• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

I've been resisting it, but...we're gonna lose Trout

Glen

I’m so torn between wanting to see Trout remain an Angel for life versus receiving a ridiculous package for him. 

I want to see this team win more than anything and pending the types of offers we received a case could be made we’d be better off trading him. 

Anyways, I hope they approach him with a serious offer soon so they can get a sense of where he stands. 

This is a franchise who let Nolan Ryan walk away because of an arrogant GM.  Nolan wanted to stay with the Angles EVEN THOUGH HE WAS FROM TEXAS!!   Unless you have not been paying attention, Moreno and Eppler will do everything they can to make Trout an Angel for life.  With that said, doing everything they can is not exclusive to salary.  The Angels need to put a team on the field that can compete for championships over a sustainable period of time.  I think this is happening.  Here is what Trout has seen as an Angel player:

1. Angels leave the international signing for a period of time because of the corruption and exploitation of players  causing a lack of talent in the farm system.

2.  Angels sign Pujols, Wilson, Hamilton and Upton for large contracts.  With the exception of Hamilton, every player has been treated extremely well by the organization despite some having terrible years.

3. Scioscia finishes his Angel career under his own terms.  He is recognized by the organization as an important contributor to the franchise's success.  The Angels gracefully moved on.

4. Artie sided with the players and Scioscia causing Dipshito to take his ball and go home......

5. Artie hired Eppler and appears to be letting the baseball people do their jobs.

6.  Artie did not "tank" for a rebuild making if more difficult to do a rebuild.  The Angel's payroll seems to always be in the top 10.

7.  3 million fans show up, even when the Angels are mediocre.

8.  Angels sign Ohtani who seems to be excited to be with the team despite the team having a terrible year.

Trout has experienced an organization that quietly goes about its business honoring all of the things that Trout seems to think are important, people.  If he leaves I would wish him well and thank him for his time as an Angel.  I have a gut feeling that Pujols will have an impact on Trout's final decision.  This is a team on the cusp and will be a contender with or without Trout. 

It would be great to see him as an Angel but I am more excited about this team's future than I am fearful about Trout leaving.

4 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

this franchise not only has the talent for the future, but I believe the commitment is there and I think they have communicated that to Trout.  It may not look that way based on our current off season, but I think they'll continue to add and expand payroll over the next couple years.  

I don't disagree but as you said he wants to win and improving the team on paper isn't what matters it's the results.  I've never bought into the east coast talk about him wanting to play closer to home but the Phillies have done quite a bit on paper to position the team to contend.  Hopefully what the Angels have done translates into results sooner rather than later but only time will tell. 

45 minutes ago, Lou said:

does anyone really believe that someone in the front office (with direct knowledge) actually told Rosenthal that the team "was considering" specific terms of an offer to Trout?

someone needs to punch that little POS in the ovaries 

Sometimes these things are leaked to see what the reaction would be around the league, fans, players, Trout himself, etc.

1 hour ago, Angelsjunky said:

It very well might. 10/350 + 2/66 = 12/416. How much more do you think they actually need to spend? 10/400, so 12/466?

He was being paid pennies his first 6 seasons though, so not really fair to include his last 2 seasons on top of 350m.

I think it has to start 10/375 at least.

14 minutes ago, JarsOfClay said:

Sometimes these things are leaked to see what the reaction would be around the league, fans, players, Trout himself, etc.

sorry, but that's bullshit. when have you ever read a report that a team "is considering" offer one of their own players a specific extension?

couple that with the knowledge of of how tight-lipped our front office is and i still say rosenthal is full of sh*t. 

3 minutes ago, Lou said:

sorry, but that's bullshit. when have you ever read a report that a team "is considering" offer one of their own players a specific extension?

couple that with the knowledge of of how tight-lipped our front office is and i still say rosenthal is full of sh*t. 

Agreed something doesn't seem right, but Rosenthal is usually a pretty reliable source. Maybe @Jeff Fletcher can weigh in on this?

39 minutes ago, Lou said:

he literally got his info from the same twitter source we did.  He's trying to frame it in a way that makes it seem legit.  

As much as I don’t want to say it, I have a feeling the Angels will screw this up. Just a gut feeling Arte won’t pay him what he’s worth. Also a large part of me thinks Trout wants to go home and play. And to be honest I don’t blame him.

7 minutes ago, yamsi12 said:

As much as I don’t want to say it, I have a feeling the Angels will screw this up. Just a gut feeling Arte won’t pay him what he’s worth. Also a large part of me thinks Trout wants to go home and play. And to be honest I don’t blame him.

Can you imagine two old farts playing outfield for the Phillies ten years from now ... I have a hard time imagining that scene. 

1 hour ago, CanadianHalo said:

I’m so torn between wanting to see Trout remain an Angel for life versus receiving a ridiculous package for him. 

I want to see this team win more than anything and pending the types of offers we received a case could be made we’d be better off trading him. 

Anyways, I hope they approach him with a serious offer soon so they can get a sense of where he stands. 

Uh, what? We wouldn’t receive a ridiculous package for him. He’s got a NTC: We can’t move him except where he want to go. That eliminates a lot of leverage just at the outset. Also, no package is going to be worth his value. There has never been a better player than Mike Trout - this is not a exaggeration. If they move him, they’re the biggest morons ever.