• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

AngelsWin Corona Virus Poll

kevinb

Corona Virus Poll Time  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Are people over reacting to this?

2. 2. Are you personally worried about it?

3. 3. Are you staying in this weekend?

4. 4. Are you having to work from home now?

5. 5. Are any sports going to be played the rest of the year?

3 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

Sorry to hear that. I only know about Lupus from House, but I understand it's quite serious. Hope she's feeling well.

With Lupus every day is different. Good days and bad days. It’s unpredictable day to day. Serious Meds involved also. 

6 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

I get that the virus isn’t going to hurt 99 percent of the people it infects, but the more it infects the more of those other 1 percent it will get to. 

This is why shutting down is important, but the US has failed to act quickly. Reactive instead of proactive because Trump is trying to save the stock market.

But yeah, most people will be fine. They'll just help spread it to those who won't be fine. TP and Lysol hysteria is a bit much, for sure.

The economic impact is going to last longer than people think though. Supply and demand shocked at the same time. This summer will be rough for the global economy.

Also, I've been in Italy for the last few weeks, and it's brutal. Apparently the rest of Europe and the US are 1-2 weeks behind Italy, so we'll see. The current US testing numbers are a joke because of the lack of testing, but we'll get a big jump in confirmed cases once testing is implemented.

P.S. I hope the investors on here jumped into put options a few weeks ago..

20 hours ago, Glen said:

Thanks.  It's a fun job.  I will say that F-35s are better.

Since I'm at work right now, let me clarify that F-35s are not better.

Alright..... in the interest of not derailing the thread, please make a new thread where we can bombard you with questions about this.

Didnt know you were an avionics guy. Prepare for the onslaught.

3 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Alright..... in the interest of not derailing the thread, please make a new thread where we can bombard you with questions about this.

Didnt know you were an avionics guy. Prepare for the onslaught.

The Aviation thread is sad. 

Like others have said, i applaud some of whats happening, shake my head at others.

Like @hangin n wangin said, but the TP you need, and save the rest for everyone else. Its ridiculous. 

Cancelling everything? Might be overkill, but I think its definitely better to be safe than sorry. I think its easy to take it nonchalant and say that its just another flu, the death rate is low. But if it continues to spread, and kills 1 percent of the population, thats still horrible. And if the tradeoff is no baseball for a month, so be it.

As someone whos always had an interest in these types of things, my hope is that people at least learn to take this stuff seriously. This virus, in reality, isnt a huge deal (unless it mutates into something worse). Theres plenty of worse ones out there weve so far been lucky enough to avoid. Hopefully this event leads to lifestyle changes that will make it better for everyone down the road. 

The flipside is that if this blows over, the next time it happens people might not take it serious enough.

13 minutes ago, Lou said:

I find it interesting that recon has always been interested in viruses 

In a totally unrelated matter, , how was your date with the asian chick? 

He wore a condom this time.

That's how seriously he's taking it.

Just now, Lou said:

You should have used coffee filters

I cant risk running out of those. Once theyre gone, ill be down to my phone book, and that box of sees candies i got and never opened because i planned to regift it next christmas. That should buy me a day or so. More if i can figure a way to use the little individual chocolate wrappers.

1. Yes, but it is good to be cautious. It is better than doing nothing.

2. I am not personally worried. Chances are slim that I will contract it. I do have some concern for my parents.

3. I am still trying to do things to try to have a "normal| live, especially since sports are not currently a part of it.

4. Not yet, but I believe that will be happening soon. My wife is working from home the next two weeks, at least.

5. I have to hope that sports will resume at some point.

13 hours ago, Cosmo_Kramer said:

Also, I've been in Italy for the last few weeks, and it's brutal. Apparently the rest of Europe and the US are 1-2 weeks behind Italy, so we'll see. The current US testing numbers are a joke because of the lack of testing, but we'll get a big jump in confirmed cases once testing is implemented.

P.S. I hope the investors on here jumped into put options a few weeks ago..

Can you explain the Italy part more? What do you mean about 2 weeks behind? You mean in how the government reacted?

4 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

I cant risk running out of those. Once theyre gone, ill be down to my phone book, and that box of sees candies i got and never opened because i planned to regift it next christmas. That should buy me a day or so. More if i can figure a way to use the little individual chocolate wrappers.

reminds me of a few times i had to cut some of my skivvy shirt off in the field