• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Biological injections and Griffin Cannings elbow

21 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

Where were you for Richards, Heaney, and Ohtani?

Here. Just because something happens to another pitcher or player doesn’t mean it’ll happen to the next. Each players injury is unique. If this helps Canning and it doesn’t send him to the chopping block what’s it hurt? And if he eventually has to get the TJ surgery well then that stinks. But if I was Canning I’d want to do everything in my power and then some before going under the knife. These are still human beings and he’s still young. Never know what can happen. 

2 hours ago, Taylor said:

Just schedule the TJ ad be done with it.

I’m not sure that a Tommy John procedure is the appropriate surgery for what he has.

@Dochalo? Is TJ surgery used to fix elbow joint pain or is there some other type of surgery that will allow him to pitch in the future?

5 hours ago, Kevinb said:

I like many of you haven't heard of this stuff before. But hopefully this stuff works, and Canning can have a bright season ahead of him. Looking to hear how he is feeling a couple weeks from now. Luckily the seasons still a little bit away, so they have time to figure this stuff out. 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27552453

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2012-02-prp-treatment-aids-elbow-injuries.html

So 10-12 weeks to return to play, maybe.

The bothersome thing here is it's not like he's worn-out from throwing 200 innings - he threw "2".  

I don't know what the issue is - but honestly, it sound like the docs don't know either - "I dunno what it is - let's try PRP - can't hurt!"

Afaid this sounds like future bar talk fodder "Hey, remember that pitcher the Angels had, looked like he was gonna be really good, but his elbow spontaneously combusted  - remember him?  What was his name again?"

1 hour ago, tdawg87 said:

Why does this situation feel somehow worse than knowing he's getting TJ surgery? 

because they're going to dick around with this timeline, then he'll try to pitch, fail, then have TJS, then be out for another two years basically.

i'm only speaking for myself, but i've written off canning, which only means i have zero expectations of him having any positive impact on the angels rotation for the next three years, possibly four. if i'm wrong, then i'll happily admit to it. i just think i've seen this path before.

7 hours ago, Stradling said:

Pretty sure it wasn’t called Biological Injections with any of them.  

What’s funny is I expected a post in return from you. Dude.. angels are idiots sometimes man..it’s ok, really.. but yea... anyway, his arm will fall off. Biological or not. I think we all know it. Stop acting like you don’t.

8 hours ago, Kevinb said:

Here. Just because something happens to another pitcher or player doesn’t mean it’ll happen to the next. Each players injury is unique. If this helps Canning and it doesn’t send him to the chopping block what’s it hurt? And if he eventually has to get the TJ surgery well then that stinks. But if I was Canning I’d want to do everything in my power and then some before going under the knife. These are still human beings and he’s still young. Never know what can happen. 

I like you better when you act naturally and piss off people.