• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2019 Minor League Statline and Prospect Discussion Thread

Chuck

9 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Matt Ball and Adrian De Horta, both 24 this year, are pitching well in AA.

Ball: 2.74 ERA, 28 Ks, 11 walks in 23 IP (5 starts).

De Horta: 2.03 ERA, 23 Ks, 8 walks in 13.1 IP (3 games, 2 starts).

Anyone know anything about these two?

De Horta pitched in the dogs series during spring.  Easy 95+ mph fastball and a really good change up.  Solid breaking ball as well.  Fastball does seem a little flat.  

3 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Pat Sandoval making his AAA debut tonight. 

He's lined up with Cahill's start in the bigs, so let's hope he does well. Get Corey Feldman off this team, he blows. 

https://www.milb.com/gameday/bees-vs-chihuahuas/2019/05/04/579430#game_state=live,game_tab=,game=579430

3.2 ip, 8h, 4r, 1er, 1bb, 3k, 2hr.  

Based on what I've seen from him he's not ready.  That's not to say he doesn't have talent and won't be at some point, but just not right now.  

I think he spends the rest of the year at AAA getting hammered and then some time about a year from now, he gets his shot.  

It's interesting because I would have though he'd have turned a corner from a control standpoint last year when he exploded onto the scene yet it might be that his stuff just started to play up more than in previous years and now he's trying to learn to pitch.  

Ultimately, I think he ends up being a very good major league pitcher when he learns to pitch but that could be a couple years from now before he truly settles into the rotation.  

1 minute ago, Dochalo said:

Based on what I've seen from him he's not ready.  That's not to say he doesn't have talent and won't be at some point, but just not right now.  

I think he spends the rest of the year at AAA getting hammered and then some time about a year from now, he gets his shot.  

It's interesting because I would have though he'd have turned a corner from a control standpoint last year when he exploded onto the scene yet it might be that his stuff just started to play up more than in previous years and now he's trying to learn to pitch.  

Ultimately, I think he ends up being a very good major league pitcher when he learns to pitch but that could be a couple years from now before he truly settles into the rotation.  

I like him as a pitcher, and dont mind that he only throws 91, but I've seen it his last couple starts and in his ST appearance against the Dodgers, his delivery is just so inconsistent. Terrible balance. 

1 minute ago, Dochalo said:

and I think you'll see a guy like Beasley end up having mlb success before Sandoval.  Not great success but something equivalent to that of a back end starter.  

I don't think Beasley will ever be a major league starter, but he profiles quite nicely in the bullpen. 

3 minutes ago, Second Base said:

I don't think Beasley will ever be a major league starter, but he profiles quite nicely in the bullpen. 

that's kinda my point.  I think he's a back end guy at best.  Sandoval has way better stuff but until he can harness it, he's going to get hammered at the major league level.  

and it's time to see what Jared Walsh can do at the major league level.  

maybe he fails like scouts think he will but he deserves a shot.  He has power and plate discipline.  He's succeeding at the highest minor league level.  That doesn't always translate, but it should turn into a shot at the very least.  

10 hours ago, Dochalo said:

I'm not worried. Doug White will get him to where he needs to be and fix him.

Jose Suarez was terrific through 5ip against the el paso chihuahuas today.  2h, 1b, 4k.  Was his first start of the year and he was masterful.  El Paso is the SDP AAA affiliate and has a .950 ops as a team with 70hrs in 30 games.  They are considered the best offense in pro baseball.  Lots of swing and miss and another interesting thing was that the opposing lineup is very LHed heavy so Suarez didn't use his best pitch hardly at all (changeup) and relied mostly on the fastball and slider which he was throwing anywhere in any count.  Fastball was 88-92 with good movement.  Totally in charge on the mound as well.  Worked very fast and hit his spot.  

As an aside, he had very good rapport with Briceno who I have watched a fair amount this year and he's very good at pitch calling and framing.  

1 minute ago, Inside Pitch said:

I really hope Briceno gets another shot, like you Im not seeing the fuss regarding Lucroy's game-calling.   Say what you will about Briceno, the dude was solid behind the plate.

I think he can be a not horrible hitter as well and as I type, he stole 2nd.  

Also, Matt Thaiss made an absolutely outstanding down the RF line with a catch above his head on a popup where he flew into the protective netting.  Went a long way to get it.  

2 minutes ago, Second Base said:

To be fair, everyone has a good rapport with Jose Briceno.  He's like......Brown Mathis.

But seriously, that's an OUTSTANDING run down @Dochalo.  Thank you for that. 

no worries.  got me really excited about him.  He's got impressive mound presence.  He also pitched inside very effectively and backed guys off the plate.  Even hitting a guy up and in.  Very composed.  

53 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

Brown squat would not be a good nickname.  at all.  

i have a huge pile of  brown squat in my front yard courtesy of some moron who couldn't be bothered to clean up after their dog. it looks she was walking a brontosaurus by the look of it.