• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

THE Official 2019-2020 Hot Stove Thread

T.G.

7 hours ago, ukyah said:

@Stradling here's the perspective i'm trying to convey.

you and i joined this board three days apart from each other in 2013. in that time, you've become a well known central figure on this forum, where as i have not.

over the course of just over 2508 days i've averaged about 1.75 posts per day and you've averaged 10X that number. that means that in any given thread i post in that your presence in the thread will be throughout, and it has a major impact in the direction of that thread. neftleberg and guys like him? they impact only as much as we respond and take their bait. they're the classic forum trolls, but you're the classic fish. you always take the bait, and you do it aggressively.

those are my .02, now you've heard them.

I like how as baseball fans, we all think in terms of stats.

8 hours ago, Lou said:

New York Mets outfielder Yoenis Cespedes' ankle injury, which could cost him $23.5 million in 2020, came during a run-in with a wild boar on his ranch, reports Joel Sherman and Ken Davidoff of the New York Post.

Cespedes fractured his right ankle last May at his Port St. Lucie ranch when he stepped into a hole after a boar was released from a trap.

The Mets learned of the injury from Cespedes, who was recovering at the time from surgery to both of his heels.

Team officials, as well as representatives from the commissioner's office and players' association, visited the ranch and determined the player's story to be true. 

The Mets filed a grievance against Cespedes following an investigation, with both sides opting in December to restructure the 2020 portion of his contract. Cespedes was also paid only $22.8 million of his $29-million salary for 2019.

BN-QT903_2M4qD_OR_20161111185707.jpg

bartolo-colon-squats-pigjpg.jpg

6 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

I think some team is really going to regret giving Donaldson a 4 year deal.  Particularly at 100+ million. 

I know some on here like him. And he was a beast at one point. And may still have another great year in him. He just strikes me as someone who is going to age quickly. Like a Tulo type. 

@ukyah: first off this is a fans message board. Everyone who is a fan is entitled to post here. I called Lou a bully because that's what he is, pure and simple. Any one who thinks they have a right to try and intimidate another poster or roast any other for expressing their opinion is a bully. It is what it is. 

You want to call me a troll,  that's fine. That's your opinion I don't happen to agree with it but it's still your right to post it so I accept it for what it is. 1 post or 10,000 posts it doesn't matter.each one should stand on its own merits.

that why I called Lou what I did, he acts like the sheer weight of his number of posts earns him the right to be the thought police. guess what it doesnt. In these United states, we are all equal, born with inalienable rights and a responsibility to speak out.

anyone who thinks that by the sheer force of their personality, that they can tread on another's free speech is a bully and I will call them on it. And as for stradlings position that real men don't call other men bullies, Hogwash!!! It takes a person with conviction to stand up in a community and risk disapproval to state what might be an unpopular opinion. King George in 1776 wasn't to thrilled with the idea of revolution either. I guess that if there was a public forum back then he would have called all Americans trolls and douchebags too.

1 minute ago, Bill Neftleberg said:

@ukyah: first off this is a fans message board. Everyone who is a fan is entitled to post here. I called Lou a bully because that's what he is, pure and simple. Any one who thinks they have a right to try and intimidate another poster or roast any other for expressing their option is a bully. It is what it is. 

You want to call me a troll,  that's fine. That's your opinion I don't happen to agree with it but it's still your right to post it so I accept it for what it is. 1 post or 10,000 posts it doesn't matter.each one should stand on its own merits.

that why I called Lou what I did, he acts like the sheer weight of his number of posts earns him the right to be the thought police. guess what it doesnt. In these United states, we are all equal, born with inalienable rights and a responsibility to speak out.

anyone who thinks that by the sheer force of their personality, that they can tread on another's free speech is a bully and I will call them on it. And as for stradlings position that real men don't call other men bullies, Hogwash!!! It takes a person with conviction to stand up in a community and risk disapproval to state what might be an unpopular opinion. King George in 1776 wasn't to thrilled with the idea of revolution either.

In before 15 stupid GIFs

13 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Hogwash! 

You are a goldmine for meme potential and I love you.

It's not a meme, it's the law Man..or have you not heard of " all men are created equal " and the 1st ammendment.

and I love you too.

some of us actually believe in what our flag and constitution stand for. Even in a relatively minor forum such as this. As Voltaire said: "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

42 minutes ago, Bill Neftleberg said:

It's not a meme, it's the law Man..or have you not heard of " all men are created equal " and the 1st ammendment.

and I love you too.

some of us actually believe in what our flag and constitution stand for. Even in a relatively minor forum such as this. As Voltaire said: "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

DD84076C-41FD-429D-BEC8-878BA82358A5.gif

2 hours ago, Bill Neftleberg said:

@ukyah: first off this is a fans message board. Everyone who is a fan is entitled to post here. I called Lou a bully because that's what he is, pure and simple. Any one who thinks they have a right to try and intimidate another poster or roast any other for expressing their opinion is a bully. It is what it is. 

anyone who thinks that by the sheer force of their personality, that they can tread on another's free speech is a bully and I will call them on it. And as for stradlings position that real men don't call other men bullies, Hogwash!!! It takes a person with conviction to stand up in a community and risk disapproval to state what might be an unpopular opinion. King George in 1776 wasn't to thrilled with the idea of revolution either. I guess that if there was a public forum back then he would have called all Americans trolls and douchebags too.

and I love you too.

Laugh Out Loud.

Good For You.

shut up 

This is a privately owned message board and no one is entitled to squat.

cinemagraph GIF