• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

So Cozart pretty much blows

Chuck

He's a better SS and 2B than 3B defensively, he's looked awful at the hot corner, but to make matters worse he's not worth shit at the plate. This is going back to his first season with us prior to getting injured. 

It looks like the Angels paid a man 30+ million after having a career year in Cincy. Cozart was pretty below average at the plate prior to his 2017 season.

The Halos need one of Ward or Rojas to come out of the gate hot in AAA so they could get a shot at 3B, moving Cozart to 2B.

I really feel Eppler made a bad signing here, but I hope I'm proven wrong.

Eppler has yet to really strike gold on any of these players he’s tried to fill out the roster with. 

Ohtani and Simmons are for sure big wins for him.  Especially Ohtani.  Upton was a nice get and of course he gets credit for extending Trout.  But for the most part his major league acquisitions have been pretty bad. 

Blake Parker is I guess his best get so far outside of the aforementioned big ones. 

14 hours ago, Jay said:

So does Bour.

I’m a lot less worried about Bour.  He’s going to get on base.  He’ll probably get 30 homers if he keeps getting everyday AB’s.  When pitchers fuc*k up he’s gonna crush them. 

The problem with Cozart, going back to last year is that he’s literally shown nothing.  Also, a big part of the appeal with him was presumably that he’d be a great glove at 2B.  They have him at 3rd and he fu*cking sucks at it. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

While I remain very optimistic regarding the teams outlook moving forward(not so much this season), I will say that thus far during his tenure, Eppler hasn't really done well when it comes to evaluating hitters. Granted, he's mostly been dumpster diving in that regard as well, but I can't recall any of his FA bats working out or providing much of anything to the team. At least he's hitting on his trades for hitters(Simba and Upton)

7 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

While I remain very optimistic regarding the teams outlook moving forward(not so much this season), I will say that thus far during his tenure, Eppler hasn't really done well when it comes to evaluating hitters. Granted, he's mostly been dumpster diving in that regard as well, but I can't recall any of his FA bats working out or providing much of anything to the team. At least he's hitting on his trades for hitters(Simba and Upton)

I said this four days ago, albeit in a slightly harsher tone, and was labeled an edgy troll.  All I'm saying is it's time to place some of the blame for the losing on Eppler.  He's been far from perfect

33 minutes ago, Kody Mac said:

While Eppler has done a fantastic and admirable job fixing the farm, he has consistently struck out on his free agent signings, not named Ohtani-nanana

Simmons, Upton, Maldanado were good trades, farm has been upgraded, impressive cheap pitching pick ups.....some position player FA signings/trades have been pretty bad—-Valbuena, Espinosa, Cozart, Kinsler....

2 hours ago, Quinlanforthewin said:

I said this four days ago, albeit in a slightly harsher tone, and was labeled an edgy troll.  All I'm saying is it's time to place some of the blame for the losing on Eppler.  He's been far from perfect

In all honesty, Eppler has not had many free agent options. It's hard to hold him accountable when the selection has been bad.

Least favorite player on the team. He was a combo of bad and injured in Cincinnati except for his contract year. He's a drain on the payroll, his defense isn't even close to as advertised and he's blocking better prospects/players from playing. 

Its one thing to measure a player by their WAR, but then you have to factor in the amount of wins he's preventing from blocking prospects worth a darn and earning money that would've been better spent elsewhere.

He's very much a negative asset.

2 hours ago, DMVol said:

Simmons, Upton, Maldanado were good trades, farm has been upgraded, impressive cheap pitching pick ups.....some position player FA signings/trades have been pretty bad—-Valbuena, Espinosa, Cozart, Kinsler....

At least Kinsler netted us Buttrey

2 hours ago, eligrba said:

In all honesty, Eppler has not had many free agent options. It's hard to hold him accountable when the selection has been bad.

No it's not.  He's missed on the majority of the players he's chosen.  I'm not expecting above average production from these cheap signings, but if he's going to sign a guy to be a starter, they need to at least be average-below average.  So many of the guys he signed were just awful for us. 

19 minutes ago, Quinlanforthewin said:

No it's not.  He's missed on the majority of the players he's chosen.  I'm not expecting above average production from these cheap signings, but if he's going to sign a guy to be a starter, they need to at least be average-below average.  So many of the guys he signed were just awful for us. 

Who was available that Eppler did not sign that would have been better?

That was my point.