• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

THE Official 2019-2020 Hot Stove Thread

T.G.

15 minutes ago, Billy_Ball said:

ANGELS ACQUIRE RHP KYLE KELLER FROM MIAMI

Angels send minor league C Jose Estrada to Marlins

ANAHEIM – The Angels today acquired RHP Kyle Keller from the Miami Marlins in exchange for minor league C Jose Estrada. In a corresponding move, RHP Jake Jewell has been designated for assignment. Today’s announcements were made by General Manager Billy Eppler

Keller, 26, appeared in 10 games in relief for Miami in 2019 after making his Major League debut on Aug. 4 at Tampa Bay. He was unscored upon in seven of the 10 appearances including each of his last six (5.1 IP). Keller spent the majority of the season with Triple-A New Orleans where he compiled 73 strikeouts in 54 innings pitched across 37 appearances for the Baby Cakes. He held Triple-A opponents to a .217 (44/203) batting average, with a 1.20 WHIP, while his rate of 12.2 strikeouts per nine innings placed 10th in the Pacific Coast League (min. 50 IP).

A native of Metairie, LA, Keller was originally selected by Miami in the 18th round of the 2015 First-Year Player Draft out of Southeastern Louisiana University. Through 165 career minor league appearances, he has pitched to a 3.53 ERA (249.2 IP – 98 ER), while averaging 12.0 strikeouts per nine innings and 3.57 strikeouts per walk (332 SO – 93 BB). He was designated for assignment by the Marlins on Dec. 20, 2019. 

Estrada, 19, was originally signed by the Angels as an international free agent on Jan. 14, 2019 and completed his first professional season with the DSL Angels batting .247 (38/154) with seven doubles, one triple and 14 RBI in 43 games. 

Long time lurker, and an Angels fan since I was a kid in the 70's. Long Beach. Grandpa took us to games in Anaheim, LA was just too much of a hassle. I'll watch both teams and be reasonable, though the Angels are my team. I'm just a fan of the game. Most of you guys seem cool, and I love when Fletcher chimes in with official stuff. Back in the aughts, there was this monkey guy who used to stir up of shit on the official team message board. That shit was hilarious. Once that closed, I started following you guys. Twdaw87, back off, you make me laugh. Lou, you always seem to be around. Stradling, you're cool, I don't have a problem, I like your inputs, but I can see why some newbies get scared off. You don't hesitate to say what's on your mind. And that's none of my business, so I'll carry on.

Anyway, I would lean towards letting us see what Callaway can do with the young arms. If Ohtani doesn't spring back like he should, then trade for something at the break.

I go to 20-30 games a year, mostly left field over the bullpens, but sometimes the girl and I will spring for third base line seats if it's a good series.

Nice to meet you guys. Please be gentle.

4 minutes ago, mistermike said:

Long time lurker, and an Angels fan since I was a kid in the 70's. Long Beach. Grandpa took us to games in Anaheim, LA was just too much of a hassle. I'll watch both teams and be reasonable, though the Angels are my team. I'm just a fan of the game. Most of you guys seem cool, and I love when Fletcher chimes in with official stuff. Back in the aughts, there was this monkey guy who used to stir up of shit on the official team message board. That shit was hilarious. Once that closed, I started following you guys. Twdaw87, back off, you make me laugh. Lou, you always seem to be around. Stradling, you're cool, I don't have a problem, I like your inputs, but I can see why some newbies get scared off. You don't hesitate to say what's on your mind. And that's none of my business, so I'll carry on.

Anyway, I would lean towards letting us see what Callaway can do with the young arms. If Ohtani doesn't spring back like he should, then trade for something at the break.

I go to 20-30 games a year, mostly left field over the bullpens, but sometimes the girl and I will spring for third base line seats if it's a good series.

Welcome fresh meat, errr.. I mean Mike!

14 minutes ago, mistermike said:

Hey buddy.  Glad you’re here.  This is for you.  

43FBDE24-590D-4E2A-9ED1-88A188F372FD.jpeg

1 minute ago, mistermike said:

I'm officially scared of you guys now.

Seriously though, and I''ll probably take shit for this, but I hope we stand pat for now, and work on developing the arms we have with a new manager, pitching coach, etc. I'm probably in the minority on this though.

That’s probably consistent with Eppler’s M.O. I think he’ll try to be opportunistic but I doubt he overspends unless he feels he has to. I think a upgrade is coming for the rotation, but it may take time. I don’t really have a problem with that. I feel like they kinda need to figure out what they have, both with the new players as well as Maddon and Callaway. 

8 hours ago, Pancake Bear said:

That’s probably consistent with Eppler’s M.O. I think he’ll try to be opportunistic but I doubt he overspends unless he feels he has to. I think a upgrade is coming for the rotation, but it may take time. I don’t really have a problem with that. I feel like they kinda need to figure out what they have, both with the new players as well as Maddon and Callaway. 

And before Arte puts pressure on Eppler to "do something" in the last year of his contract, he needs to gaze upon the life-sized (and sneering) mannequins of Vernon Wells, GMJ, and Josh Hamilton that decorate his office, and contemplate what impatience and meddling has done for him in the past.  

If he doesn't those mannequins, he should - Arte's Haunted House of bad decisions would probably save us all a lot of pain in the future ...

4 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Dodgers sign Jimmy Nelson and Eppler whiffs on another starting pitcher that likely could've helped this team. 

Eh. Shoulder injuries, only one good year, over 30...wouldn’t have been upset if we added him but I he’s just clog up the roster with another SP question mark.

I still think Eppler intends on swinging a trade before Opening Day for someone with some upside and/or durability, just waiting for the price to come down on whoever is on the menu. 

22 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Dodgers sign Jimmy Nelson and Eppler whiffs on another starting pitcher that likely could've helped this team. 

image.png

Hmmm, not sure it's wise of Eppler to commit money and a roster spot to pitcher with recent shoulder and elbow issues when all he's been dealing with since he became a GM is pitchers shoulder and elbow issues.  How exactly did he "whiff" on this one?  Not finding the right fortune teller?