• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Arte Moreno vs Gene Autry

Might get some heat for this one, but In lieu of the Trout deal and Arte doing everything under the sun (sometimes too much) to make the Angels a winning franchise, which was/has been the better owner? Gene Autry was not without his faults (Nolan Ryan comes to mind).

Obviously the Angels wouldn't exist had it not been for the singing cowboy, but Arte doesn't get the recognition I feel he is entitled. We could have a much worse owner. This Trout deal makes this a question worth asking, just for kicks.

Just now, Blarg said:

Without Autry the Angels don't exist. Ponder that.

When I think of it in that respect, I have no idea if I would even be a baseball fan.  I mean I love the game, but growing up where I did, the fact that my dad drove a taxi around Anaheim and would get us free tickets.  I’d love to think I would have still latched on to the game, but that is no guarantee.  

4 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Without Autry the Angels don't exist, this thread doesn't exist, you guys are forced to pay attention at work. Ponder that.

Doubt it

if we all love the game we’d all be rooting for another team. Most likely the dodgers and complaining about them lol

12 minutes ago, True Grich said:

Why does one have to be considered better than the other?  I think us Angel fans are fortunate to have had both. The crazy thing is this franchise won its only title with Disney as its owner. 

I don't know, yep, and yep.

1 hour ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Might get some heat for this one, but In lieu of the Trout deal and Arte doing everything under the sun (sometimes too much) to make the Angels a winning franchise, which was/has been the better owner? Gene Autry was not without his faults (Nolan Ryan comes to mind).

Obviously the Angels wouldn't exist had it not been for the singing cowboy, but Arte doesn't get the recognition I feel he is entitled. We could have a much worse owner. This Trout deal makes this a question worth asking, just for kicks.

Autry spent money like water and I loved him for it!