• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

Dr. Peter Hotez, the most recent video I posted up and one of the curators of the SARS/MERS vaccination in 2012, mentioned there was kind of a four pronged approach to a vaccination and one of the possible elements was hydroxychloroquine. I don't know why people want to talk about Trump or blame/give him credit. Scientists are openly saying there needs to be more clinical trials, but at the rate it's spreading they are kind of taking a shot and using those candidates as quasi test subjects. Hell, a lot of these scientists and doctors have been treating with this because of the respiratory curing component.

I tend to believe Dr. Hotez as he's kind of on the front lines with creating a vaccination/ cure and is believed to have one, but wants more clinical trials before launching.

I'm a bit gun shy when it comes to media and sharing stories...I'd rather post a video clip where the subject/person says things directly than be misquoted or written with whatever bias the author wants to take, but if you Google Dr. Hotez, this is the first link and states he almost had a cure for this corona virus two years ago, but the funding dried up.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-care/scientists-were-close-coronavirus-vaccine-years-ago-then-money-dried-n1150091 

• Replies 30.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lhalo

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

3 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Mayor Garcetti keeps ratcheting up the restrictions in L.A. He issued a new order that says any "essential business" can deny service to anyone not wearing a mask and demand that person leaves.

Every day it's something new. 

This has been somewhat common at places like pharmacies and vets. I helped my friend get her dog last week and they wouldn't let anyone in and would bring the animals out to the car.

There is more and more of this curbside service type of stuff going on. We just have to hunker down for a bit before shit goes back to normal.

I hope the hunkering down will be only "for a bit" and not another 4-6 months because that will absolutely kill this country.

There will always be at least a small number of cases in a country this size. Who knows, we may go through this again next Fall if they don't get a safe and effective virus available by then.

How about a permanent shutdown, 60-100 million unemployed, Dow Jones at 1,000 and lining up in our masks and gloves in government food lines staffed by the army, because that's coming if this goes on indefinitely. Not to mention millions of suicides and general chaos.

We'd better think about how far we want to take this. 

2 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

I hope the hunkering down will be only "for a bit" and not another 4-6 months because that will absolutely kill this country.

There will always be at least a small number of cases in a country this size. Who knows, we may go through this again next Fall if they don't get a safe and effective virus available by then.

How about a permanent shutdown, 60-100 million unemployed, Dow Jones at 1,000 and lining up in our masks and gloves in government food lines staffed by the army, because that's coming if this goes on indefinitely. Not to mention millions of suicides and general chaos.

Damn dude.  Have some hope, shit. You usually are the chicken little of AW but shit you just went full napalm your ass.

And what does "We'd better think about how far we want to take this" mean?  You know something we don't know, please share. 

8 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Whereas I agree with this, the flip side of the coin, if we allow this thing to simply run its course, what will that do the economy?

This thing is highly contagious, and deadly. Yes, people need to work. But at the same time, people dying will also crush the economy. People in critical infrastructure (ie, the medical field) are already slammed with it.... once they start dying...

.... now factor in first responders. We start dropping... so fewer doctors, fewer cops and fire, the wrong people figuring that out and taking advantage. Now say truckers refuse to work without "fill in the blank" first, and the supply chain stops....

Again, yes, we need to get people back to work. Thr economy NEEDS it. But until we have some type of mass treatment available, simply going back to normal could bite us in the ass just as hard.

IMO, we have to view the current as akin to war, on our own soil. And it has to be fought as total war. In such a scenario, the economy will be stretched to its limit, and people will die. But you have to do everything you can to limit it.

I’m getting tired of Fauci and his doomsday predictions. He talking about silent carriers. Silent carriers is a good thing for overall lethality. Elderly still need to be cautious but a large number of carriers means it ain’t as lethal as projected. I bet he struggled getting laid with that cautious approach. If the parts are there and clean I generally hit it.