• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels discussed Clevinger with Indians

SoWhat

On 1/6/2020 at 1:12 PM, Second Base said:

Again, I do expect there to be a trade, but given the asking price that @totdprods has referenced, I think this trade will looked he something in the arena of David Price. Someone that costs money, and not prospects, that eats innings but also has the potential to be an upside play.

Well said

6 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

I wonder if a Clevinger deal could be done revolving around Canning and other pitching prospects.

What would be a fair deal?  Clevinger for Canning and ?

My understanding is Cleveland has depth at pitching prospects.  So I’m guessing it would have to be Canning and everyday players/prospects. 

i'm not willing to trade one pitcher for another at a time when we really need pitching. i understand the arguments in favor of it, and cleveland may not be willing to make a deal without a pitcher coming back their way, but i'd sure as shootin' look for a way to make that deal without including canning.

12 hours ago, Second Base said:

Yeah this slide typing thing on my phone leads to a lot of that. It started when I got switched to Android instead of  my old iPhone. Google keyboard is an improvement, but as we can all see, there's still a lot of weird little mistakes.

Happens to me too! Though I also use the multilingual keyboard, which means even weirder little mistakes 

I think the Angels would be better served to walk away from a Clevinger deal. It's no a salary dump by Cleveland so they want more in prospect value than what the Angels will get in return and that is three years of a guy with kind of a sketchy past in terms of health and a delivery that looks like the future will repeat the past. 

Sometimes the board gets fixated on certain players and don't step back from the keyboard to really asses the actual value of that player. Clevinger is now that guy since there was rumors he is available and the Angels were intrested but I think that intrest has more of a cap than what many think he is worth in trade. Adell is certainly out of the question and after seeing Marsh for an extended period in Fall League I can't see him being a part of a trade package considering the skill set he brings to the table. 

These are top prospects. Clevinger is a fringe #1 with issues. Lots of issues which can drop him to a #3 or to an extended DL. The Angels should be demanding more from their prospect capital and evidently do since there is no deal in place. And I am OK with that because I don't have a deadline for the Angels to make the playoffs, I just want them to have an extended run at them when they do assemble all the parts. I don't think trading for Clevinger using our top prospects gets us there any quicker and may just accelerate the exit. 

10 minutes ago, Blarg said:

I think the Angels would be better served to walk away from a Clevinger deal. It's no a salary dump by Cleveland so they want more in prospect value than what the Angels will get in return and that is three years of a guy with kind of a sketchy past in terms of health and a delivery that looks like the future will repeat the past. 

Sometimes the board gets fixated on certain players and don't step back from the keyboard to really asses the actual value of that player. Clevinger is now that guy since there was rumors he is available and the Angels were intrested but I think that intrest has more of a cap than what many think he is worth in trade. Adell is certainly out of the question and after seeing Marsh for an extended period in Fall League I can't see him being a part of a trade package considering the skill set he brings to the table. 

These are top prospects. Clevinger is a fringe #1 with issues. Lots of issues which can drop him to a #3 or to an extended DL. The Angels should be demanding more from their prospect capital and evidently do since there is no deal in place. And I am OK with that because I don't have a deadline for the Angels to make the playoffs, I just want them to have an extended run at them when they do assemble all the parts. I don't think trading for Clevinger using our top prospects gets us there any quicker and may just accelerate the exit. 

I dont think its fixation about any player, as much as it is fixation over the "ace" factor. 
There are some here who cant see passed it at this point, and while i get why, it cant be the only way to look at things.
There just is no smart move to be made in that regard in my opinion, at least not now.  WE either take on too much money (Price), take on someone that has questions (Gray/Boyd), or supremely overpay (Clevinger).  for me i dont like any of those options.
We all want the top of the rotation guy, but i think this is a place where we need to be a little patient and realize that our window is just opening for 20.  It isnt something we have to have right now, as nice as it would be.
Just my opinion. 

2 hours ago, Blarg said:

Counter argument:

clevinger.jpg.7e58d629137f4aed647e066e4d

I really don’t understand why so many of you are obsessed with gutting the little bit of a farm system that the Angels finally have.  It’s not even a top 15 system.  The Dodgers have won like 7 divisions in a row and been to 2 of the last 3 World Series.  They won’t trade their best prospect for a guy who’s a top 5 player in baseball who’s under 27 and has 2 years of control.  The Dodgers have like 10 FV 55 guys or greater.  You guys all want to throw Hail Marys.  Constantly.  It’s like the last decade of fruitlessness and how it happened is completely lost on you.  Even with the models for success literally in your faces.  The Angels are doing what they can to compete and they probably will here pretty shortly.  Why kneecap being able to sustain success for like 1 pitcher ? 

Edited by UndertheHalo