• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

THE Official 2019-2020 Hot Stove Thread

T.G.

58 minutes ago, mymerlincat said:

Not sure why people here expect the trade prices of starting pitchers to go down before the start of the season.  The sellers are the ones with all the leverage here.

Precisely why i want to wait for that large trade till the deadline. 

11 minutes ago, RBM said:

Yep, often the best trade is the one you don't make. 

Not just Gray but the others -Boyd, Clevinger, Price would cost too much, for different reasons, based on where we are as a team right now.

Eppler is smart, he's not going to fuck this up.

100% where i'm at as well. 
WE have lesser option to get to the deadline that make sense, grab and send out ST invites.

Clevinger is a bit different though, I will say. Pitchers like him are almost never traded. They either sign an extension or get traded at the deadline in their last control year. He's in the prime of his career and is under control for 3 more years. Now, he's going to start getting expensive in arbitration, but that's not really an issue.

He's a legitimate frontline starter and that's exactly what this team needs for the next few years. 

Not saying I want to trade Adell. I'm just saying Clevinger is exactly what would put this team over the top for the next 3 years. Would Adell have the same impact? Maybe. Possibly. But there's always going to be that "what-if" scenario. 

4 minutes ago, Lou said:

What you got?

Well first of all I wouldn’t look too much into his rookie year even though he performed pretty well. His xFIP has been around the 3.60 range for most of his career, in the seasons where he’s had a high ERA, his xFIP has always been considerably lower.  He also has a career 3.39 xFIP at Coors Field which is very impressive.

Just now, mymerlincat said:

Well first of all I wouldn’t look too much into his rookie year even though he performed pretty well. His xFIP has been around the 3.60 range for most of his career, in the seasons where he’s had a high ERA, his xFIP has always been considerably lower.  He also has a career 3.39 xFIP at Coors Field which is very impressive.

He’d be a perfect fit on the team and not just because he’s good. The Angels probably have the best defensive IF (left side) in all of baseball...and he happens to be a GB pitcher. 

4 minutes ago, mymerlincat said:

and a 4.05 xFIP away from Coors. 

7 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I doubt it and it shouldn’t be if the narrative is true. 

Idk man. It’d be 5 years without the postseason under Eppler’s reign if they miss out again in 2020. That’s inexcusable, especially considering Trout won’t forever be in his peak or prime. 

Everyone knows the Angels need pitching. It’s up to him to address this weakness. The next FA class is weak. He’ll have to make a trade sooner than later.

2 minutes ago, Angels_Fan said:

Idk man. It’d be 5 years without the postseason under Eppler’s reign if they miss out again in 2020. That’s inexcusable, especially considering Trout won’t forever be in his peak or prime. 

Everyone knows the Angels need pitching. It’s up to him to address this weakness. The FA class in 2021 is weak. He’ll have to make a trade sooner than later.

Eppler will be gone if we don’t make the playoffs.  Arte and Trout are sick of losing and I can’t imagine Maddon signed up for it either.

Just now, mymerlincat said:

Eppler will be gone if we don’t make the playoffs.  Arte and Trout are sick of losing and I can’t imagine Maddon signed up for it either.

I don’t want Eppler to lose his job and I hope that he acquires a good starter soon. It’s that one big need that is and has been holding this team back from reaching its potential.  But yeah. The time for excuses are over. 2020 will be year 5/half a decade. At some point one needs results on the field. I think 2020 is make or break for Eppler. 

5 minutes ago, Angels_Fan said:

Everyone knows the Angels need pitching. It’s up to him to address this weakness. The next FA class is weak. He’ll have to make a trade sooner than later.

Ok and like I said if the narrative that Arte wanted Rendon and that’s where the payroll budget was spent then how do you fire Eppler?  Also if they win 90-95 games and miss the playoffs it would be dumb to fire him. 

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Ok and like I said if the narrative that Arte wanted Rendon and that’s where the payroll budget was spent then how do you fire Eppler?  Also if they win 90-95 games and miss the playoffs it would be dumb to fire him. 

It’s almost as if our entire offseason budget was not, in fact, spent on Anthony Rendon.

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

The Angels are still under the luxury tax. And who says Arte wouldn’t go over it, anyway? There are good starters reportedly available in trade who aren’t making much (like Gray). It’s not like Eppler doesn’t have options. He has to be creative and find a way. It’s his job. 

3 minutes ago, mymerlincat said:

It’s almost as if our entire offseason budget was not, in fact, spent on Anthony Rendon.

Right we also got a catcher, which we needed regardless of signing a pitcher and Teheran. So which pitcher signed for $15 million you’d rather have than Teheran and Castro.  

4 minutes ago, Angels_Fan said:

The Angels are still under the luxury tax. And who says Arte wouldn’t go over it, anyway? There are good starters reportedly available in trade who aren’t making much (like Gray). It’s not like Eppler doesn’t have options. He has to be creative and find a way. It’s his job. 

Well Arte will go over it for the right guy. That guy went to the Yankees. 

Just now, Stradling said:

Well Arte will go over it for the right guy. That guy went to the Yankees. 

If the Angels are a good starter away from making the postseason, do you think Arte would balk because he wants to save some money?

Do you think Gray is too expensive at a projected $5 million or so? 

1 minute ago, mymerlincat said:

image.jpeg.e588951ae13d9fd163f3a0aabc9c2963.jpeg

You’re the one who said Rendon wasn’t our entire budget.  So I took the other money spent, gave that money to you to spend.  Your answer was I’m moving the goal posts.  So not sure what you tried to prove but I guess Eppler did great.  

2 minutes ago, Angels_Fan said:

If the Angels are a good starter away from making the postseason, do you think Arte would balk because he wants to save some money?

Do you think Gray is too expensive at a projected $5 million or so? 

Gray's price will be determined by the players required to obtain him.