• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

So Cozart pretty much blows

Chuck

4 minutes ago, eligrba said:

I can wait.....

And I'm the troll...

The point is there were better options available nearly every offseason than Nava, Gentry, Soto, Espinosa, Kinsler, Valbuena, etc etc etc..

This has been argued ad nauseam.  Most love Eppler.  Some think it's okay to point out he's made some bad decisions.  It's okay that we disagree.  

8 minutes ago, Quinlanforthewin said:

And I'm the troll...

The point is there were better options available nearly every offseason than Nava, Gentry, Soto, Espinosa, Kinsler, Valbuena, etc etc etc..

This has been argued ad nauseam.  Most love Eppler.  Some think it's okay to point out he's made some bad decisions.  It's okay that we disagree.  

Does this mean we're not getting the list?

2 minutes ago, True Grich said:

I think some of you have unrealistic expectations for every single position. No one fields 9 all stars every game.

The Angels' biggest problem when it comes to position players over the last several years... is not that they've had several non all stars... it's that they've had far too many players that went even close to decent.

I think they've had a lot of bad luck in that regard.

I thought Cozart would be an upgrade. It was difficult not to be. It now looks like he might might be as unproductive as his predecessors. 

The eternal optimist in me wants to believe that each new season will yield better results. Four games in is too early to make a solid prediction on how the year will go. It’s also too early to throw in the towel on someone. Bour, Cozart, La Stella, the pitchers, et al need a good solid month for me to feel like I have a clear picture of each player. 

That said, I’m frustrated they didn’t jump out of the gate better this weekend. Hopefully they get it going in Seattle and we see positive things from more of the struggling players.

1 hour ago, Lou said:

I'd venture to guess that every GM misses on a majority of players they get. 

Re: Cozart he looks like he's gonna be a miss. But yeah all GMs gonna miss here and there, really what I believe sets the great ones apart is the manager hire.

57 minutes ago, Tank said:

The eternal optimist in me wants to believe that each new season will yield better results. Four games in is too early to make a solid prediction on how the year will go. It’s also too early to throw in the towel on someone. Bour, Cozart, La Stella, the pitchers, et al need a good solid month for me to feel like I have a clear picture of each player. 

That said, I’m frustrated they didn’t jump out of the gate better this weekend. Hopefully they get it going in Seattle and we see positive things from more of the struggling players.

It's tiring that most of our new acquisitions on offense always seem need a month of sucking before we can be sure they really suck.

9 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

He's a better SS and 2B than 3B defensively, he's looked awful at the hot corner, but to make matters worse he's not worth shit at the plate. This is going back to his first season with us prior to getting injured. 

It looks like the Angels paid a man 30+ million after having a career year in Cincy. Cozart was pretty below average at the plate prior to his 2017 season.

The Halos need one of Ward or Rojas to come out of the gate hot in AAA so they could get a shot at 3B, moving Cozart to 2B.

I really feel Eppler made a bad signing here, but I hope I'm proven wrong.

At least Cozart had a history of being ok.  I think it's admirable  that he is trying to play out of position to be part of this team.  His hitting will come around.  He is no La Stella.