• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Talk me off this ledge....

Chuck

35 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Better question might be if they would have preferred Keuchel, Ryu and no Rendon.  

It's not that simple. That's what I'm getting at with the Amazon comment. You have to actually get two players to agree to a deal.  It's much more difficult than getting one guy to agree to a deal. 

It's not a simple choice..

And I'd rather have the hitter. 

39 minutes ago, ScottT said:

It's not that simple. That's what I'm getting at with the Amazon comment. You have to actually get two players to agree to a deal.  It's much more difficult than getting one guy to agree to a deal. 

It's not a simple choice..

And I'd rather have the hitter. 

well, you got what you want.

personally, i think they've shit the bed.

here's hoping for the best as trout marches on.

Hasn't the plan always been to acquire two pitchers this offseason, 1 through free agency and the 2nd probably through trade? I'm confused we acquired the first one in Teheran which leaves the second through trade. This place always talked about how that was the plan but now all of a sudden people are upset we need to trade?

Edited by rafibomb

3 minutes ago, rafibomb said:

Hasn't the plan always been to acquire two pitchers this offseason, 1 through free agency and the 2nd through trade? I'm confused we acquired the first one in Teheran which leaves the second through trade. This place always talked about how that was the plan but now all of a sudden people are upset we need to trade?

are you trying to ruin my fun here?

19 minutes ago, rafibomb said:

Hasn't the plan always been to acquire two pitchers this offseason, 1 through free agency and the 2nd probably through trade? I'm confused we acquired the first one in Teheran which leaves the second through trade. This place always talked about how that was the plan but now all of a sudden people are upset we need to trade?

Bundy was through a trade.

1. All of the pitchers that we missed out on will fail spectacularly. None of them were ever gonna sign here anyway and we didn't want them to begin with and we're better off without them hmmph. Ryu will throw a perfect game in his first start, then suffer a career ending injury in his next start

2. All of our starters will exceed expectations and remain healthy, particularly Andrew Heaney, who will pitch at least 8 innings in every start.

3. All of our prospects, namely Suarez, Barria, and Sandoval, will exceed expectations by a wide margin, halving their ERA's from 6 to 3

4. The offense will average 9.3 runs a game, led by Max Stassi with 47 homers

5. Brandon Marsh will be traded for David Price. Price will win the Cy Young and Marsh will be extradited to Chile for war crimes. 

7 hours ago, calscuf said:

This ain’t going to help Chuck, but the real question is how long until Trout politely asks to be traded.

Nothing that Trout has ever done in the way that he comports himself suggests he would ever do such a thing. People can change, sure, but I would be shocked if Trout, in the middle of his prime, and heading into a season where he'll have a legitimate second superstar hitter in the lineup with him for the first time in his career, asks to be traded. Politely or otherwise.

Now, if we're sitting here five or six years from now and the club hasn't made any progress and Trout's in his mid 30's but still playing at a high level, then I could see it. But not before.

8 hours ago, calscuf said:

This ain’t going to help Chuck, but the real question is how long until Trout politely asks to be traded.

8 hours ago, Vladdylonglegs said:

Since @RendZone isn’t here to say it: Arte was able to fleece the city of Anaheim and screw over the taxpayers. That’s the only off-season goal he took seriously. Arte’s off-season has been a tremendous success, even with Dylan Bundy as the opening day starter going into the season. 

7 hours ago, calscuf said:

The real question is when does Rendon politely ask for a trade? 2022?

I highly doubt that this is how the adults identified are thinking.

We got Joe this offseason. We got Rendon this offseason. Without those 2 things, I'd be right on the ledge with you. 

Maybe Billy shocks the world and gets Lindor+Clevinger but has to give up the farm. Might not be the end of the world if we can go deep into the playoffs.

Let's say Billy makes some trades and we end up winning the WS but losing Adell AND Marsh. Would this board be outraged over winning a ws but losing our best prospects? 

Right now, we're relying on a bunch of pitchers being better than they were last year - Heaney, Canning, Bundy, Teheran - and one guy bouncing back from TJ surgery who will only pitch once a week.  I don't see Eppler using a lot of the farm to trade for a legit ace, assuming one is available and the Angels can make a better offer than other teams.  Getting Redon was great.  However, we still need pitching and a catcher or two.  Hopefully January brings us help on both fronts.

8 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

Better question might be if they would have preferred Keuchel, Ryu and no Rendon.  

I think we could have had Rendon and either Keuchel or Ryu....there wouldn't have been much left to spend on anything else (Catcher) but it was doable....

14 minutes ago, Glen said:

Right now, we're relying on a bunch of pitchers being better than they were last year - Heaney, Canning, Bundy, Teheran - and one guy bouncing back from TJ surgery who will only pitch once a week.  I don't see Eppler using a lot of the farm to trade for a legit ace, assuming one is available and the Angels can make a better offer than other teams.  Getting Redon was great.  However, we still need pitching and a catcher or two.  Hopefully January brings us help on both fronts.

But that really isn't what they are likely banking on -- it's more likely a case of them thinking less of the bad options from last year than anything else.

The projections have Bundy right about where he was last year -- they have Teheran being a lot worse.   They have Canning basically repeating what he did and Sandoval pitching to his peripherals, the one guy they are really bullish on is Heaney and of course they have Ohtani for 110 innings.

But I fully agree they need to add to what they have because any scenario that has them again being forced to rely on someone like Suarez he is still learning how to pitch is a disaster waiting to happen.

2 minutes ago, DMVol said:

I think we could have had Rendon and either Keuchel or Ryu....there wouldn't have been much left to spend on anything else (Catcher) but it was doable....

They could have Rendon and Gibson and Pineda for less combined than what Keuchel will get.   To me that's the biggest miss..  Not Ryu or Keuchel.   I mean, they could have had Gibson, Pineda AND Ryu... if that's the kind of money they had to spend...