• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Keuchel

failos

1 minute ago, CanadianHalo said:

We’ve kind of thought that for a couple of days now.

It actually needs to happen today

I know I have more faith in you with the guys that are paid to do this, but it certainly seems that if he walked away from Kluber then he has a good idea what he can acquire and the cost to acquire those pieces.  

I think there’s a decent chance they get Keuchel also.  Pretty confident they’ll get at least one of the FA pitchers.  I am a bit concerned about whether they’ll be able to get the 2nd arm.  If it doesn’t work out it doesn’t.  Its dumb to pay out the ass with prospects we can’t really afford to lose.  Can revisit at the deadline.  No matter what we need some of our internal guys to pitch well.  If they don’t it doesn’t matter if we get the extra arm right now.  If they do, with at least one guy we should be in a position to add at the deadline.  And maybe that’s when we’ll get our guy.  At a price that is more comfortable hopefully.  

Edited by UndertheHalo

1 minute ago, CanadianHalo said:

My fear is if he signs elsewhere then the Price trade becomes even more likely.

And I think that may be one trade we can ALL agree on that we don’t want to see happen 

Depends on the cost for Price.  We all know they are going to have to eat a big chunk of that contract if they are serious about trading him.  He’s a year removed from a pretty good pitcher.  

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Depends on the cost for Price.  We all know they are going to have to eat a big chunk of that contract if they are serious about trading him.  He’s a year removed from a pretty good pitcher.  

After those earlier reports of the Sox including Chavis or Benintendi were shot down I saw a tweet, can’t remember where but suggesting including Eduardo Rodriguez in with Price. That could change my mind 

2 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Hot take: Keuchel isn't very good. Yes, he's better than what the Angels had last year, but he's really an innings eater who gives up a lot of hits.

Correction: He's significantly better than what the Angels had last year. At this point of his career he's basically a good #3. 

Obviously Keuchel and nothing else would be shitty.

7 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Hot take: Keuchel isn't very good. Yes, he's better than what the Angels had last year, but he's really an innings eater who gives up a lot of hits.

True. He gives up a lot of home runs for a ground ball pitcher, too.

Ideally, the Angels would acquire someone better than Keuchel, but they can also do far worse.

Maybe they can sign Keuchel and trade for another starter who is better than Keuchel.

I wasn't a fan of acquiring both Keuchel or Kluber.  Keuchel just seems like he'll be a frustrating pitcher to watch.  He had a string of 4 years, where his WHIP was 1.1-1.2.  But that was 3 seasons ago.  1.314 and 1.367 WHIP since then.  ERA isn't bad in the high 3's.  IP, he's fluctuating.  Some seasons 200.  Others mid 100's.  

I think he'd be great as a 3/4 pitcher.  But we need a 1/2 pitcher.  

Just now, gotbeer said:

I wasn't a fan of acquiring both Keuchel or Kluber.  Keuchel just seems like he'll be a frustrating pitcher to watch.  He had a string of 4 years, where his WHIP was 1.1-1.2.  But that was 3 seasons ago.  1.314 and 1.367 WHIP since then.  ERA isn't bad in the high 3's.  IP, he's fluctuating.  Some seasons 200.  Others mid 100's.  

I think he'd be great as a 3/4 pitcher.  But we need a 1/2 pitcher.  

I think the assumption is that we sign him and trade for a 1/2. There are no 1/2 pitchers left on the FA market.

24 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I think the assumption is that we sign him and trade for a 1/2. There are no 1/2 pitchers left on the FA market.

I think in the FA/trade market, Ryu is the closest we are going to get.  Health obviously is the biggest issue, but then again, the big one he had was TJ over 3 years ago.  But people don't seem to have that problem with Kluber, and to a lesser extent Keuchel who only pitched 112 innings last season.