• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Unwritten Rule

11 hours ago, Stradling said:

They cheat back to have wider range on balls hit to prevent base hits.  So no, they don’t really play back because of some unwritten rule.

So, they cheat back to have a wider range on balls to prevent hits...safe in the knowledge that batters can't try and bunt for a base hit because of an unwritten rule...

1 minute ago, Taylor said:

In this case, the pitcher is a woman and the hitter is a gentleman by not bunting?

It’s just a example of a unwritten rule. They’re are many unwritten rules in life. It’s up to the individual to comply or not. 

Todays generation is very different from my own. Your attempt to be cute is noted. 

23 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

Unwritten rules are not rules ... they’re usually based on integrity and respect. It’s up to the individual to comply or not. 

Example: It’s a unwritten rule to open the door for a female. 

This one has become tricky.  Now doing stuff like holding a door open for a woman can be viewed as sexist or signs of the "patriarchy".  I've actually been admonished and lectured about it a couple times now.   The second time was great cause I cut her off and said, "relax I was holding it open for this guy" and the dude I pointed to responded with "thanks buddy!"   Toxic masculinity for the win.

These are stupid times... Or maybe there are just more stupid people. 

Where is the Maginot Line where a bunt becomes a bad thing?

Nobody would argue that the first batter of the game bunting breaks an unwritten rule, correct?

Yet if it is done in the 9th inning, it becomes uncivlized and wrong.

So, Unwritten Rules experts, at what point does a bunt become unchivalrous?

Edited by yk9001