• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Kobe Bryant killed in helicopter crash

Claude

21 minutes ago, Duren, Duren said:

This is long before the lifetimes of everyone now, but a huge icon of the hockey world in it's early days also died tragically. Injured during a game Morenz died from complications a few weeks later. His funeral was held in the Montreal Forum, his home arena. Still an active player, the legends grew around him that he lost the will to live, realizing he would never play again.

https://www.cbc.ca/archives/entry/death-of-howie-morenz

Look I’m talking about a GOAT. Let’s be real, that guy was no GOAT

Edit: okay maybe that guy was close 

Edited by failos

Las Vegas postpones launch of new campaign in wake of Kobe Bryant's death

Steve Hill, CEO and President of the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority said:

“As many are aware, we were prepared to launch the newest advertising campaign for Las Vegas during the GRAMMYs telecast on Sunday, January 26. In light of today’s tragic accident that claimed the lives of Kobe Bryant, his daughter Gianna, and others on board, we are postponing any activity planned on the Las Vegas Strip until a future date. The hearts of everyone in Las Vegas are with the families and friends of those lost, with all of Los Angeles and with his fans around the world.

1 minute ago, RBM said:

Not if you actually paid attention to his individual stats.

He was great but not even close to being the Goat for QB's.

And he's not even close to the same level of Gretzky and Trout.

Well he belongs to be up there with Trout.  And as of yet Trout doesn’t belong to be up there with Gretzky.  Hell the only one that deserves to be up there with Gretzky is Jordan.  Gretzky is the most dominant athlete compared to his peers that has ever lived.

this tragic story only grows worse as the day wears on -- now the announcement that the long time coach from Orange Coast College baseball team, Johnny Altobelli and his wife and daughter all were on the helicopter and perished with the others -- just terrible news all day,

does anyone know, is /was Johnny Altobelli, the OCC coach for 24 years -- was he any relation to Joe Altobelli the SF Giants manager back in the 80's or so and former MLB player?

KCAL - 9 has been wall to wall coverage on this all day,  What a terrible day, Awful news all around,

4 minutes ago, disarcina said:

this tragic story only grows worse as the day wears on -- now the announcement that the long time coach from Orange Coast College baseball team, Johnny Altobelli and his wife and daughter all were on the helicopter and perished with the others -- just terrible news all day,

does anyone know, is /was Johnny Altobelli, the OCC coach for 24 years -- was he any relation to Joe Altobelli the SF Giants manager back in the 80's or so and former MLB player?

KCAL - 9 has been wall to wall coverage on this all day,  What a terrible day, Awful news all around,

Yeah, just heard his wife was on board... sad as hell. 

2 more kids lost both parents, and a sister.

I know everyone will mourn Kobe (as they should) but just found out that one of my wife’s students happened to be aboard the helicopter too. She was only 13. My wife is obviously devastated.  I know we argue and bicker here but also stuff like this is a reminder that life is far too short.  Tragic. 

3 minutes ago, southpaw said:

I know everyone will mourn Kobe (as they should) but just found out that one of my wife’s students happened to be aboard the helicopter too. She was only 13. My wife is obviously devastated.  I know we argue and bicker here but also stuff like this is a reminder that life is far too short.  Tragic. 

I'm sorry to hear that, sending thoughts to your family and the family of the student she lost.

this has been a difficult day emotionally, and somewhat conflicting. I wasn't much of a Kobe fan because I didn't like his selfish play early on. but I also grew to appreciate his talent and his ability to put the team on his back and do whatever was needed to win. his drive and his work ethic were unparalleled, and something to be emulated.

to see that his daughter and other kids were on board just made this tragedy an absolute gut punch.