• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

I've been resisting it, but...we're gonna lose Trout

Glen

Furthermore it really isn't "$20M more than Harper." Consider:

1. Trout is a year older, so to compare we have to go back a year and imagine a contract extension from 2018 on.

2. That would mean: 3x33 for 2018-20 + 10/350 = 13/450, or 120M more than Harper.

So yeah, seems like a good offer to me.

It going to come down to just how well we do these next two seasons, if we are a playoff team and our system continues to improve , this increases our chances! also don't forget that both team finished with the same record as last year, and that's with us loosing Richards, Ohtani and Skagg.  One other thing, Trout wants to win, and phillies have added  a few nice pieces to their line-up in Segura, McCuthen, Harper and Realmuto. Their rotation is a question mark to me, outside of Nola, they have a bunch of 3/4, Arrieta has decline, than what about the Bp? Next mostly importantly, their farm system, it does not have no where near the tell tell it had....and personally i have to say that there rebuild was a bust, out of the past few years, they only had 3 solid prospects that have actually done something. 

Eveeyone likes to make the natural comparison of Mike Trout to Mickey Mantle. Mike should think about the major knee injury Mantle sustained getting his cleat caught on a sprinkler in the outfield. Something like that could happen to him over the next two seasons and throw a wrench into his schedule of baseball and financial immortality. 

Don’t risk it Mike. Your value is peaked. Everyone knows you are the best in baseball and deserve to be the highest paid. Be smart and get a deal done that will set the next century of Trouts up for life with financial security.