• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Jake Odorizzi

Angelsjunky

41 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

This chart illustrates why he's my fourth choice after Cole, Strasburg, and Wheeler - when you take into account cost and age (he'll be cheaper and much younger than Ryu, cheaper than Bumgarner).

That's a nice velocity spike this year. I see no reason why he shouldn't be able to continue.

image.png

He's my 4th choice because of the velocity spike, great contact year and strong prospect pedigree.

Well Eppler said he wants two pitchers. If payroll is increasing, I have to imagine the pitchers are ranked as follows:

1. Cole 2. Strasburg 3. Wheeler 4. Odorizzi 5. Ryu 6. Hamels. 

Arte probably won't be willing to shell out enough for 1 and 2, but 1 and 3 or 1 and 4 aren't a bad consolation at all. 

But then again, if Eppler pulled off the impossible for the third year in a row (signing Ohtani and extending Trout were the first two), I doubt Arte would tell him no.

It's too far off so I won't even dream, but just for a moment . ...Cole, Strasburg, Ohtani ..

the lonely island jizz GIF

52 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Well Eppler said he wants two pitchers. If payroll is increasing, I have to imagine the pitchers are ranked as follows:

1. Cole 2. Strasburg 3. Wheeler 4. Odorizzi 5. Ryu 6. Hamels. 

Arte probably won't be willing to shell out enough for 1 and 2, but 1 and 3 or 1 and 4 aren't a bad consolation at all. 

But then again, if Eppler pulled off the impossible for the third year in a row (signing Ohtani and extending Trout were the first two), I doubt Arte would tell him no.

It's too far off so I won't even dream, but just for a moment . ...Cole, Strasburg, Ohtani ..

the lonely island jizz GIF

I could live with Wheeler as our #1 if Odorizzi was the #2. Anything less will be a gigantic disappointment. 

30 minutes ago, Sean-Regan said:

Only if he’s the second guy and doesn’t cost too much. If he’s your number one guy, that’s one sad offseason. 

that's not what we're talking about though. you guys are listing the top pitchers and some combinations. i just said, you're forgetting madbum.

I like him but worry he’ll get way overpaid and the QO/draft pick attached adds another level of sting. 

It’ll be interesting to see how his winter proceeds. He could get Keucheled if he and his agent maintain a really high asking price coupled with the pick. If he thinks he’s worth $15m, $17m, $18m over four or five he might be waiting awhile. 

Honestly, wouldn’t be totally surprised if the Twins re-sign him in a deal structured around the QO. I think the Twins are going to be a real nuisance for the Angels this winter. They have been indicating for awhile that they’d essentially spend big and overpay for pitching and their entire rotation basically just hit FA. They have a good offense and a good FO. I don’t think they’ll influence the Cole market much, but, I could see them really inflating the price on the next tier of arms or gobbling up a couple of the lower-tiered arms we may be eyeing as insurance.

This is why I really think there’s a legitimate chance Eppler has to trade for an arm of some significance, or at least sign someone very quickly, even if it’s someone fairly underwhelming like Teheran, Roark, Gibson...too many pitching needs to wait everything out. I think Cole will then be the next task (well, and was always top priority) but it could drag out. 

And then from there, I think Eppler will sit back and wait. Almost certainly there will be a good FA SP available come January or February still looking for a deal. Hamels, Bumgarner, Odorizzi because of the QO, Keuchel, Ryu...and that’s where I think Eppler might surprise and land another big arm. That winds up being the move that puts us over the ‘budget’. 

Edited by totdprods