• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Biological injections and Griffin Cannings elbow

5 hours ago, RendZone said:

What’s more interesting is that surgery was never presented as an option by any of the doctors. Are we to interpret that as there is no corrective surgery available that will allow him to continue his pitching career? 

Surgery is a last resort option

11 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

FWIW, in the initial story I wrote on Friday, I said that PRP and stem-cell are both “biological” injections. I don’t know why the Angels phrased it that way. Today Canning said it was PRP.

Thank you for clearing that up.

On 3/7/2020 at 6:29 PM, Jeff Fletcher said:

FWIW, in the initial story I wrote on Friday, I said that PRP and stem-cell are both “biological” injections. I don’t know why the Angels phrased it that way. Today Canning said it was PRP.

I noticed that. Your article did try to clarify it for them. It’s probably nothing but it is strange to me that they were intentionally vague in their presentation. “We will use a non-specific term that includes multiple possibilities instead of a more specific term that has been talked about a lot in recent years.” Why be vague? Again, probably nothing but just something I wonder about. 

11 hours ago, GregAlso said:

I noticed that. Your article did try to clarify it for them. It’s probably nothing but it is strange to me that they were intentionally vague in their presentation. “We will use a non-specific term that includes multiple possibilities instead of a more specific term that has been talked about a lot in recent years.” Why be vague? Again, probably nothing but just something I wonder about. 

Probably they were trying to avoid the hot-button term “platelet rich plasma.” They also see how fans react. It was probably a miscalculation, though, because fans are going to freak out no matter what. 

2 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Probably they were trying to avoid the hot-button term “platelet rich plasma.” They also see how fans react. It was probably a miscalculation, though, because fans are going to freak out no matter what. 

@Jeff Fletcher was there an actual diagnosed medical term for his condition besides elbow joint soreness caused by tissues rubbing against each other. 

Edited by RendZone