• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

10 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

I think pneumonia deaths are up significantly so far this year. When this is all over people with probably take the total amount of deaths this year and subtract it by the annual average amount of deaths to get an idea of how many people this virus killed. Of course a new war could throw all of that out the window. 

Jesus Christo, Lawrencio.

Mas bourbon, por favor.

• Replies 30.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lhalo

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

1 hour ago, RallyMo said:

Test, test, test, test, test.

The most informative thing we can do is test the hell out of people for antibodies. The government should pay for it and test as many asymptomatic people as is possible. It has the potential to help us get people back out there. If it turns out that a metric crap ton of people have had it, it can inform our decisions, and in short order. If it turns out that not as many have had it as we suspect... well, fudge.

We also need to know about reinfection rates.

There's so much that we don't know and a lot that we do.

You hit on two solid points here that are gaining traction or being monitored.

The amount of asymptomatic people that show no signs are becoming higher or becoming an issue. No symptoms, but spreading it and not knowing.

I'm curious about the reinfection rate, too. I think NY had one of their first cases get it again and end up back in ICU or the ER. I haven't read or see many reinfections elsewhere, but know it's going to be an issue.

2 minutes ago, Rico said:

This is the first step, IMO.

My total retard, blue collar solution for the short term. Incubation period on this is like 2 weeks? Maybe less?

Lock everyone the F up for 2 weeks. Zero tolerance. Work miracle to develop manufacturing locations for masks. 

2 weeks later, with ZERO tolerance, this thing should be more or less contained. Now we relax restrictions to where we are today... essential things are fine, fun shit out. 

This should give roughly a month for masks to get produced in numbers that cover everyone. Perhaps unrealistic, but looking at WW2 manufacturing, I dont see why it couldnt be done.

This gives us a month of pain, but likely takes care of this thing to the point where its no longer going to overwhelm the population. And gives the medical industry needed time to clear out what theyre already dealing with, and to stockpile a bit more of whatever drugs seem to work best. 

3 minutes ago, Brandon said:

You hit on two solid points here that are gaining traction or being monitored.

The amount of asymptomatic people that show no signs are becoming higher or becoming an issue. No symptoms, but spreading it and not knowing.

I'm curious about the reinfection rate, too. I think NY had one of their first cases get it again and end up back in ICU or the ER. I haven't read or see many reinfections elsewhere, but know it's going to be an issue.

Story came out today that S. Korea had some 50 plus people reinfected....

7 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

This is the first step, IMO.

My total retard, blue collar solution for the short term. Incubation period on this is like 2 weeks? Maybe less?

Lock everyone the F up for 2 weeks. Zero tolerance. Work miracle to develop manufacturing locations for masks. 

2 weeks later, with ZERO tolerance, this thing should be more or less contained. Now we relax restrictions to where we are today... essential things are fine, fun shit out. 

This should give roughly a month for masks to get produced in numbers that cover everyone. Perhaps unrealistic, but looking at WW2 manufacturing, I dont see why it couldnt be done.

This gives us a month of pain, but likely takes care of this thing to the point where its no longer going to overwhelm the population. And gives the medical industry needed time to clear out what theyre already dealing with, and to stockpile a bit more of whatever drugs seem to work best. 

How you aren't governor baffles me. 

4 minutes ago, Lou said:

210c6c7ea82a904bbd3c1c112f7d8287.jpg

Just like that. But wed all be sitting on top like the movie Ghandi. And the chicks from that boober eats video clip would be bringing us grilled cheese sandwiches and bourbon.

And that dead mouse dj would be spinning on the caboose. Now with a n95 mask over his mouse mask.

8 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Just like that. But wed all be sitting on top like the movie Ghandi. And the chicks from that boober eats video clip would be bringing us grilled cheese sandwiches and bourbon.

And that dead mouse dj would be spinning on the caboose. Now with a n95 mask over his mouse mask.

How you aren't President baffles me. 

45 minutes ago, RallyMo said:

Test, test, test.

Trace, trace, trace.

It is unsettling, though, and the privacy implications are indeed real.

For how long does it stay in your system? As I understand it, you can’t detect it for very long after you have had it. If a person had it in early March, or even February/January, is there any way of figuring that out?

2 minutes ago, wopphil said:

For how long does it stay in your system? As I understand it, you can’t detect it for very long after you have had it. If a person had it in early March, or even February/January, is there any way of figuring that out?

Well there’s this.

51 recovered coronavirus patients test positive again in South Korea

https://nypost.com/2020/04/07/51-recovered-coronavirus-patients-test-positive-again-in-south-korea/

1 hour ago, RallyMo said:

How you aren't President baffles me. 

Once elected, im gonna combine trump and clinton. 

Gonna point to reporters and say "whats your question". And if its stupid, ill put on my dark shades, and drown them out with my hip ass saxophone goodness.

Annoying white house correspondent -"Mr. President, you said 4 weeks ago that this is the time for Americans to come together, but youre now pushing for executive legislation to add the dodgers to the axis of evil, along with north korea and..."

Me-

giphy (11).gif

Edited by ten ocho recon scout