• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2019 Minor League Statline and Prospect Discussion Thread

Chuck

Jason Alexander is starting to remind me a bit of the trajectory that Shoemaker and Anderson followed to Anaheim.

No prospect pedigree, nothing overwhelmingly notable, yet he produces and all of the sudden he’s in the bigs. 

8 IP, one hit, 0 R, 0 BB, 9 K tonight. Cowart is in for the save.

37 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Jason Alexander is starting to remind me a bit of the trajectory that Shoemaker and Anderson followed to Anaheim.

No prospect pedigree, nothing overwhelmingly notable, yet he produces and all of the sudden he’s in the bigs. 

Did he get the save? 

7 hours ago, Second Base said:

That plays a lot bigger of a role than most realize.  Kids that grow up in tropical or Mediterranean climate aren't used to playing baseball in Midwest winter/early spring conditions.  They may have been in cold weather once or twice, but nothing like that.  And they've never faced talent as good as they're facing in full season ball.  I'm actually surprised when we there's a 19 year old kid that's successful there immediately.  More often than not, you can expect to see April and May struggles, followed by a steady heating up in June and a scorching July before they're promoted in August. 

Mediterranean climate?  Never heard Mediterranean culture and baseball mixed together before.

11 hours ago, totdprods said:

Well done, Costanza!

May 7, 2019

Salt Lake (10-21) lost 1-3 at Las Vegas (Athletics) (19-14)

• Thaiss (1B): 2-4, 2B, R, K, hitting leadoff
  • Rojas (3B): 0-3, RBI, K
  • Parker (RF): 0-2, 2 BB, K
  • Peters: 5 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 8 K - 80 pitches, 50 strikes
  • Rhoades: 2 IP, 2 H, ER, 3 K

Mobile (14-17) won 2-0 vs. Jacksonville (Marlins) (10-22)

• Jones (2B): 1-3, HR (1), R, 2 RBI, BB, K
  • Alexander: 8 IP, H, 0 R, 0 BB, 9 K - 89 pitches, 63 strikes
  • Cowart: IP, 2 H, BB, K - first career save - 21 pitches, 12 strikes

Inland Empire (14-18) lost 0-2 at Rancho Cucamonga (Dodgers) (20-12)

• Rivas (SS): 1-4, K
  • Torres (2B): 1-3, BB, K
  • Hunter (RF): 2-3, K, SB (5)
  • Ortega: 5 IP, H, 0 R, 4 BB, 9 K - 74 pitches, 45 strikes
  • Warren: 2 IP, H, BB, 4K
  • Hanewich: IP, H, ER, 2 K, HR - control was his issue last year (46 BB/74 K in 69 IP) and its a little better this year (6 BB/16 K in 13.1 IP)

Burlington (19-13) lost 3-4 vs. Bowling Green (Rays) (18-14)

• Maitan (2B): 0-4, 2 K
  • N. Williams (CF): 1-4, 2B, 2 K, OF assist
  • Olmeda (C): 2-4, R, 2B, RBI, K
  • Arendas (DH): 1-3, HR (2), R, 2 RBI, BB, 2 K
  • Tyler: 5 IP, 2 H, R, 0 ER, 3 BB, 3 K - in 27.2 IP (6 G/5 GS), he has a 2.28 ERA, .173 ERA, 1.05 WHIP, 12 BB, 27 K - 20th Rd. pick in '18, RHP, 22 years old
  • Alvarado: 3 IP, 5 H, 3 ER, BB, 4 K, HR

10 hours ago, stormngt said:

Mediterranean climate?  Never heard Mediterranean culture and baseball mixed together before.

Much of California, aside from the Southern desert portion, is actually classified as a Mediterranean climate.  It's one of three places in the world with such weather patterns. 

6 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Much of California, aside from the Southern desert portion, is actually classified as a Mediterranean climate.  It's one of three places in the world with such weather patterns. 

Never heard that before.   I remember in my biology class they classified California as chaparral.   However I took that class during ancient times.

3 minutes ago, stormngt said:

Never heard that before.   I remember in my biology class they classified California as chaparral.   However I took that class during ancient times.

Chaparral is an environment like forest, swamp, or alpine. Mediterranean is climate description like tropical or arid.

8 minutes ago, eaterfan said:

I read somewhere that they would beat the MLB team.

One of my more misunderstood posts.  I said if Canning was one the mound for the Bees and someone like Cahill for the Angels, the Bees would win, particularly if Cozart and Bourjos were starting for the Angels.  I don't believe that was that bold of a statement.  AAA teams play the big league team in ST all the time and the AAA teams frequently win.  I'm not saying they're better, I'm saying that a AAA team can beat an MLB team, particularly a bad one, like the Angels.

9 minutes ago, Second Base said:

One of my more misunderstood posts.  I said if Canning was one the mound for the Bees and someone like Cahill for the Angels, the Bees would win, particularly if Cozart and Bourjos were starting for the Angels.  I don't believe that was that bold of a statement.  AAA teams play the big league team in ST all the time and the AAA teams frequently win.  I'm not saying they're better, I'm saying that a AAA team can beat an MLB team, particularly a bad one, like the Angels.

The Angels have a .457 winning percentage against MLB competition. The Bees have a .323 winning percentage against AAA competition. That would be the second-worst winning percentage in MLB. Angels are on pace to win 74 games over a full MLB season and the Bees are on pace to win 52 games over an MLB season. Canning is good. He'll make a difference, but he's not enough to make a terrible AAA team better than a mediocre MLB team. Would the Bees win some games against the Angels, yes, but only because of the flukey nature of baseball.

7 minutes ago, eaterfan said:

The Angels have a .457 winning percentage against MLB competition. The Bees have a .323 winning percentage against AAA competition. That would be the second-worst winning percentage in MLB. Angels are on pace to win 74 games over a full MLB season and the Bees are on pace to win 52 games over an MLB season. Canning is good. He'll make a difference, but he's not enough to make a terrible AAA team better than a mediocre MLB team. Would the Bees win some games against the Angels, yes, but only because of the flukey nature of baseball.

My exact point. The Orioles beat good teams. The Bees have a lot of talent on their roster with Walsh, Thaiss, Ward, Rengifo and Rojas. With Canning on the mound versus Cahill...I think the Bees would win.

Pitching is important and you can't predict ball.

1 hour ago, eaterfan said:

Chaparral is an environment like forest, swamp, or alpine. Mediterranean is climate description like tropical or arid.

That i know is false.  Chaparral is grasslands, arid....like southern California.  

Chaparral is far from forest swamp or alpine.

16 minutes ago, stormngt said:

That i know is false.  Chaparral is grasslands, arid....like southern California.  

Chaparral is far from forest swamp or alpine.

Those are examples of other types of environments, not similar environments.

Justin Bour is a 1B like Albert Pujols, Hank Greenberg, and Scott Spezio.