• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2019 Minor League Statline and Prospect Discussion Thread

Chuck

Nice to see Maitan go deep.  Hopefully that happens a little more as the weather warms.  He has the sort of all-field power that tends to play well in the Midwest League, but that will require some adjustments.  Also good to see the Bees get Thaiss in at 3B and Walsh in at 1B.  I hope to see that happen more often, even in Anaheim. 

7 hours ago, Dochalo said:

they are definitely having them work on something specific.  

Same thing is going on with Marsh.  at looking of 15.5% and swinging of 14.6% and a GB rate of 60.0%.  

weird.  

7 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

There seems to be something happening on the pitching side -- check out all the guys seeing a jump in GB rates...    There are things happening we aren't privy to, things that will end up paying off for the organization.

This is the sort of system wide stuff I had been wanting to see the Angels employ.   It's nice to see it happening.

Ill poke around and see what I can find out.

But I think its safe to say the Org philosophy has changed big time. Not sure exactly what it is. But the message in the minors for a few decades has shifted...

1 minute ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Jr high history? You just make kids watch episodes of the wonder years?

i wish. 

there was a show on in the mid/late 80s called "Our World" and it would take a particular year and showcase the major news events that happened. it was one of the best things on tv. i think it lasted maybe one year, and that was a tragedy for those who taught.

2 minutes ago, Tank said:

i wish. 

there was a show on in the mid/late 80s called "Our World" and it would take a particular year and showcase the major news events that happened. it was one of the best things on tv. i think it lasted maybe one year, and that was a tragedy for those who taught.

Im a huge history nerd, but jr high history was rough. Isnt that when the cotton gin and all of that gets taught?

Tough to get kids to care about anything they havent played in a video game

4 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Im a huge history nerd, but jr high history was rough. Isnt that when the cotton gin and all of that gets taught?

Tough to get kids to care about anything they havent played in a video game

yes. in fact we're learning about the cotton gin and the slave-based southern economy right now. just talked today about the missouri compromise and the compromise of 1850. we're leading up to the civil war.

interesting point about video games. hadn't thought of that, but it may have legs (unlike my brussel sprouts and kelp salad this afternoon).

May 8, 2019

Salt Lake (10-22) lost 8-9 at Las Vegas (Athletics) (20-14)

• Ward (LF): 1-5, HR (4), R, RBI, K, hitting leadoff
  • Thaiss (3B): 0-4, BB, 2 K
  • Walsh (1B): 1-3, R, BB, K
  • Rojas (DH): 2-4, 2 R, 2B, K
  • Parker (RF): 1-3, 2 R, 2B, 2 RBI, BB, K
  • Tovar (SS): 2-4, R, 2B, HR (2), 4 RBI
  • The Bees tagged Edwin Jackson for 7 runs in 5 IP
  • Tropeano: 6 IP, 8 H, 5 ER, BB, 5 K, 2 HR - in 3 GS, 7.53 ERA, .322 BAA, 1.53 WHIP, but 3BB and 16 K in 14.1 IP
  • Ramsey: 0.1 IP, 3 H, 4 ER, 2 BB

Mobile (14-18) lost 1-7 vs. Jacksonville (Marlins) (11-22)

• Jones (2B): 1-3, 2B, BB
  • Cowart (DH): 0-4, K
  • Way (CF): 2-3, BB, K
  • Ball: 5 IP, 9 H, 6 ER, BB, 6 K, HR
  • Kelly: 3 IP, 0 H, 0 R, BB, 2 K

Inland Empire (14-19) lost 4-6 at Rancho Cucamonga (Dodgers) (21-12)

• Rivas (CF): 2-5, 2B, R, K - seeing some time in CF for first time since Dominican League
  • Torres (C): 1-4, R, PB
  • Hunter (RF): 1-3, R, 2 BB, K
  • Lee: 6 IP, 5 H, 5 R, 4 ER, BB, 7 K, 2 HR
  • Bertness: 2 IP, 2 H, ER, 2 BB, 3 K, HR

Burlington (19-14) lost 3-5 at Bowling Green (Rays) (19-14)

• Adams (CF): 0-5, 3 K, E (5)
  • Maitan (2B): 2-4, HR (2) (off Rays #9, fringe-100 Shane Baz), R, RBI, BB, K
  • N. Williams (RF): 1-4, 2B, 3 K
  • Wenson (C): 1-4, R, 2 RBI, 2K
  • Pina: 5 IP, 5 H, ER, 0 BB, 10 K - in 7 G/4 GS: 2.01 ERA, .204 BAA in 31.1 IP with 14 BB, 39 K
  • Morrison: 2 IP, H, K

11 hours ago, Tank said:

yes. in fact we're learning about the cotton gin and the slave-based southern economy right now. just talked today about the missouri compromise and the compromise of 1850. we're leading up to the civil war.

interesting point about video games. hadn't thought of that, but it may have legs (unlike my brussel sprouts and kelp salad this afternoon).

don't use the term WAR around here.  It makes people upset