• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Unwritten Rule

1 hour ago, Dtwncbad said:

Speaking of punk ass moves:

A ridiculously stacked girls softball team in All Stars last weekend. . .

These girls are all 12 years old but one team had at least 10 players that would absolutely pass for high school seniors or even college freshman.  From Bonita Valley.  Most areas have regular recreational softball and any real premium players move on the appropriate travel ball teams.  But Bonita Valley deliberately yanks back all their super premium very best travel ball players to play in the "Rec" All Star tournaments (again against all normal rec teams who do not have ANY premium travel ball players).

So this team is slaughtering everyone and they are up 13-0 in the second inning.  They have hit multiple over the fence homers and have hit rockets all over the field.

Our team plays infield corners deep to basically prevent injury to the girls since we already had our thirdbaseman have to leave the game getting drilled in the ankle with a line drive.

So what do they do up 13-0 with corners back in a disgusting mismatch?

Bunted for base hits twice.

Total Facking assholes.

Huge difference between fielding a stacked team versus a play happening between two relatively evenly matched teams though.
and dont get me started about travel ball bullshit... i am still trying to forget a lot of that from my time in it with my girls 

I think the key word is professionalism. These are professional athletes. If I have a no-hitter going and someone gets a bunt off of me late, do you know who I'm mad at? Myself. Getting a no-hitter is difficult because it takes so much focus. You have to be prepared for these things because it's a part of the game. So if your infielder made an error for what would be the 27th out of the perfect game, would you retaliate with a punch in the back too? 

1 hour ago, SoPas Angel said:

Wait, it was a COMBINED no-hitter? If it were a perfect game or one pitcher throwing it, I would understand the anger, though not necessarily agree with it. 

Being pissed about bunting to break up a minor league, combined no-hitter is about as lame as you can get. 

I personally 100% reject any validity of a "combined" no hitter.  The bottom line is neither pitcher pitched a no hitter.

It is about as stupid and meaningless as a "combined cycle" for the starting LF and the guy that replaced him in the 8th.  The bottom line is neither hitter hit for the cycle.

Combined no-hitter means literally nothing to me.  Nothing.

Edited by Dtwncbad

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

No, you wouldn’t.  You would be pissed off.  We would all be pissed off if someone bunted against us to break up a no hitter.  To me if the game is out of hand, 5 plus runs, in the 8th or 9th inning, then bunting is chickenshit.  Now lets say, it is 5-0 and the pitcher gets wild and walks 2 or 3 guys in a row, and now you are starting to see some crack in the armor where a bunt might bring up the tying run, then yea, bunting is fair game.  

My thoughts exactly.

Edited by Fish Oil

4 hours ago, arch stanton said:

F*ck you and your no hitter. As long as I have outs I have life and I’m doing whatever I can to score some runs and I expect you to do the same 

Pretty much what Erick Aybar felt when the Angels were down only 3-0 in the 8th inning at Detroit vs Verlander back in 2011. The bunt wasn't even a good one and Verlander fielded it with ease then threw the ball away. Aybar reached base on an error so the no-hitter was still intact. But Velrander lost his shit and ended up surrendering 2 runs on 4 hits. He threated Aybar with a beaning from the mound after the bunt. The Angels somehow for the next four years managed to not match up with Verlander on the mound until August 26, 2015. Aybar went 0-3 and grounded into a double play but was never knocked down. Toothless Tiger.

7 hours ago, Dtwncbad said:

These girls are all 12 years old but one team had at least 10 players that would absolutely pass for high school seniors or even college freshman.  From Bonita Valley.  Most areas have regular recreational softball and any real premium players move on the appropriate travel ball teams.  But Bonita Valley deliberately yanks back all their super premium very best travel ball players to play in the "Rec" All Star tournaments (again against all normal rec teams who do not have ANY premium travel ball players).

So this team is slaughtering everyone and they are up 13-0 in the second inning.  They have hit multiple over the fence homers and have hit rockets all over the field.

Our team plays infield corners deep to basically prevent injury to the girls since we already had our thirdbaseman have to leave the game getting drilled in the ankle with a line drive.

Total Facking assholes.

Should have drilled the next 4 batters and walked off the field.

8 minutes ago, Blarg said:

I guess the guy at the plate during a no-hitter has to ask himself, the next time he goes 0-3 in a game his team leads, will the same opposing pitcher throw him a bone and serve up a hitable pitch? I think you know the answer is F no. 

pretty much... pitcher sees a chance to put the golden sombrero on a guy that can hit a curveball hes getting a steady diet of uncle charlie... Cry me a Facking river "oh he bunted on me"... dont throw one right down the middle most guys cant bunt anything else anymore.
Its a one sided argument and pitchers are prima donnas 

It doesn’t surprise me that the majority of fans don’t give a shit unless it happens to one of their own players. 

Suppose Trout had the opportunity for a Historic Night (all-time RBI record in a single game only needing a hit in his last AB) and the game is a blowout ... then the pitcher decides to put him on intentionally for no reason at all but only to deny him. 

There are unwritten rules in baseball  ... like it or not

9 hours ago, Dtwncbad said:

Total Facking assholes.

Play better

40 minutes ago, Hot Damn! said:

I’ve been away for awhile. What’d I miss?

Um, Chuck is sick. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Chuck pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

8 minutes ago, Lou said:

Um, Chuck is sick. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Chuck pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Thanks for the recap. I feel like I’m all caught up now.