• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Kobe Bryant killed in helicopter crash

Claude

35 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I wonder why... it will have been more than 2 days and they are gona have to play at some point.

That's what I say! bummed. My boss bought us tickets for this game in November. reserved us a limo, had a reservation for dinner inside staples at there restaurant. UGH!

3 hours ago, failos said:

Yeah my dad and Uncles are the same way. I think it's a generational thing, but Kobe was my generation's Magic--but I think Kobe was better.

Johnson could have been a prolific scorer. Early in his career he began to understand that five guys scoring is more important than one guy scoring a lot. He could hit from anywhere, post up, shoot from the three point range and some games he did just that, took over and forced the game to defend him alone.

But for the most part Johnson made the other four players better, more dangerous because they got most of the scoring opportunities. On a fast break Johnson rarely went coast to coast, dishing it off to whomever on the wing was open. He sacrificed his own personal stats (outside of assists) to secure a win.

My impressions of Kobe was he was a prolific scorer but did nothing to elevate the games of the other four players. If I had my choice of the two to build a franchise around it would have to be Johnson.

That said, I can respect Kobe's talent and intensity, what he did during his time on the Lakers and I am sorry his passing was so soon and in such a tragic way. 

38 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Johnson could have been a prolific scorer. Early in his career he began to understand that five guys scoring is more important than one guy scoring a lot. He could hit from anywhere, post up, shoot from the three point range and some games he did just that, took over and forced the game to defend him alone.

But for the most part Johnson made the other four players better, more dangerous because they got most of the scoring opportunities. On a fast break Johnson rarely went coast to coast, dishing it off to whomever on the wing was open. He sacrificed his own personal stats (outside of assists) to secure a win.

My impressions of Kobe was he was a prolific scorer but did nothing to elevate the games of the other four players. If I had my choice of the two to build a franchise around it would have to be Johnson.

That said, I can respect Kobe's talent and intensity, what he did during his time on the Lakers and I am sorry his passing was so soon and in such a tragic way. 

Agree

I think one of the things missed by young fans is the lack of 24/7 sports, and social media back then. Not to mention, poor video quality.

The guys the last 20 years, maybe more, have had far more exposure. But if you look up the old legends on youtube, you only have so much to see, simply because so much wasnt filmed and uploaded.

I feel like with Magic, especially, most young fans only know of the older version. The heavier, savvier but not as quick version.

Skinny, goatee with puffy knee pads Magic was insane. Fast as hell, unbelievable playmaker, and when called to do so, could score as well as anyone. 

44 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Yes yet before him no one 6’9” was able to play PG. 

Which made it easier for him to dominate much smaller players. It seems as if you guys are thinking that I'm saying Magic wasn't a much better player than his opposing point guards. Nothing could be further from the truth. However, if you're trying to say that being 6-8 inches taller than opposing PGs wasn't a huge advantage, you've probably never played basketball and/or you're just not being honest with yourself.

Imagine Shaq playing against 6'6" centers every night. 

37 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Yes yet before him no one 6’9” was able to play PG. 

I think Lou is saying that the game has changed. It feels like everyone is expected to be able to play every position in some capacity at some point these days. You are expected to be big, tall, athletic and have the ability to handle and shoot the ball. For example LeBron is quite often playing PG on offense and center on defense. 

The NTSB lady at today's press conference said the impact site was 1,085 feet above sea level. Pilot made a climb to 2,000 feet to avoid a cloud, then made a left turn and that's when the craft went into a descent.

NTSB is asking for anyone who was in the area and happened to take photos to send them in. They want pictures or film "of the weather" at that time. 

3 hours ago, Lou said:

Also, Magic had the benefit of being 1/2 a foot taller (and much bigger) than other point guards. 

FWIW, Magic also got guarded by the other teams "cooper" a good amount of time. He held his own well against pippen in 91.

Im not disagreeing with what youre saying, but I think magic would have been fine playing point forward, like lebron.

Also, Magic had to play when the soviets were still around. Think about how much time guys like him missed in practice when theyd have to do duck and cover drills.

27 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

FWIW, Magic also got guarded by the other teams "cooper" a good amount of time. He held his own well against pippen in 91.

Im not disagreeing with what youre saying, but I think magic would have been fine playing point forward, like lebron.

Also, Magic had to play when the soviets were still around. Think about how much time guys like him missed in practice when theyd have to do duck and cover drills.

Duck and cover drills . . . awesome.

Being 23, I spent my entire childhood watching, studying and idolizing Kobe. To my friends, family and myself he was more than just a basketball player... The last 24 hours have been fucking brutal for everyone I know. I’ve been in tears what feels like since the moment i saw the Tmz report... I don’t really know why i’m writing this or that anyone cares. I just hate how cruel life is sometimes. 9 people lost their lives for no good reason. This life truly sucks sometimes 

4 hours ago, Ochocinco! said:

Being 23, I spent my entire childhood watching, studying and idolizing Kobe. To my friends, family and myself he was more than just a basketball player... The last 24 hours have been fucking brutal for everyone I know. I’ve been in tears what feels like since the moment i saw the Tmz report... I don’t really know why i’m writing this or that anyone cares. I just hate how cruel life is sometimes. 9 people lost their lives for no good reason. This life truly sucks sometimes 

I totally get you. This has actually hit me much harder than I thought it would. All day yesterday I would see moments on TV showing either Kobe, Gianna, or talking about the other lives who were lost in the crash, and it would hit me all over again. This one hit really hard.

44 minutes ago, John Taylor said:

I totally get you. This has actually hit me much harder than I thought it would. All day yesterday I would see moments on TV showing either Kobe, Gianna, or talking about the other lives who were lost in the crash, and it would hit me all over again. This one hit really hard.

710 radio spent the whole day yesterday on it. Was heartbreaking, but kind of cool to hear old stories.

They replayed his last game last night. Listened to it at the gym. What an iconic moment in sports history.

If theres a silver lining at all, its that the man lived more in his short time than most of us ever will. Obviously gone too soon, and heart wrenching about the other passengers, especially the kids. But at least in regards to Kobe, he left his mark on the world for sure.