• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Kobe Bryant killed in helicopter crash

Claude

30 minutes ago, failos said:

Anyone else just balling? I can’t stop crying and I never cry over people I don’t personally know

I won't lie I've shed some tears a few times because of this.

Kobe is my all time favorite athlete. His contributions transcend just the game of basketball. I feel like I grew up watching him play, while we all watched him grow up. He was thrust into the spotlight as a teenager and we saw him grow and mature into a star, a father, a mentor, a legend... I guess Im at that stage of grief where I can't help thinking Kobe can't be dead... he's Kobe fucking Bryant... how can he be dead? But no one is invincible, and this is as strong a reminder of that as we'll ever get. Now I can't help but let my mind wander and think, if he was already a legend in life, what will he become in death? 

2 minutes ago, failos said:

The more I think about it....

how many superstars have died this tragically?

I would imagine that that this is definitely worse that Lou Gehrig.

i can’t think of any other superstar athlete with a tragic demise like this.

Well Clemente and Thurmon Munson both died in the middle of their careers.  Well Clemente died towards the end of his career.  

6 minutes ago, failos said:

The more I think about it....

how many superstars have died this tragically?

I would imagine that that this is definitely worse that Lou Gehrig.

i can’t think of any other superstar athlete with a tragic demise like this.

Roberto Clemente Roy Halladay 

Edited by RendZone

33 minutes ago, failos said:

No disrespect to both, but Kobe is on another level. He’s like Gretzky, Montana, Trout

This is long before the lifetimes of everyone now, but a huge icon of the hockey world in it's early days also died tragically. Injured during a game Morenz died from complications a few weeks later. His funeral was held in the Montreal Forum, his home arena. Still an active player, the legends grew around him that he lost the will to live, realizing he would never play again.

https://www.cbc.ca/archives/entry/death-of-howie-morenz

40 minutes ago, failos said:

No disrespect to both, but Kobe is on another level. He’s like Gretzky, Montana, Trout

Clemente was pretty up there.... @AngelsLakersFan makes a good point that kobe was global. Clemente was god in Latin America.

If sports had the same coverage back then as now...