• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Unwritten Rule

You may have heard about this and I wanted to know where you stand. https://www.mlb.com/news/bunt-ends-no-hitter-in-minors-causes-controversy?partnerId=ed-13902598-1146633633

I think a team should be prepared for any hit no matter what the situation. I don't think it's a crime to break up a no-hitter with a bunt.

5 minutes ago, Torridd said:

You may have heard about this and I wanted to know where you stand. https://www.mlb.com/news/bunt-ends-no-hitter-in-minors-causes-controversy?partnerId=ed-13902598-1146633633

I think a team should be prepared for any hit no matter what the situation. I don't think it's a crime to break up a no-hitter with a bunt.

Depends on the score. It’s a punk ass move if you losing by 5 runs or more imo. 

1 minute ago, floplag said:

2 things...
#1 if its not written its not a rule. period.  
#2 From the offensive standpoint why should they not use anything they can?  who the hell wants to get no-hit?   Why is it on them to follow some unwritten rule and be at disadvantage.

No team wants to be no hit ... then just man up and get a hit. In a close game situation then all bets are off like the one posted above. 

Most players understand the unwritten rule anyways ... so it rarely happens. 

I was at the Weaver no hit game and I and everyone on this board would of been pissed if a bunt took away that magical accomplishment away from him and the team. 

11 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Yes we’d all be pissed if Minnesota bunted to break up Weaver’s no hitter, the game was 9-0 after four innings.  If it were 2-0, I’d hate it but wouldn’t judge the Twins.  

I don't want to be no-hit no matter what the score is.

28 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

No team wants to be no hit ... then just man up and get a hit. In a close game situation then all bets are off like the one posted above. 

Most players understand the unwritten rule anyways ... so it rarely happens. 

I was at the Weaver no hit game and I and everyone on this board would of been pissed if a bunt took away that magical accomplishment away from him and the team. 

i wouldnt.  if the team cant field a freaking bunt then they dont deserve the no hitter as far as im concerned. 
The butthurt is ego, not reality 

Speaking of punk ass moves:

A ridiculously stacked girls softball team in All Stars last weekend. . .

These girls are all 12 years old but one team had at least 10 players that would absolutely pass for high school seniors or even college freshman.  From Bonita Valley.  Most areas have regular recreational softball and any real premium players move on the appropriate travel ball teams.  But Bonita Valley deliberately yanks back all their super premium very best travel ball players to play in the "Rec" All Star tournaments (again against all normal rec teams who do not have ANY premium travel ball players).

So this team is slaughtering everyone and they are up 13-0 in the second inning.  They have hit multiple over the fence homers and have hit rockets all over the field.

Our team plays infield corners deep to basically prevent injury to the girls since we already had our thirdbaseman have to leave the game getting drilled in the ankle with a line drive.

So what do they do up 13-0 with corners back in a disgusting mismatch?

Bunted for base hits twice.

Total Facking assholes.

31 minutes ago, floplag said:

i wouldnt.  if the team cant field a freaking bunt then they dont deserve the no hitter as far as im concerned. 
The butthurt is ego, not reality 

I totally agree. A bunt is one of the easiest plays to field.

23 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

I would take this as a compliment if I'm the pitcher. Your stuff is so dominating that the only chance they have is to try a bunt.

No, you wouldn’t.  You would be pissed off.  We would all be pissed off if someone bunted against us to break up a no hitter.  To me if the game is out of hand, 5 plus runs, in the 8th or 9th inning, then bunting is chickenshit.  Now lets say, it is 5-0 and the pitcher gets wild and walks 2 or 3 guys in a row, and now you are starting to see some crack in the armor where a bunt might bring up the tying run, then yea, bunting is fair game.  

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

No, you wouldn’t.  You would be pissed off.  We would all be pissed off if someone bunted against us to break up a no hitter.  To me if the game is out of hand, 5 plus runs, in the 8th or 9th inning, then bunting is chickenshit.  Now lets say, it is 5-0 and the pitcher gets wild and walks 2 or 3 guys in a row, and now you are starting to see some crack in the armor where a bunt might bring up the tying run, then yea, bunting is fair game.  

Yes I would. You don't know how I think. This reminds me of when some poster told me I would buy a mansion if I was a millionaire after posting that it's too much house for me and I would rather put that money towards getting homeless people into homes and using that money for people that actually need it instead of being selfish.

It reminds me of back when I used to play the strategy game Starcraft on PC ?. 'Cheese' was the term given for breaking the unwritten rule of doing an all-or-nothing move with a low chance of success against a superior opponent early in a game. Good players focus on building towards the late game, and these unwritten rules led to them putting 0 resources into defense early. Sometimes people would get so butt-hurt that they'd act like total douche bags and do things like unplug their ethernet connection so you'd have to wait several minutes with the game frozen or threaten to come to your house and murder you then rape your corpse. Yeah, people hate losing and it's easy to blame anyone other than yourself.