• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels discussed Clevinger with Indians

SoWhat

10 minutes ago, yvangelfan said:

We will not be involved in the postseason without kick ass pitching.

Adell is a great guy and I wish him the best, but we will need better starters.

Just do it.

We need starters that can help now and in the future.  While if it was a one for one trade for Clevinger I would be on the fence, I don’t think that would be the case.  They would want more and at that point if you are giving up more than just Adell you almost need a sure thing.  Clevinger while he is good, isn’t a sure thing.  

Just now, rottiesworld said:

Yup but is only 1 pitcher Clevinger going to make a difference to get them to the World Series? And to give up Adell? I don’t think so, maybe If we had signed one of the big free agent pitchers then I would have said yes but since we didn’t I say no.

I think if Clevinger is as good as he was last year then he could at least get us to the playoffs.  World Series?  I have no idea since the playoffs are really about who is hot at the time.  

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I think if Clevinger is as good as he was last year then he could at least get us to the playoffs.  World Series?  I have no idea since the playoffs are really about who is hot at the time.  

The best hope for a deep postseason run is Ohtani and Clevinger are both dialed in at postseason time.  If that is the case, yes, Clevinger could very well be the difference maker needed.

I get the argument that who is hot at the time wins.  But a “hot” Clevinger beats a “hot” lesser pitcher.

So I still want the best pitchers.

On 1/9/2020 at 2:58 PM, Tank said:

reminds me of anna benson. her husband chris pitched with the orioles and pirates among others, and she swore that if he ever cheated on her, she'd sleep with all of his teammates. she was beautiful but turned out to be a real lunatic.

dude marries a stripper and his life gets wrecked.

shocker.

1 minute ago, yvangelfan said:

No, ending the season again behind Texas or Seattle would be asinine. But hey, we might have a great outfielder.

Good point we might trade a great outfielder for a really good pitcher, that could be one pitch away from being an average pitcher.  

3 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Good point we might trade a great outfielder for a really good pitcher, that could be one pitch away from being an average pitcher.  

Or the great outfielder could be another Brandon Wood. 

I would go for the great pitcher, which we haven't had for a long time.

3 minutes ago, yvangelfan said:

What if it's $15 in July?

This isn't the time to pinch pennies. Fear not, and get it done.

Well it won’t be because right now every team thinks they are in it.  At the deadline not every team will think they are in it.  There will be a bigger supply than there is right now.  

2 minutes ago, yvangelfan said:

Or the great outfielder could be another Brandon Wood. 

I would go for the great pitcher, which we haven't had for a long time.

Ahh, Brandon Wood.  I hadn’t even thought about that.  I digress.  We have had a great pitcher since we had our last Brandon Wood.  

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

Well it won’t be because right now every team thinks they are in it.  At the deadline not every team will think they are in it.  There will be a bigger supply than there is right now.  

I wouldn't want to be in a bidding war in July with the Doggers or Skanks for Clevinger to make the postseason.