• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Astros accused of high-tech sign-stealing scheme during 2017 championship season

T.G.

I'm all for the "get what you can" approach when it comes to picking up signs or guys tipping their pitches, etc... That's been a part of the game forever. But if you're using your own private video feed to get access to that sort of stuff it's definitely crossing an ethical line. Either force teams not to do that, or give them both access to the video feed in dugout. Either way is fine by me. 

7 minutes ago, Don said:

I'm all for the "get what you can" approach when it comes to picking up signs or guys tipping their pitches, etc... That's been a part of the game forever. But if you're using your own private video feed to get access to that sort of stuff it's definitely crossing an ethical line. Either force teams not to do that, or give them both access to the video feed in dugout. Either way is fine by me. 

I agree. 

If you're using electronic technology to steal signs, that's just wrong and there should be big fines laid down.

57 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

Good luck enforcing that.

It seems fairly enforceable to me. Have league officials regularly check that nothing fishy is going on, rely on people to report if something is, punish swiftly and harshly for violations. I feel like getting 30 teams to comply with "Hey, don't hide a freaking camera in the outfield to run your own private feed of the catcher's signals" should be fairly doable for MLB.

8 minutes ago, Blarg said:

I think Altuve should return his MVP trophy. 

From the article it looks like every team is doing this.... So everyone should return their MVP trophy since cameras were invented. Let's just get rid of baseball. Then we won't have anyone ever trying to cheat...

26 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

So from the article every team is doing this... move on.

6 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

From the article it looks like every team is doing this.... So everyone should return their MVP trophy since cameras were invented. Let's just get rid of baseball. Then we won't have anyone ever trying to cheat...

We ignored you the first time. 

4 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

If they were, it would be leaking. Why do you think the only team to come up publicly on this in recent years is the Astros? Either they’re way better at it than everyone else (which gets them noticed), or way more careless about it. 

Either way, I hope MLB drops the hammer on them. 

Just now, Sean-Regan said:

If they were, it would be leaking. Why do you think the only team to come up publicly on this in recent years is the Astros? Either they’re way better at it than everyone else (which gets them noticed), or way more careless about it. 

Either way, I hope MLB drops the hammer on them. 

Did you read the article? It literally states it in the article that most the teams are doing this. Come on.. Don't just read the headline.