• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

• Replies 30.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lhalo

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

2 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

Got a nice little 15% rebate from Allstate. I guess their claims are way down so they’re giving everyone money back. 

Hmm, interesting.  All my premiums were auto withdraw first of the month.  Nobody on the road wrecking and the majority of people paying their premiums it is a bump for them.  Also worst thing for our premiums is the people who commit fraud and that is way down now. 

Would you guys (hypothetically) buy hand sanitizer from some store for 2oz/$3  |  8oz/$4.50  | 16oz/$6?

My costs are $2.51/$3.50/$5 and this is before shipping to me and shipping back to the customer, so its basically break even or a loss

Cant decide whether to get this stuff out to my customers at break-even or if the price is too high.  We are in a tough position where mistakes like this could cause an earlier layoff or furlough than we wanted to do.

1 hour ago, Fireball said:

Damn dude.  Have some hope, shit. You usually are the chicken little of AW but shit you just went full napalm your ass.

And what does "We'd better think about how far we want to take this" mean?  You know something we don't know, please share. 

I think his point is just that we have to use caution in how restrictive we go with this. We can’t be locked down for 6 months. The pain we inflict on ourselves will be worse than the virus. 

1 hour ago, Jason said:

When this is all over.  It will be interesting to see who went to the hospital with some condition like a stroke or kidney dialysis, and dies of the Rona.  

This is one of many issues I have with this countries response.  We are putting a virus who targets the very sick and old, in a place where people who are very sick go.  China is bad.  But at lest they treated Rona patients in their own seperate hospitals.  Who knows, maybe their rates are legitimately going down and this is one of the reasons.

55 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

Got a nice little 15% rebate from Allstate. I guess their claims are way down so they’re giving everyone money back. 

You should see the mountains.  It's a shit show up there.  The race clubs have nothing else to do so they are tearing it up up there.  The big problem is they are taking out a bunch of bystanders by racing on two lane windy roads.  CHP, Sherrifs, and Forestry are patrolling that area hard.  Pulling anyone over for tags, lights, anything.  And if they are racing or doing donuts in the pullouts, I think they are confiscating the cars.

31 minutes ago, notherhalo said:

Would you guys (hypothetically) buy hand sanitizer from some store for 2oz/$3  |  8oz/$4.50  | 16oz/$6?

My costs are $2.51/$3.50/$5 and this is before shipping to me and shipping back to the customer, so its basically break even or a loss

Cant decide whether to get this stuff out to my customers at break-even or if the price is too high.  We are in a tough position where mistakes like this could cause an earlier layoff or furlough than we wanted to do.

Before the shitshow started, I was buying hand sanitizer from the 99 cent store.  Purrell 4 oz for 99 cents, and their generic hand sanitizer 8 oz for 99 cents.  

But we aren't in that time anymore.  So $1 over cost isn't bad.  Just watch out for the dipshit city and state attorney generals that are out for blood over gouging.  And considering places like Amazon and many stores aren't even selling it to the public anymore.  I'd buy it at that price.

2 minutes ago, calscuf said:

The disease puts incredible stress on the body.  It attacks the heart and not just to he lungs.  I doubt they’re counting people who OD’d on heroin that tested positive for Covid.

You didn't read what Jason posted did you?

30 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Before the shitshow started, I was buying hand sanitizer from the 99 cent store.  Purrell 4 oz for 99 cents, and their generic hand sanitizer 8 oz for 99 cents.  

But we aren't in that time anymore.  So $1 over cost isn't bad.  Just watch out for the dipshit city and state attorney generals that are out for blood over gouging.  And considering places like Amazon and many stores aren't even selling it to the public anymore.  I'd buy it at that price.

Seems amazon is either completely out, or double those prices at least.  Its sold out in all stores.  Its going to be hard to get me for gouging when Im basically losing money or breaking even on the deal.   Just not sure if its a "no good deed goes unpunished" thing.

9 minutes ago, notherhalo said:

Seems amazon is either completely out, or double those prices at least.  Its sold out in all stores.  Its going to be hard to get me for gouging when Im basically losing money or breaking even on the deal.   Just not sure if its a "no good deed goes unpunished" thing.

It's not Amazon that is doubling the prices, it's the third party retailers that are.

Test, test, test, test, test.

The most informative thing we can do is test the hell out of people for antibodies. The government should pay for it and test as many asymptomatic people as is possible. It has the potential to help us get people back out there. If it turns out that a metric crap ton of people have had it, it can inform our decisions, and in short order. If it turns out that not as many have had it as we suspect... well, fudge.

We also need to know about reinfection rates.

There's so much that we don't know and a lot that we do.

14 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

Did you get the caps you were looking for @notherhalo?

Nope, the bottler went for another top that doesnt fit too well, and than some massive healthcare company paid about $5 a bottle.  While that price might be highway robbery 4 months ago, in this case it was also hardly any profit for anyone.  The micro brewer had to retool like crazy to get it made and the bottler burned all sorts of time and energy with his plant being otherwise shut down.  However, people who were employed continued to get paid, which is what we are after at this moment.

22 minutes ago, Vladdylonglegs said:

An interesting note about Tamiflu is that all the trials were carried out by the manufacturer which were pretty much fraudulent. Tamiflu is now shown to be pretty worthless in real studies (doesn’t reduce hospitalizations or death). The WHO downgraded it in 2015 and more and more doctors are choosing not to prescribe it. 

It’s funny how Obama peddled Tamiflu for H1N1 and there wasn’t a huge campaign by the MSM to discredit it. All of the “pro science” libs were all on board. 

You have MSMDS.

3 hours ago, calscuf said:

Riverside County fining $1000 for not wearing a mask.

3 hours ago, st1ckboy said:

I was able to score a few masks today, because I had a feeling this was coming.

3 hours ago, st1ckboy said:

What about this white guy?

roy-l-dennis-36a04848-2501-4863-9b01-c1de9f03680-resize-750-4.jpeg

This is why i try not to come to the politics thread on here. Everyone argues, and we're all guilty.

The problem is, while arguing, we miss important posts.

Did nobody else f*cking realize these were all on the SAME PAGE of a more than 100 page thread?

Sometimes this site is genius, and we dont even know it.

3 hours ago, Jason said:

@gotbeer,

I read this because you mentioned reading it, so had to see what you were getting at.

I have no idea what the numbers are. And for all I know, yes, like the headine here reads, there could be some loose basing on cause of death. 

But two things.

Number 1, the blunt reality. We arent doing autopsies. So if someone is in ICU with covid, and you die of a heart attack, like the attached article suggests here, the two are likely related. Again, that may be loose here... but nobody has the time to suit up and cut open rib cages to weigh organs right now.

Similar to how nobody dies from AIDS. You die from one of several diseases. The cause of death is still AIDS, not pneumocystis.

And second, as I said in a post a few days back, those people who are being found dead in their bed or on the couch, who were suffering from symptoms but werent tested, arent tested after they die either. So whereas, sure, some people may be getting over counted, I can attest that its also not being tracked outside of the hospitals, either. The number could actually be a lot higher than reported.

I think pneumonia deaths are up significantly so far this year. When this is all over people with probably take the total amount of deaths this year and subtract it by the annual average amount of deaths to get an idea of how many people this virus killed. Of course a new war could throw all of that out the window.