• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2019 MLB Draft Thread

How Lower Merion's Jack Kochanowicz decided to become a Los Angeles Angel

"It was well over the slotted bonus value of $637,600, according to MLB.com....My agent called and asked, ‘The Angels’ GM is offering this, are we saying yes or no?’ I said, ‘Yes,’"

https://www.phillyvoice.com/mlb-draft-lower-merion-harriton-high-school-jack-kochanowicz-signs-will-sign-los-angeles-angels/

11    Brent Killam            L/L    5-11    180    03/26/98        LHP        JR

Brent Killam ready to chase MLB dream with LA Angels

'Killam made sure there is a stipulation in his contract that will allow him to return to Georgetown this fall and in the fall of 2020 to complete his finance degree.But for now, he’s headed out to Tempe, Arizona next week to be evaluated by the Angels at their spring training facility;

https://www.yoursun.com/venice/sports/brent-killam-ready-to-chase-mlb-dream-with-la-angels/article_74389aa8-895a-11e9-b8d4-97d595f4f131.html

16    Dakota Donovan        R/R    6-6    230    07/25/97        RHP        J1

Former Pine View pitching ace Donovan selected by Angels in Major League Baseball draft

"Donovan said he is excited to begin working with the Angels organization, which has several minor-league affiliates in its farm club system, including two in Utah, namely the Orem Owlz and the Salt Lake Bees.

Donovan said that while details are still being finalized, he expects to begin workouts with team officials soon."

https://www.stgeorgeutah.com/news/archive/2019/06/08/spo-jmr-former-pine-view-pitching-ace-donovan-selected-by-angels-in-major-league-baseball-draft/#.XPwLDp_Pw64

1 hour ago, John Smith said:

How Lower Merion's Jack Kochanowicz decided to become a Los Angeles Angel

"It was well over the slotted bonus value of $637,600, according to MLB.com....My agent called and asked, ‘The Angels’ GM is offering this, are we saying yes or no?’ I said, ‘Yes,’"

https://www.phillyvoice.com/mlb-draft-lower-merion-harriton-high-school-jack-kochanowicz-signs-will-sign-los-angeles-angels/

Welcome aboard, Jack!

Lower Merion, a certain former Laker came from there.

MLB Draft Signing Deadline?

This year, the deadline is July 12 at 5 p.m. ET. Most draftees will sign well before that deadline, but by the evening of July 12 every team and every college will know which players are going to school and which players are going pro.

https://www.baseballamerica.com/stories/when-is-the-mlb-draft-signing-deadline/

14    Zac Kristofak            R/R    5-9    185    12/08/97        RHP        JR

zackristofak

Disciple of Jesus Christ | Professional Baseball Player for The Los Angeles Angels Organization

• zackristofak

First off, I would like to thank THE University of Georgia for the best three years of my life. Playing at UGA and being able to call myself a Bulldog has been one of the biggest honors of my life. To my teammates, I love each and everyone of you like a brother and will for the rest of my life. I would like to thank The @angels for giving me the opportunity to pursue my dream of becoming a Major League Baseball player, and I am beyond excited to take my next step. #DGD

24    Shane Kelso             R/R    6-3    220    08/26/97        RHP        JR

Fernley's Kelso drafted by Angels

"Fernley High School graduate Shane Kelso has signed with the Los Angeles Angels."

https://www.rgj.com/story/news/local/leader-courier/2019/06/10/fernleys-kelso-drafted-angels/1415026001/

36 minutes ago, John Smith said:

Even more @MLBDraft senior signs: Scott Ota, 10th rd, @Mets, $1k (pick 298 = $145,300) Chad Sykes, 10th rd, @Angels, $7,500 (pick 301 = $144,600)

So that’s almost $630k saved between Wilson and Sykes.

And for those unfamiliar, Kochanawicz was expected to go in the supplemental round or 2nd round. It was believed that without being an above slot bonus, on par with a 1st-2nd round selection, that he simply wouldn't sign and instead go to Virginia. It's also believed that if he went to Virginia, he'd be an upper first round selection in three years. 

He throws an easy 92-93 with minimal effort. With a higher leg kick, he'll hit 95 consistently, but that throws his release point off and scored more effort than necessary. Kind of like a right handed Heaney. His breaking ball is already plus-plus and he throws it for strike. His frame shows area for building strength, so in 2-3 years, he could be throwing an easy 95-96.

So the Angels went over slot on someone that will immediately become one of their most promising pitching prospects, right behind Soriano and Rodriguez. Maybe Yan too.

• (1) SS Will Wilson ($3.4m vs. $3.89m)
  • (3) RHP SP Jack Kochanowicz (overslot $638k+)
  • (10) RHP Chad Sykes ($7,500 vs. $144.6k)
  • (11) LHP Brent Killam (???)
  • (14) RHP Zac Kristofak ($125k)
  • (16) RHP Dakota Donovan (???)
  • (24) RHP Shane Kelso (???)
  • (33) C Justin Kunz (???)
  • (UDFA) RHP James Varela (???)

Matches what I have, @ScruffytheJanitor

1. The #Angels have signed second-rounder Kyren Paris, a Cal commit from Freedom High (Oakley, Calif.).

He's at Angel Stadium tonight so we'll hear from him for the first time soon.

40 minutes ago, John Smith said:
Fabian ArdayaVerified account @FabianArdaya
FollowingFollowing @FabianArdaya
More

Angels second-rounder Kyren Paris’ agreed with the Angels at $1.4 million, a source tells The Athletic. The slot value of the pick (Round 2, No. 55 overall) was $1.31 million.

after that interview, this kid is one of my new favorite guys to follow.