• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

THE Official 2019-2020 Hot Stove Thread

T.G.

https://www.mlb.com/news/mlb-rumors-trades-and-signings

Report: Angels, Tribe discussed Clevinger

Jan. 5: The Angels are still doing their due diligence to improve their starting rotation before Opening Day. A source told MLB.com’s Jon Paul Morosi that Los Angeles has had talks with the Indians regarding a trade for Mike Clevinger, however the Tribe’s asking price remains very high for the right-hander, and those talks have stalled for the time being.

The 29-year-old Clevinger has drawn interest, including from the crosstown Dodgers, while the Indians traded two-time Cy Young Award winner Corey Kluber to the Rangers and held discussions regarding superstar shortstop Francisco Lindor. Clevinger is one of the most promising arms in the American League, striking out 169 hitters across 126 innings in 2019 while recording his third straight season with an ERA of 3.11 or less.

The Angels’ trade package for a starter of Clevinger’s caliber might need to include outfielder Jo Adell, baseball’s No. 5 overall prospect according to MLB Pipeline, but the Halos have been extremely reluctant to part with Adell to this point. Los Angeles acquired veteran starters Dylan Bundy and Julio Teheran this offseason, but it missed out on several of the top-flight free agents including Gerrit Cole, Stephen Strasburg and Zack Wheeler. The Angels did not feature a single pitcher with 20 starts last season.

Edited by Ace-Of-Diamonds

1 minute ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

"Report: Angels, Tribe discussed Clevinger

Jan. 5: The Angels are still doing their due diligence to improve their starting rotation before Opening Day. A source told MLB.com’s Jon Paul Morosi that Los Angeles has had talks with the Indians regarding a trade for Mike Clevinger, however the Tribe’s asking price remains very high for the right-hander, and those talks have stalled for the time being.

The 29-year-old Clevinger has drawn interest, including from the crosstown Dodgers, while the Indians traded two-time Cy Young Award winner Corey Kluber to the Rangers and held discussions regarding superstar shortstop Francisco Lindor. Clevinger is one of the most promising arms in the American League, striking out 169 hitters across 126 innings in 2019 while recording his third straight season with an ERA of 3.11 or less.

The Angels’ trade package for a starter of Clevinger’s caliber might need to include outfielder Jo Adell, baseball’s No. 5 overall prospect according to MLB Pipeline, but the Halos have been extremely reluctant to part with Adell to this point. Los Angeles acquired veteran starters Dylan Bundy and Julio Teheran this offseason, but it missed out on several of the top-flight free agents including Gerrit Cole, Stephen Strasburg and Zack Wheeler. The Angels did not feature a single pitcher with 20 starts last season."

Man, if we could get Clevinger, we’d have him for at least 3 years, and damn that would be a nice addition.  If we got him, we would be a 90-95 win team.  I’d hate to give up Adell but he’s the absolute minimum I would want if we were to give him up.  I’d still rather give them a ton of guys not named Adell to get him and take on Carlos Santana and his contract to bring down the cost.  Then the Indians could afford to resign Lindor.

1 minute ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

So no way you'd include Adell in this trade? I'm 60/40 against trading Adell.

I mean, I probably would be fine with it as long as we kept both Marsh and Adams. It's the entire package it would likely take to get Clevinger that scares me. I think it would start with Adell and Canning. 

1 minute ago, tdawg87 said:

I mean, I probably would be fine with it as long as we kept both Marsh and Adams. It's the entire package it would likely take to get Clevinger that scares me. I think it would start with Adell and Canning. 

Yea, and there is no reason to trade our best pitching prospect.