• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2019 MLB Draft Thread

4 minutes ago, Stradling said:

So who is the guy they drafted really late, like the 35th round, that they don’t expect to sign?  Are they going to have the money to sign him?

there's actually a couple of other guys though that they aren't likely to sign but some savvy pool management could get one of them.  Shane Kelso rd 24, or Kenyon Yovan round 27.  And the UCLA kid from the 26th.  Kyle Molnar.  

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

Did he already say he is going to college? Or we just won’t have enough money to sign him.  

They were talking about him going in the late or so.  A value of about 1mil or slightly more.  

I think they're about even or slightly over slot by about 100k for picks 1-4.  They saved 150k for pick 10 and a few bucks for 8 and 9.  

They've still got the 350k of 5% overage available so they are likely about 400k out in front right now.  I think 5, 6 and 7 might save then another 100-200k at best.  Probably end up at slot.  

So they'd likely be 4-500k short of signing a guy like Jones.  

I think Coleman Crow was another unlikely. 

25 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

there's actually a couple of other guys though that they aren't likely to sign but some savvy pool management could get one of them.  Shane Kelso rd 24, or Kenyon Yovan round 27.  And the UCLA kid from the 26th.  Kyle Molnar.  

Fernley High School graduate Shane Kelso has signed with the Los Angeles Angels.

https://www.rgj.com/story/news/local/leader-courier/2019/06/10/fernleys-kelso-drafted-angels/1415026001/

This is what I have so far....

• (1) SS Will Wilson ($3.4m vs. $3.89m slot) (+$490k)
  • (2) SS Kyren Paris ($1.4m vs ($1.3m) (-$100k)
  • (3) RHP Jack Kochanowicz ($1.25m vs. $638k) (-$612.4k)
  • (4) LHP/OF Erik Rivera ($597.5k vs. $473.7k) (-$123.8k)
  • (5) RHP Garrett Stallings ($353.7k slot)
  • (6) RHP Zach Peek ($270.3k slot)
  • (7) RHP Davis Daniel ($211.5k slot)
  • (8) RHP Kyle Brnovich ($168.7k vs. $171.2k) (+$2.5k)
  • (9) RHP Zach Linginfelter ($150.8k vs. $153.3k) (+$2.5k)
  • (10) RHP Chad Sykes ($7.5k vs. $144.6k) (+$137.1k)

• (11) LHP Brent Killam  ($???)
  • (12) LHP Jack Dashwood 
  • (13) RHP Edwin Sanchez ($???)
  • (14) RHP Zac Kristofak ($125k)
  • (15) RHP Greg Veliz ($???)
  • (16) RHP Dakota Donovan ($???)
  • (17) OF Brandon White ($???)
  • (18)  LHP Ryan Smith ($???)
  • (19) LHP Garrett Lawson
  • (20) RHP Jared Southard (will go to UTexas)
  • (21) RHP Andrew Blake ($125k)
  • (22) SS Morgan McCullough ($???)
  • (23) OF Matthew Corlew
  • (24) RHP Shane Kelso ($???)
  • (25) C Anthony Mulrine ($???)
  • (26) RHP Kyle Molnar ($122.5k)
  • (27) RHP Kenyon Yovan
  • (28) RHP Coleman Crow
  • (29) OF Matthew Woods ($???)
  • (30) 3B/RHP Anthony Bash ($???)
  • (31) OF/LHP Spencer Jones
  • (32) RHP Chase Walter
  • (33) C Justin Kunz ($???)
  • (34) RHP Ridge Chapman ($???)
  • (35) RHP Vincent Bianchi
  • (36) SS Keaton Weisz ($???)
  • (37) OF Levi Usher 
  • (38) RHP Luke Boyd (will go to Baylor)
  • (39) SS Spencer Brown ($???)
  • (40) RHP Tyson Heaton
  • (UDFA) RHP James Varela ($???)
  • (UDFA) RHP Dalton Rice ($???)
  • (UDFA) LHP John Cain ($???)
Edited by totdprods

I am not very confident they will sign any more hs players. Picks 5,6,7,12,19,21,26,27 are the remaining picks that could still be picked . Some of those picks are 4 year juniors. The rest of those picks are sr’s.  If all these guys sign, and none of the hs guys sign, the final total would be 30 .

3 minutes ago, greginpsca said:

I am not very confident they will sign any more hs players. Picks 5,6,7,12,19,21,26,27 are the remaining picks that could still be picked . Some of those picks are 4 year juniors. The rest of those picks are sr’s.  If all these guys sign, and none of the hs guys sign, the final total would be 30 .

I bet they sign one of Corlew or Crow. 

13 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

I bet they sign one of Corlew or Crow. 

Yeah, they have some room to play still, unless Kochanowicz cost them a big, big overlay. Don’t think Stallings or Peek will be too much. Daniel might need a little work. 

Definitely think they have room to pull in an interesting name or two in the post-20th luck guys.

Pretty happy with this draft. Between this year and last we’ve really increased the volume of decent pitching on the farm to make up for our hitting wave in advanced levels. If we can get some of the lower-level bats to start growing like our last crop did, this becomes a Top 5 farm next year even with graduations.

Edited by totdprods

1 minute ago, totdprods said:

Yeah, they have some room to play still, unless Kochanowicz cost them a big, big overlay. Don’t think Stallings or Peek will be too much. Daniel might need a little work. 

Definitely think they have room to pull in an interesting name or two in the post-20th luck guys.

Pretty happy with this draft. 

the upside of this draft has left me underwhelmed which means we'll likely end up with a couple of superstars.  

I don't dislike it because who the f**k knows.  

I have to remind myself that I thought Nonie Williams was going to be a star.  

2 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

the upside of this draft has left me underwhelmed which means we'll likely end up with a couple of superstars.  

I don't dislike it because who the f**k knows.  

I have to remind myself that I thought Nonie Williams was going to be a star.  

I don’t think there’s a ton of upside but I think, especially with the pitchers, we’ll find a couple arms that are only mid-rotation guys at best, but advance quickly. Basically, the volume of pitching has me really happy, especially seeing last year’s class doing so well.

1 hour ago, totdprods said:

Pretty happy with this draft. Between this year and last we’ve really increased the volume of decent pitching on the farm to make up for our hitting wave in advanced levels. If we can get some of the lower-level bats to start growing like our last crop did, this becomes a Top 5 farm next year even with graduations.

I thought I read that Stallings and Peek were as good as signed, but they clearly haven't been....