is ridiculous. Buy what you need and save stuff for the people that need it. People are stocking like grocery stores are going to be closed for 3 years and it's absurd. People are fucking bozos. I saw a damn bozo with three shopping carts today fighting with a person who wanted one of his. I just went in to buy some damn chips to get some cash back for some devils lettuce and it was a shit storm. People need to calm the fuck down because going insane isn't helping anybody. Grocery stores and water will remain running. Mostly everything else will probably be closed at some point. People are ruining things for others who actually need them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this