• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels employee details team's knowledge of Tyler Skaggs' drug use to DEA

Chuck

I have to believe that if anyone in the org had known that Kay was obtaining and then selling drugs to ANYONE, let alone to others within the org, he would have been so fired. 

there also a big difference between finding out that someone hangs out or parties with a guy who is known to do some drugs and actually being told that the someone is doing drugs.   

people around here probably have plenty of friends or others they've hung out with who do recreational drugs but they themselves do not partake in such.  

how far are people in various orgs supposed to run with their assumptions about associations?  

Interesting, that his wedding video which showed him cupping something between his right ring finger and right pinkie while passing out the mini bottles of Fireball to his grooms men has been taken down off youtube.

They all did the shot then Tyler popped the pills in his right hand under the two fingers and said....I'm good for the night!

Maybe, one of his buddies/grooms men helped or knew it (about his usage) also? 

I'm just going to say. Having had numerous procedures done and knowing the pain killers that were prescribed by the doctors. It probably started there post surgery. It happens. Lost my brother in law to opiate abuse and later he had a massive heart attack and also choked on his own vomit in a hotel room.

Opiate usage for pain and later through addiction kills thousands.

It's sad that this is the way it went down. But, thousands of people a day lose their fathers, mothers, sons, daughters, nephews, cousins everyday. Due to opiate abuse.

He was an athlete which is why this has the traction that it has. I am hopeful, something will change as it's big business in the USA. Through Tyler's loss we may in the end start to see some importance dropped on this killer.

18 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

How do you guys define “front office”?

the media guide lists page 27-52 of various personnel listing over 200 people.  The Angels have probably close to 1000 employees overall.  That's was kinda my assumption that it's a pretty large crew.  

13 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

the media guide lists page 27-52 of various personnel listing over 200 people.  The Angels have probably close to 1000 employees overall.  That's was kinda my assumption that it's a pretty large crew.  

Exactly. It’s a very large crew. 

The team president and a junior sales rep are all in there, but they certainly are not all equal. And MLB would not view them as such when deciding whether the Angels should be punished, or how they should be punished, for failure to report. 

8 hours ago, Tank said:

i wonder if there's a guy in texas who supplies players and the feds have had their eye on him in the past but now there's a possible connection to him and skaggs that could blow the lid off his business. maybe i'm not wording it well but there might be a bigger connection/story here than we know at this point.

Its possible. Wouldnt even have to be Texas, could be back here, too.

To back @Dochalo, agreed. If it was known in the org Kay was getting hard drugs for players, Im almost sure (only saying almost because I dont work there) he would have been fired outright. Along with anyone else doing it.

Each player is an investment. If they knew Skaggs was abusing something Im sure they would have stepped in for the same reason.

By they, I mean the top brass. The players may have known, but even then Im sure it was kept quiet... like most people who use.

I once saw one of the coaches lose his shit and destroy a certain pitcher for drinking ONE beer. It was the night they clinched in 2014, and everybody was partying. But this pitched had some kind of strain, so the coach was reaming him because alcohol dehydrates, need water for strains, etc etc. And it was one beer.

So id have to think if they knew skaggs was hooked on pills...

3 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Ill add here that sosh wouldnt have come close to allowing it. I almost wonder if ausmus wss let go because of all this. Maybe not that he "knew", but more that he should have.

Interesting idea.

On 10/15/2019 at 7:04 PM, jsnpritchett said:

Read the article before jumping to conclusions, folks.

"A representative for pitcher Trevor Cahill confirmed that his client was questioned by U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration agents in Texas in September.

Pitcher Andrew Heaney -- Skaggs’ closest friend on the team -- pitcher Noe Ramirez and pitcher Matt Harvey -- who was released by the team July 21 -- also were questioned, according the person familiar with the investigation. The names of the other two players questioned are not known.

People familiar with the interviews said the players weren’t targeted for suspected of using opiates or implicated in any potential crime."

Maybe this was already memtioned, but that bottom part is key. 

Of the supposed 5 Kay mentioned, I imagine 2 were hamilton and hanson.

20 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Ill add here that sosh wouldnt have come close to allowing it. I almost wonder if ausmus wss let go because of all this. Maybe not that he "knew", but more that he should have.

this started before Ausmus got here.  It was clear that Skaggs and MS didn't see eye to eye based on certain comments Skaggs make when MS was on the way out.  I think it was because Skaggs like to 'party'.  Did MS think he was abusing drugs?  I doubt it, but my guess is that he questioned his dedication and knew Skaggs like to 'have fun' between starts.  My guess is that's the reason MS didn't like Napoli.  But I don't think Ausmus was privy to any more than Mike.  

1 minute ago, Dochalo said:

this started before Ausmus got here.  It was clear that Skaggs and MS didn't see eye to eye based on certain comments Skaggs make when MS was on the way out.  I think it was because Skaggs like to 'party'.  Did MS think he was abusing drugs?  I doubt it, but my guess is that he questioned his dedication and knew Skaggs like to 'have fun' between starts.  My guess is that's the reason MS didn't like Napoli.  But I don't think Ausmus was privy to any more than Mike.  

Im not saying I think Ausmus knew. Im wondering if it may have been a case that he was more hands off than Sosh (no idea if he was or wasnt), and if perhaps things got more out of hand.

These are things we probably wont ever hear about (for good reason).

4 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Gotcha. I havent read any of Kays statement, I assumed he meant since hes been with the org.

The five names were guys Skaggs told Kay he wanted Kay to get drugs for. Skaggs was acting as a go between for those guys. If I understood correctly, Kay said he didn’t have direct contact with those five.