• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

THE Official 2019-2020 Hot Stove Thread

T.G.

3 minutes ago, Angels_Fan said:

If the Angels are a good starter away from making the postseason, do you think Arte would balk because he wants to save some money?

Do you think Gray is too expensive at a projected $5 million or so? 

No but if the asking price is too high then what?  It’s not just spending money it’s also prospects. 

Just now, Stradling said:

You’re the one who said Rendon wasn’t our entire budget.  So I took the other money spent, gave that money to you to spend.  Your answer was I’m moving the goal posts.  So not sure what you tried to prove but I guess Eppler did great.  

You tried to say that Eppler doesn’t deserve to be fired if we miss the playoffs because our pitching is crap again because “he wanted to spend our offseason money on Rendon“.  I’m merely pointing out that after that signing Eppler still has the required money to fix the pitching.  If he doesn’t do it, it’s not Arte’s fault.

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

No but if the asking price is too high then what?  It’s not just spending money it’s also prospects. 

It’s doubtful that Gray would cost Adell. That’s just unrealistic. Marsh +? That’s a realistic proposal. If Eppler finds that too steep of a price to pay, then the odds of him acquiring a good starter aren’t good.

1 minute ago, mymerlincat said:

You tried to say that Eppler doesn’t deserve to be fired if we miss the playoffs because our pitching is crap again because “he wanted to spend our offseason money on Rendon“.  I’m merely pointing out that after that signing Eppler still has the required money to fix the pitching.  If he doesn’t do it, it’s not Arte’s fault.

And so far that budget to fix the pitching after Rendon is $9-15 million. 

1 minute ago, Angels_Fan said:

It’s doubtful that Gray would cost Adell. That’s just unrealistic. Marsh +? That’s a realistic proposal. If Eppler finds that too steep of a price to pay, then the odds of him acquiring a good starter aren’t good.

Ok and I like Gray but not even sure he’s worth Marsh.  I know that’s what he will cost, it’s simply that he’s got question marks. 

The mental gymnastics going on to obtain ANY pitcher in trade is pretty crazy on this board:

"We should trade for Griffin Canning!"

"It'll cost at least Adell!"

"We should do it, we need to win now and he is a young up and comer with potential!"

"The Angels will get screwed in this deal, Canning is not even worth Marsh, the Angels will take the Angels to the cleaner in this trade!"

13 minutes ago, ettin said:

The mental gymnastics going on to obtain ANY pitcher in trade is pretty crazy on this board:

"We should trade for Griffin Canning!"

"It'll cost at least Adell!"

"We should do it, we need to win now and he is a young up and comer with potential!"

"The Angels will get screwed in this deal, Canning is not even worth Marsh, the Angels will take the Angels to the cleaner in this trade!"

Are you drunk?

35 minutes ago, RBM said:

I'm very happy with Teheran and Castro. I have too many post out there talking up both guys to say otherwise.

However, it's interesting to consider trading the $16 M we paid Teheran/Castro for the $18 M the Braves paid Cole Hamels. Another interesting thought is Pineda/Castro instead of Teheran/Castro.

It's not like having $X to spend o n Amazon.

You've got to convince free agents, opposing GMs to trade

Why do people think that just because Artie would have spent on Cole that the same amount will be spent on others?

also, the ‘eppler needs to get creative’ narrative is humorous. Getting creative is Trevor Cahill or Matt Harvey or Dylan Bundy etc. 

what people really want is for him to fleece another tram in a trade like Arrieta for Feldman. 

reasonably establish club controlled starters with mid to top rotation potential cost your top prospects. Otherwise you get Dylan bundy, tanner roark or some other back end guy.  Creative is turning that guy into a stud.  

It should also indirectly tells you what eppler thinks of the major league club. I don’t think he hesitate to make a trade for two years of an ace if that’s what he thought gave the team their best chance at some point. Instead he’s opting to keep Adell and marsh and their six years of control. 

he also knows that anyone below AA doesn’t have the value he needs to get the deal he wants. Because then it becomes another volume play like with bundy. 

sorry to point out realty, but as an org, we’re not quite where people want us to be. 

5 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

Why do people think that just because Artie would have spent on Cole that the same amount will be spent on others?

also, the ‘eppler needs to get creative’ narrative is humorous. Getting creative is Trevor Cahill or Matt Harvey or Dylan Bundy etc. 

what people really want is for him to fleece another tram in a trade like Arrieta for Feldman. 

reasonably establish club controlled starters with mid to top rotation potential cost your top prospects. Otherwise you get Dylan bundy, tanner roark or some other back end guy.  Creative is turning that guy into a stud.  

It should also indirectly tells you what eppler thinks of the major league club. I don’t think he hesitate to make a trade for two years of an ace if that’s what he thought gave the team their best chance at some point. Instead he’s opting to keep Adell and marsh and their six years of control. 

he also knows that anyone below AA doesn’t have the value he needs to get the deal he wants. Because then it becomes another volume play like with bundy. 

sorry to point out realty, but as an org, we’re not quite where people want us to be. 

3 hours ago, Angels_Fan said:

Is there any guarantee that Marsh pans out? Much better prospects have failed, if we’re being honest. 

The Angels need pitching. And if they’re going to be stingy, they’ll never get that difference maker they need.

is gray the difference maker? personally, i don't think so.

if you need guarantees in life, then carry an umbrella for a year. maybe marsh pans out, maybe he doesn't. i can guarantee that marsh has a way above average minor league pedigree  and some very projectable tools and body size. couple that with minimum salary and 6 years of control.

i choose marsh over sonny gray.

7 hours ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

So no way you'd include Adell in this trade? I'm 60/40 against trading Adell.

Tell Cleveland we will pay them the same price we sold Clevenger for. It's more than fair since he's been used. When we sold him to you he was practically brand new. But now he's been ridden hard and put away wet...