• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Keuchel

failos

1 minute ago, gotbeer said:

I think in the FA/trade market, Ryu is the closest we are going to get.  Health obviously is the biggest issue, but then again, the big one he had was TJ over 3 years ago.  But people don't seem to have that problem with Kluber, and to a lesser extent Keuchel who only pitched 112 innings last season.  

Well, Ryu has made 30+ starts just once in his career and that was all the way back in 2013. His injury concerns are pretty consistent. Kluber has been healthy his entire career until this year where he had an oblique strain. Keuchel only pitched 112 innings this year because he didn't sign a contract until June.

Just now, Blarg said:

Yeah, Eppler was sitting around playing x-box when Rendon literally begged him to be signed. 

Arte signed Rendon. That much was made clear in the press conference yesterday. If Arte didn’t push for Rendon that deal never gets done. You’d really have to be out to lunch to think otherwise. 

Daddy is going to have to step in and cancel Billy boy’s live subscription right away so he can attempt to get some work done

4 minutes ago, CanadianHalo said:

Arte signed Rendon. That much was made clear in the press conference yesterday. If Arte didn’t push for Rendon that deal never gets done. You’d really have to be out to lunch to think otherwise. 

Daddy is going to have to step in and cancel Billy boy’s live subscription right away so he can attempt to get some work done

Low effort post. I don’t see any gifs. 

Just now, Bronson said:

It’s like we’ve gotten the two extremes for GMs.

One pulled the trigger on literally anything no matter the cost and one can’t pull the trigger at all.

And yet the usual suspects defended both of them and their philosophies until the very end. 

But I agree, we really have and there needs to be a balance between the two philosophies 

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

Depends on the cost for Price.  We all know they are going to have to eat a big chunk of that contract if they are serious about trading him.  He’s a year removed from a pretty good pitcher.  

Yes, although I am not a fan of David's age 34-36 seasons, if it comes at a good acquisition price and cost then I am okay with that outcome. He did run a 10.73 K/9 rate and 21% K-BB% rate last season so there is still good ability there.

2 minutes ago, CanadianHalo said:

And yet the usual suspects defended both of them and their philosophies until the very end. 

But I agree, we really have and there needs to be a balance between the two philosophies 

Just so were clear, I am not defending Eppler, I just won’t assume he didn’t offer package that we would feel is better than what Cleveland accepted.  

17 minutes ago, Stradling said:

The idea that we have people on their phones or at their computers accessing a fan website questioning the work ethic of a GM is probably the silliest thing I can think of.  

Especially when that process can be automated by computer programming to go look for keywords and instantly send a daily compiled report to Eppler's desk of all of the offender's.

52 minutes ago, ettin said:

Yes, although I am not a fan of David's age 34-36 seasons, if it comes at a good acquisition price and cost then I am okay with that outcome. He did run a 10.73 K/9 rate and 21% K-BB% rate last season so there is still good ability there.

Read something yesterday that said Sox are willing to pay down Prices contract to $20 mil / season, so they won't have to include another  player, say like Benitendi.