• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2019 Minor League Statline and Prospect Discussion Thread

Chuck

The Angels hitting prospects are so universally disappointing -- except for a few guys in Salt Lake -- that it makes me wonder if there is something going on, an organizational shift or approach that involves some kind of "let's do something that will take everyone a step back before leaping two steps forward." Or that's what I hope. 

3 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

The Angels hitting prospects are so universally disappointing -- except for a few guys in Salt Lake -- that it makes me wonder if there is something going on, an organizational shift or approach that involves some kind of "let's do something that will take everyone a step back before leaping two steps forward." Or that's what I hope. 

see earlier in the thread when IP and I were talking about statcorner.  

Just now, Angelsjunky said:

Ahh, thanks. So you basically statistically verified what my wishful hunch was. Hopefully we'll start seeing a change in the numbers soon...if we get to 200+ PA I'm going to start really worrying.

I really think they have guys doing some stuff in terms of pitch selection.  There isn't enough data available to really determine what that is.  

If I had to make a wild stab it would be that they're forcing some guys to look breaking ball or something like that.  

14 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Barria was sent down?  When?  

I think that also had something to do with having two off days in 4 games.  So it'll be Cahill, Harvey, Canning vs. bmore, skaggs and pena vs. Min for the first two games and it wouldn't surprise me if they made a couple of roster moves for the final game at Min where we see Barria followed by an off day.  That would have given him 5 days rest in between starts and will give the entire rotation an additional two days of rest before the home stand.  

5 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

nice game for the Burlington Bees.  

only hit for the opposition was in the 9th.  

Soriano 6ip, 0h, 3bb, 9k.  

Maitan HR, Nonie Williams HR.  

Maitan and Nonie are hitting well lately. 

Our pitching depth at the lower levels, IE and Burlington, have started strong and have not let up. 

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I’ve said this but it needs repeating.  If Matain lived up to his hype we’d have a top three farm. And a pretty nice, very young core.  Hell at this point I’ll take the good part of Kung Fu Panda from Matain.   

Not counting tonight, he’s hitting .271/.338/.339/.677 in his last 65 PA. Not a lot of power but the contact and discipline numbers are improving and he’s still very young for the league. Younger than Adams even. If he can get the hitting back on track overall, the power will come along.