• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Biological injections and Griffin Cannings elbow

53 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

What’s funny is I expected a post in return from you. Dude.. angels are idiots sometimes man..it’s ok, really.. but yea... anyway, his arm will fall off. Biological or not. I think we all know it. Stop acting like you don’t.

What the fuck are you talking about?   My only point is I’ve never heard of stem cell, I’ve heard of the platelet rich injections, most of us have never heard of biological injections.  As far as the Angels being idiots, he doesn’t have a tear.  I’m unaware of any pitcher ever having TJ surgery without a tear.  If it’s happened, you’d assume it would be an Angel due to our frequency of pitchers having it.  If you’ve seen a case of a pitcher having TJ without it share and educate me.  Thanks. 

26 minutes ago, Stradling said:

What the fuck are you talking about?   My only point is I’ve never heard of stem cell, I’ve heard of the platelet rich injections, most of us have never heard of biological injections.  As far as the Angels being idiots, he doesn’t have a tear.  I’m unaware of any pitcher ever having TJ surgery without a tear.  If it’s happened, you’d assume it would be an Angel due to our frequency of pitchers having it.  If you’ve seen a case of a pitcher having TJ without it share and educate me.  Thanks. 

I don’t know. I just say things. He doesn’t have a tear. He will soon... I think we both know it. Maybe not.

oh, and the angels being idiots comment has nothing to do with this. I don’t care if he has normal wear and tear right now. The point is it’s going to tear. The angels are idiots for other reasons and sadly, it’s pretty self explanatory.

they cheated against themselves. That’s one reason of many. But hey, we’re all still here ... just like you.

13 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

I don’t know. I just say things. He doesn’t have a tear. He will soon... I think we both know it. Maybe not.

Yes he very well could soon.  I’m not sure how the Angels can help facilitate the tear while being true to the players well being at the same time.  

9 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Yes he very well could soon.  I’m not sure how the Angels can help facilitate the tear while being true to the players well being at the same time.  

They can’t do shit. But we will all watch another pitcher go through tommy john while the angels do other dumb shit on the side.

7 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

They can’t do shit. But we will all watch another pitcher go through tommy john while the angels do other dumb shit on the side.

I’m assuming by dumb shit on the side you’re referring to the biological injections?  

5 hours ago, hangin n wangin said:

No one said he did. But the reality is, he will be most likely be worthless for a year and a half. So tear or not... yea, worthless.... and that’s really all that matters to me.

It may be worse than that. He might have a condition that can’t be fixed enough to allow him to continue his occupation. I’m sure that they could perform some type of surgery to get rid of his pain permanently but it may also require him to retire from pitching. 

I think people are getting caught up on the term biological. I don't think it's anything special or different than usual. Probably reevaluate in 6 weeks.

Also, plenty of pitchers have injections without needing TJ. And all pitchers will have chronic wear and tear on elbow when you look at scans.

We'll see.

It’s just another weird Angels misadventure.  I’ve honestly never heard of biological injections. I have no idea what it means.  I see that you guys are speculating that it’s similar to the plasma injections or whatever.  Hopefully it works out.  My expectation is that it won’t and we’ll probably have to forget about Canning for a while.  Who knows.  Anyway, I guess it’s good news there’s no tear, but it sure does feel like we’ve been down this road.  Shitty. 

14 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

It’s just another weird Angels misadventure.  I’ve honestly never heard of biological injections. I have no idea what it means.  I see that you guys are speculating that it’s similar to the plasma injections or whatever.  Hopefully it works out.  My expectation is that it won’t and we’ll probably have to forget about Canning for a while.  Who knows.  Anyway, I guess it’s good news there’s no tear, but it sure does feel like we’ve been down this road.  Shitty. 

Generally, I'd think it's PRP (platelet rich plasma) and/or BMA (bone marrow aspirate) - both are "biological", are drawn from the patient's own body, and can reduce inflammation and initiate healing.  (I think PRP has shown better results than BMA.)  

There's also Stem Cell therapy, like GRich tried - which failed - also a biologic, drawn from the patient's body, but different from PRP and BMA - it's still pretty much in the early stages and not clear if there's much of a track record treating pitchers this way. 

But the fact they use "biologic" instead of the commonly-recognized PRP tells me it's a little different - perhaps PRP + stem cells?  

Like someone said, this kinda feels worse than if he'd torn the ligament and needed a TJ - that has a lot of data and a known trajectory.  This could be an owie or a career-ender - and we can't tell the difference from here.

12 hours ago, hangin n wangin said:

I like you better when you act naturally and piss off people.

It comes and goes. Season hasn't started yet so I am less emotionally invested. Once the season starts it'll be back to doom and gloom more than likely. Hopefully not. Bummed this happened to Canning and hoping for the best. The Angels definitely need him to have a good season. 

8 hours ago, Kevinb said:

It comes and goes. Season hasn't started yet so I am less emotionally invested. Once the season starts it'll be back to doom and gloom more than likely. Hopefully not. Bummed this happened to Canning and hoping for the best. The Angels definitely need him to have a good season. 

Haha yea I feel yea. It’s just hard to be positive already. We all wanted Canning to do well. I’m thinking this is going to lead to TJ and at this point his career is a huge concern for me.

7 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

that's what PRP is.  Do you think they're trying to confuse people on purpose?

You’re telling me you were like “biological injections... hmmm, oh right, PRP.”?  I don’t know what they were trying to do. Pretty much anyone around baseball is familiar with a PRP injection. Most professional sports fans would’ve at least heard of them in passing. But instead they called it a biological injection. While the term may be strictly correct it is obtuse. Why do that? Something just doesn’t smell right about it all. I can’t really put my finger on it exactly. It just seems suspicious. 

30 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

that's what PRP is.  Do you think they're trying to confuse people on purpose?

What’s more interesting is that surgery was never presented as an option by any of the doctors. Are we to interpret that as there is no corrective surgery available that will allow him to continue his pitching career? 

17 minutes ago, GregAlso said:

You’re telling me you were like “biological injections... hmmm, oh right, PRP.”?  I don’t know what they were trying to do. Pretty much anyone around baseball is familiar with a PRP injection. Most professional sports fans would’ve at least heard of them in passing. But instead they called it a biological injection. While the term may be strictly correct it is obtuse. Why do that? Something just doesn’t smell right about it all. I can’t really put my finger on it exactly. It just seems suspicious. 

I mean yeah but I might sorta have a leg up on most in that regard.  

doesn't it take all of about 10 seconds by google to know that prp is one of types of biological injections?  

I'm not sure how using a less familiar term makes it suspicious unless you are looking for reasons for it to be.  If they had come out and said he was having a 'procedure on his elbow' and didn't really tell us what it was then that would raise some flags.  

I'm still concerned that we might not get the result of it we are hoping but suspicious?  meh.  It's not a conspiracy.