• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Astros accused of high-tech sign-stealing scheme during 2017 championship season

T.G.

1 minute ago, yk9001 said:

The only punishment with teeth I can ever remember MLB giving was the Astros/Cardinals deal.  But that had federal crime implications.

I see this heading more toward the NCAA slapping the wrist of Kansas or Arizona basketball.

I hope I am wrong.

I'd normally agree but they are already starting to talk this up as an attack on the game's integrity and they may go the other way just to save face. 

This https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/23563650/what-does-legalized-sports-gambling-mean-baseball may be one of the reasons they try to play it like hanging judges...   There's money to be made, and ownership loves money....

Tom Verducci is pouring some gas on the fire. Good article with some pretty damning stats too. Manfred is going to have to go hard at this.  Even calling for an independent investigation instead of Luhnow doing it:

https://www.si.com/mlb/2019/11/13/houston-astros-sign-stealing

And of course SI has a couple other articles about the scandal as well.  You knew they would after the clown Taubman went after their reporters:

https://www.si.com/mlb/2019/11/13/astros-steal-signs-spygate-videotaping

https://www.si.com/mlb/2019/11/14/astros-sign-stealing-lawsuit

Not sure I agree with fans being able to sure the Astros, but now that the seed is planted, it wouldn't surprise me if someone does.

This is blowing up, so glad it's not us, and even happier it's the Astros.

Please don't sweep this under the rug Manfred.

14 minutes ago, Jay said:

Yeah, maybe the Angels opioid issue will be lost in the noise of the cheating scandal.

It shouldn’t be lost. It needs to be put back on the front page. Drug and Alcohol abuse, domestic violence and cheating in professional sports all need to be dealt with swiftly. 

1 hour ago, Calzone 2 said:

It shouldn’t be lost. It needs to be put back on the front page. Drug and Alcohol abuse, domestic violence and cheating in professional sports all need to be dealt with swiftly. 

I'm sure the Angels are totally ignoring the problem now that it's out of the spotlight.

I'm pretty sure Manfred will lynch Hinch for this. It's the easiest solution to disband the coaching staff than try to discipline players scattered around the league. I'm not sure this and the reporter harrasment scandal is enough to force a franchise sale but that is also on the table. These guys don't really own the team, they own a fanchise and at the favor of MLB. 

42 minutes ago, Blarg said:

I'm pretty sure Manfred will lynch Hinch for this. It's the easiest solution to disband the coaching staff than try to discipline players scattered around the league. I'm not sure this and the reporter harrasment scandal is enough to force a franchise sale but that is also on the table. These guys don't really own the team, they own a fanchise and at the favor of MLB. 

Hinch could easily be lifetime banned. Breaking the rules to steal pitches in the WS is a big deal. Luhnow could be done too if they can prove he was in on it (he probably was).